• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run I: Koffee Kup, Hico 1/26/19

Well, I signed up for a photography class so I'm out. Has nothing to do with the weather. I rode to work today in the low 30s.

I may be able to make it, depending on schedules and such, curious though, never having been to a pie run, about what time should I plan on being there?

Last edited:
They open at 11am, as I remember. So arrive a bit before that. Gives you a chance to visit and find some people to talk to when you go get a table. We are the big rush so the sooner we are in and seated the smoother things go for their normal lunch crowd.

They open at 11am, as I remember. So arrive a bit before that. Gives you a chance to visit and find some people to talk to when you go get a table. We are the big rush so the sooner we are in and seated the smoother things go for their normal lunch crowd.
Thank you very much sir!

Rusty...you must be thinkin bout anuther place.... Koffee Kup opens at 6am
Lots o folks get there early to have breakfast instead of lunch

Well, I am out. I am on call for work. Dad and I share taking call. He has a prior commitment for Saturday so he can't cover for me. So I suspect the weather will be freaking spectacular... :argh:

Looks good after, little chilly before.

9:00 am 40°
10:00 am 44°
11:00 am 47°
12:00 pm 51°
1:00 pm 53°

What are you using to view the thread? It will not show up in TapaTalk. It should show up in any other regular browser window. It will be above the thread.

Running chrome on desk top computer, no where do I see anything about rsvp.
Even in that pull down menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Running chrome on desk top computer, no where do I see anything about rsvp.
Even in that pull down menu.

Interesting. I should be a big block ABOVE where you see the drop down menu. It spans the width of the page.

rsvp4.jpg

Nope nothing was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been lurking awhile and I can't resist the Hico pie run so I will be there with a friend ( on bikes )

A reminder, “camping” is available at Casa Del Saint
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/campout-freezeout-gathering-jan-25-26.119508/

The reason that camping is “camping”, is because if some of you wooses that say it’s too cold to camp outside, there is plenty of space to lay down your bedroll in the heated house. We are in the process of moved back into the house after a long time being nomads in our RV, but currently still living in the RV, so the house is empty. If the house is still standing after letting y’all have run of the place, we will finish moving in next week

Some of you folks coming from the north, may want to just go to the pie run, then travel a little further south to our casa.

There will be fire and fellowship

View the thread for access info, etc

There may be an issue with Chrome. I was having a variety of issues and someone (forgot who) suggested uninstalling Chrome and reinstalling. I did that and all the issues went away. I guess something in Chrome gets corrupted?

Hah! I was just getting ready to put on my riding suit this morning for the ride up to Hico and it started raining hard! The first Pie Run of the year just went to heck in a hand basket. We are on dirt roads here at the ranch and I didn't want to play slippy slidey on my K1200GT. Oh well, other Pie Runs will follow.

Im leavin here in a bit....gonna have brkfst at Hico instead.... Rain along the way spells CAMRY to me. Doesnt look like ya'll northerners will have that to deal with tho.

Hey Steve (agman)... Shame you are gettn rained out

Won’t be able to make it today sadly, maybe the next one in the area I will

Normally I'm in for Banana Blueberry when I'm at the KK but today had the Key Lime pie!

Good to meet you Zonie!

One of the smaller groups Ive seen at Hico for pie...
Probably due to the persistant band of rain coming across the Waco area from the west....keeping lots of folks from down south from venturing out.

Back