• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run I: no pie like Mom's pie, 01/28

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
We had a blast! Great ride there, the food and the company was outstanding! Thanks you to Humanrace and skatz for bringing jackets for my wife to try on. We really appreciate it!!!

Thanks TWTEX for putting on a great ride!!

Thanks TWT & MaxxTraxx for organizing the N. Dallas/Plano chapter!

Best Pecan Pie ever.

Attachments

• 430312_10150558964054330_507439329_8846890_1518905542_n.jpg
    430312_10150558964054330_507439329_8846890_1518905542_n.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 178
Good turnout for the first Pie Run of 2012 and the first of Pie Man 3 Leon's reign! :thumb:

The wife and I just decided that we would ride 2-up on the FJR if I could wear my boot on the foot with the broken toe. I could and we did. Great to be out riding after more than a month! It was a bit nippy at 44-46 & windy going across the Lake Lewisville toll bridge but definitely worth while! Just 120 miles round trip for us.

Good to see Tango and Green Eyes again plus the Plano folks that I haven't seen in a while...

may have a photo or two later...

By the time we took the round about way back to Terrell I logged 241 miles. The afternoon was a nicer ride with a little higher temps and a little less wind.

Enjoyed the lunch and the pie and meeting a few new folks. I had the Mooloaf with pinto beans and okra with the Kentucky Bourbon pie. The pie was real good but rich enough to almost take your breath :rofl:. I forgot to take my camera in so Robin took a picture of my pie for me. I'll have to wait until she sends it to me before I can post it :doh:.

I had planned to make my first ever pie run today, & wasn't able to. I did take a shorter run, to Cleburne, with a friend today. Maybe next month.....

I had a nice cold ride up this morning and was the first one there. Had a nice ride back home with Chuck and Susan. It was good to see evryone and lunch and PIE was good! Good job Leon.

In line to order the Chicken Fried Steak, I found this precious image:

CandyStore.jpg

Later outside we found we had an apparent fan in one of the ladies at the restaurant, she snapped at least a dozen photos of the bikes.

WaitPhotographer.jpg

It was chilly, yet improving all day. I've had far worse - thinking of Hutto in 2010!!!
:suicide:

WaitPhotographer.jpg
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Notice the 2 riders coveting the KLR front & central?

Or laughing at it...

I have nothing to report on my ride because all I did was follow people who weren't lost. Or faked it really well :thumb: It involved gravel, mud, Newtonian physics, and pie.

Image01282012113402.jpg

Many thanks to Leon, everyone who filled the place, and especially those krazy kampers. I'm going to hook up an extra battery just to run heated... everything. :rofl:

Robin sent me the picture of my Kentucky Bourbon pie. Basically a pecan pie with chocolate chips and bourbon added to it. Rich but good :eat:

BourbonPie.jpg

was a nice turn out, when I went back outside I counted 53 bikes and know for sure two were two up so we had atleast 55 folks brave the semi cold.

It was chilly, yet improving all day. I've had far worse - thinking of Hutto in 2010!!! :suicide:

Sure you didn't mean "Hico in January 2010" - that's the coldest I remember - never got above 30... :giveup:

Sure you didn't mean "Hico in January 2010" - that's the coldest I remember - never got above 30... :giveup:

Ah, yes..... ice in the bar ditches....... starting with a dozen riders and losing half by Lampasas..... 25 degrees for a high.... memories. :lol2:

You know how us old folks are we get things mixed up now and then. Must be the cold affecting our brains from doing things like riding to Hico in January to eat pie :rofl:.

Rode to Aubrey.
Saw some nice bikes.
Ate Pie.
Got rid of an unused article of riding gear.
Bought an article of riding gear (stopped at Moto Liberty for a new pair of riding pants).
Rode home.
563 miles. I love heated vests.:rider::eat: shiver:rider::eat: shiver

Some of the bikes I saw, not all at the pie run.
P1280333.jpg

H2
P1280328.jpg

P1280332.jpg

P1280327.jpg

Less than 200 miles on this one.
P1280329.jpg

P1280330.jpg

P1280331.jpg

Looking left
P1280336.jpg

Looking right
P1280335.jpg

Saw a camel right outside Aubrey. He looks saddle sore.;-)
P1280338.jpg

Busted Chuck, thanks for the catch. Yes, Hico - omigosh that hurt.

I remember that one, I turned around in Lampasas, couldn't feel my fingers and there was ice on the sides of the road...

It was a good ride!

Good to meet (MaxxTraxx) Bryan, Christy or is it Kristy, Christie....and (philipbarrett)Phillip and great we were able to ride over together, wish I could have stayed longer.

Hoping we get another chance to meet up and ride with you guys again soon!

Phillip, if you ever want to ride with us on Saturday morning let me know, you are more than welcome and we would love to have you.

and thanks for the sampling off your pecan pie Phillip, you picked a winner!

Skatz Kat, good to say hello and met you also.

it is always a good day when...:clap:

you make new friends:sun:

you get to ride:rider:

you get to eat w/ new friends, on the ride:eat:

you get to eat PIE, any where, any tyme & for any reason, or no reason at all!!!!!!!!:eat3:

thx to HUMANRACE for the pic of my LRW(little red WEE), in front of Mom's:photo:

the day was topped off in fine fashion when i was :welcome: by a roaring camp fyre & a great bunch of folks @ CRAZY BOB'S camp

but, i guess anyone w/ a p/u load of fyre wood would have been welcomed

so glad i haven't seen a RIDER DOWN notice, from the ride :thumb:

even though Mom's pie was intoxicating...

until next tyme

shiny side up

Rode to Aubrey.
Saw some nice bikes.
Ate Pie.
Got rid of an unused article of riding gear.
Stopped at the Cycle Center of Denton to photograph some of their collection of bikes!!
Bought an article of riding gear (stopped at Moto Liberty for a new pair of riding pants).
Rode home.
563 miles. I love heated vests.:rider::eat: shiver:rider::eat: shiver

Some of the bikes I saw, not all at the pie run.
P1280333.jpg

H2
P1280328.jpg

P1280332.jpg

P1280327.jpg

Less than 200 miles on this one.
P1280329.jpg

P1280330.jpg

P1280331.jpg

Good job on the "extra" bikes!!!!:tab:thumb:

Hey Don - Isn't the red Honda a CB-400? I owned one back in the late 70s - early 80s (bought it from Red Pill). That was one fun little bike.

A few of us became rogue due to distance, and rode to Sissy's instead :)

4b6cb14d-6bd7-ba54.jpg

4b6cb14d-6c52-9953.jpg

4b6cb14d-6c2b-b044.jpg

Good folks, good conversation, good weather, good riding :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852447.576717.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852447.576717.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 162
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852462.423480.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852462.423480.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 156
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852480.326517.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327852480.326517.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 167
My daughter and I had a great ride (took the long way home), great pie and we really enjoyed the fellowship. All that was enough to make a perfect 150+ mile day by itself, but as a special bonus, HUMANRACE gave her an awesome leather jacket.! :clap:

Many thanks HR.... We'll be sure to pass it along to another rider when she outgrows it. :zen:

BlueJacket.jpg

Cheers.!

Back