• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run I: Koffee Kup, Hico 1/26/19

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
january pie run for 2019
COLD-BREW-COFFEE-PIE.jpg

when?
January 26 2019 at 11:00AM

Where?
Koffee Kup
300 2nd st Hico, TX

Camping!! feeling adventurous? Beemerless Bob's camping adventures

WARNING!!!! Koffee Kup takes cash only they do have a ATM in the entry way

IN:
focus frenzy
jarrett
one wolf
mitchntx
budzrex
BeemerlessBob + the Saint
shovel
BobW
Mr2mch

Probable:

Maybe:
frankalvarez

Last edited:
First Name
Jeff
Let's use the RSVP system - so the participants are automatically updated. I'm a very doubtful for this one - first Hico I've missed in several years, I believe...

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
What is this rsvp thing ? I was not invited to the class on this new forum.
Don’t even know how to pin threads here.
Don’t help I have Ebola

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
What time are you guys planning on arriving in Hico? If it's not too fresh, would like to drag my bike and wife out for a nice ride..

Gary

First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
I make this one as I have not been to one in a while, been trading a few PMs with our Pie Run creator over on the FJR forum

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I was looking over the RSVP list and it struck me as ironic that so many of the replies say "weather dependent". The irony is that the very first Pie Run had over 100 attendees and it was 28F with a slight drizzle as I rode up from North Austin to get there... How times have changed! :lol2:

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
I was looking over the RSVP list and it struck me as ironic that so many of the replies say "weather dependent". The irony is that the very first Pie Run had over 100 attendees and it was 28F with a slight drizzle as I rode up from North Austin to get there... How times have changed! 2:
This RSVP thing doesnt seemta show up on my Tapatalk...(yes..Im using it again....) but I went direct & found it

Last edited:
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
I was looking over the RSVP list and it struck me as ironic that so many of the replies say "weather dependent". The irony is that the very first Pie Run had over 100 attendees and it was 28F with a slight drizzle as I rode up from North Austin to get there... How times have changed! :lol2:
Along the same line is bike nights and nobody rides to the meet????

WoodButcher

Admin
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Well, I signed up for a photography class so I'm out. Has nothing to do with the weather. I rode to work today in the low 30s.

First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Bagley
I may be able to make it, depending on schedules and such, curious though, never having been to a pie run, about what time should I plan on being there?

Last edited:

WoodButcher

Admin
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
They open at 11am, as I remember. So arrive a bit before that. Gives you a chance to visit and find some people to talk to when you go get a table. We are the big rush so the sooner we are in and seated the smoother things go for their normal lunch crowd.

First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Bagley
They open at 11am, as I remember. So arrive a bit before that. Gives you a chance to visit and find some people to talk to when you go get a table. We are the big rush so the sooner we are in and seated the smoother things go for their normal lunch crowd.
Thank you very much sir!

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Rusty...you must be thinkin bout anuther place.... Koffee Kup opens at 6am
Lots o folks get there early to have breakfast instead of lunch

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Well, I am out. I am on call for work. Dad and I share taking call. He has a prior commitment for Saturday so he can't cover for me. So I suspect the weather will be freaking spectacular... :argh:

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
Looks good after, little chilly before.

9:00 am 40°
10:00 am 44°
11:00 am 47°
12:00 pm 51°
1:00 pm 53°

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
What are you using to view the thread? It will not show up in TapaTalk. It should show up in any other regular browser window. It will be above the thread.
Running chrome on desk top computer, no where do I see anything about rsvp.
Even in that pull down menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Running chrome on desk top computer, no where do I see anything about rsvp.
Even in that pull down menu.
Interesting. I should be a big block ABOVE where you see the drop down menu. It spans the width of the page.

rsvp4.jpg

I have been lurking awhile and I can't resist the Hico pie run so I will be there with a friend ( on bikes )

First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
A reminder, “camping” is available at Casa Del Saint
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/campout-freezeout-gathering-jan-25-26.119508/

The reason that camping is “camping”, is because if some of you wooses that say it’s too cold to camp outside, there is plenty of space to lay down your bedroll in the heated house. We are in the process of moved back into the house after a long time being nomads in our RV, but currently still living in the RV, so the house is empty. If the house is still standing after letting y’all have run of the place, we will finish moving in next week

Some of you folks coming from the north, may want to just go to the pie run, then travel a little further south to our casa.

There will be fire and fellowship

View the thread for access info, etc

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
There may be an issue with Chrome. I was having a variety of issues and someone (forgot who) suggested uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling. I did that and all the issues went away. I guess something in Chrome gets corrupted?

OldTLSDoug

Living the Dream.
Forum Supporter
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Basinger
Hate missing the Hico run, but stuff needs to be done.

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sellers
Hah! I was just getting ready to put on my riding suit this morning for the ride up to Hico and it started raining hard! The first Pie Run of the year just went to heck in a hand basket. We are on dirt roads here at the ranch and I didn't want to play slippy slidey on my K1200GT. Oh well, other Pie Runs will follow.

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Im leavin here in a bit....gonna have brkfst at Hico instead.... Rain along the way spells CAMRY to me. Doesnt look like ya'll northerners will have that to deal with tho.

Hey Steve (agman)... Shame you are gettn rained out

First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Bagley
Won’t be able to make it today sadly, maybe the next one in the area I will

Obdewla_X

Forum Supporter
Normally I'm in for Banana Blueberry when I'm at the KK but today had the Key Lime pie!

Good to meet you Zonie!

First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
One of the smaller groups Ive seen at Hico for pie...
Probably due to the persistant band of rain coming across the Waco area from the west....keeping lots of folks from down south from venturing out.