• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run II: 15th February pie run Sam's, Fairfield 2/29/20

That 68 in the afternoon looks good. The 40 in the morning not so good. Robin Steve and I are watching the weather and if it is not to cool at leave home time we are going to try to make the ride. Funny how as we get older the warmer it has to be before we want to ride.

That 68 in the afternoon looks good. The 40 in the morning not so good. Robin Steve and I are watching the weather and if it is not to cool at leave home time we are going to try to make the ride. Funny how as we get older the warmer it has to be before we want to ride.
I'm 79 and electric gear makes the difference.

Here is what Base Camp spit out with the motorcycle option. Basically a track up the east side of I-45.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• SamsPieRun2020-390 I-45E.GPX
    121.3 KB · Views: 245
Brrrrr! 25F this morning in Lindale. But warmer for Pie Day, 42F Saturday morning. The heated vest and maybe get around to installing heated grips on the V-Strom will keep it toasty. Saturday looking great with highs reaching up into the 70's.

Last edited:
Got my new rear tire mounted. Ready to roll!

Might hit a bit of dirt on the way up and then do some exploring on the way home. Anyone with a DS/Adventure bike that would like to join me is welcome.

I got a new set of tires to break in, so will be leaving San Antonio at 6A. If anyone wants to join me. šŸ˜

Plan on taking 35 up? If so I can meet in Round Rock/Georgetown if you are interested...

-- Oops wrote this hours ago, forgot to hit submit...

Pieman's New Ride

Lotsa nice rides there today..... Big crowd

& we had a good one after lunch. Fun Freestone CRs ..then a long straight ride back west thru Thornton... Marlin...Eddy & Moody...where I split north leavin Drew to carry on west.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Good food, good weather and a lot of two wheeled friends. All things considered, it was a great day. I covered about 300 miles getting back to Texarkana. Just my perspective but I would say it was a success. Forgot to mention. I got to meet up with the world famous Buffalo (at least in the Burgman world he is) and his riding partner Robin. It was truly my pleasure to have lunch with you all.

Last edited:
Back