• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run III: Arrive alive in Fairfield!

Re: Pie run to Fairfield

...I was following along on a very bumpy road. How bumpy you ask?...
It was bumpy enough that I placed a call to ProCycle for new fork seals on the way home. Hopefully parts will make it in time for installation so I can make the LSTD @ TWS next weekend.
:eek2:

The one you shot of my face turned out well, I couldn't figure out how you were shooting as I couldn't see your zoom at the time so I was curious how it turned out. Great one!

Fact is, I'd left white balance on florescent after the pie shot inside, so I had to really 'Shop everything after lunch - totally dumb thing to do. The shots of you were really blown out and I had to pretend 'artistic license' to make like they were good ones. Fooled you, didn't I? :clap::clap::clap:

I went sort of nutz with the shutter finger today, almost 60 pix after the cull, so I did a slide show of them all.

The small version, a bit over 11Mb for you dial-up people, it's the postage-stamp size version:
http://tinyurl.com/86pq6s7

And the big version, a bit over 52Mb, but it'll fill up your screen:
http://tinyurl.com/73fnps5

Robin, thanks very much for the great film! I couldn't make it yesterday; but you made feel like I was there! :sun:

The Arlington contingent rode included Ryan, who was shooting real film with an ancient Canon AE-1. Hopefully when his film is processed (where do you do that, anyway), he'll grace us with some old-fashioned pictures.

Dang. I did not realize you were there. Would have been ice to meet you. Of course, with my memory being what it is, it might have been nice to meet you again... :wary: :-P

I kept hearing your name, but couldn't get peeled away to go find you. As it is, prior commitments and the expected arrival of grandbaby Reese will probably keep me away from the next three, but hopefully I'll be at Edom in July. I'll make a point of meeting you there. Or meeting you again. Either is fine. :trust:

Looks like fun. Wish I could've ridden with the Arlington contingent. However, I couldn't find a good way to bungee my 18 month old to the pillion, a he's too big for a side case.

Looks like fun. Wish I could've ridden with the Arlington contingent. However, I couldn't find a good way to bungee my 18 month old to the pillion, a he's too big for a side case.
Give it some time, it's tough but it slowly gets better. Mine just turned three and I finally was able to make two pie runs in a row!!! :mrgreen:

Did you pass some Tandem Bicycles on Malloy Bridge? i thought we saw an FJR as we were coming into Seagoville.

It was bumpy enough that I placed a call to ProCycle for new fork seals on the way home. Hopefully parts will make it in time for installation so I can make the LSTD @ TWS next weekend.
:eek2:

the SV normally shrugs off bumps like a real pro but I had the forks re-built after the crash and either the compression damping got turned full firm or a thicker oil was used. all the loose marbles rattling around in my head was quit distracting.:rider:

Did you pass some Tandem Bicycles on Malloy Bridge? i thought we saw an FJR as we were coming into Seagoville.
As a matter of fact I did. I remember it very clearly because just as I was approaching the group one of the bikes veered fully into my lane in front of me causing me to make evasive maneuvers. Hoping that wasn't you, because if it was, there were foul words sent your direction but contained within my helmet. :rofl:

Well, I missed the ride up with the Conroe bunch so solo it is. Up I45 to Huntsville when I said the heck with it and got on 75 north of Huntsville. OMG, i hereby nominate US75 as most in need of resurfacing! Bumpy and rough for miles on end. Tar snakes everywhere. Just not very enjoyable, lots of nice views but the road surface SUCKS!

Upon arrival, lots of bikes and lots of friendly faces. Several folks were in "STIG" mode.
A couple of examples were???? I know who. Do you?
P1010746.jpg

P1010748.jpg

Bikes in the lot and one really cool Ducati!
P1010750.jpg

P1010751.jpg

P1010752.jpg

The reason for the event. Pie was so so but as long as one eats with friends, both old and new, who cares. Mine.
P1010753.jpg

My table partners. Chocolate something.
P1010754.jpg

The ride home down US 84, FM 80, FM 39, Texas 90 and 30, with a ride down thru the forest home was uneventful, some flowers out but nothing like over in the Independence area last weekend. Ended up following some of the Conroe crew down FM80/39. Yes, its a bad picture but it did happen.
P1010756.jpg

For those with really good eyes, that Hemibee, Snoopster, Abby, and Eddirt out in front of me. Way out in front of me. I guess I need to ride faster. :giveup:

Self portrait on the way down FM39, which I believe could be the most boring Farm to Market road in Texas.
P1010760.jpg

the SV normally shrugs off bumps like a real pro but I had the forks re-built after the crash and either the compression damping got turned full firm or a thicker oil was used. all the loose marbles rattling around in my head was quit distracting.:rider:

I am just due for service. 35k on current components. Actually, I think trouble started a few days ago, but the rough roads hammered the point home.;-)

Only one of these. Restoration recently finished. The lady rode in from Palestine, I believe. Riding partner/hisband? Rode the BMW in the background. I wish I had the patience and skills to do a restoration like these.
P3310438.jpg

Here’s the rider and her bike.
P3310439.jpg

That's Shirley and her Ducati that her husband/riding partner rebuilt for her. Here's a photo from a couple years ago during it's "very" early resto phase.

2034973960062847176S600x600Q85.jpg

Your pic is the first I've seen of it finished, looks fantastic! Great job Tom :thumb:

a6cd08b4-a0d4-abf1.jpg

I made it home needing a new rear tire....

Omg very lucky there. That sent chills down my spine.

The pie was great (funny when we ran them out of plates) and the camp out was even better. On to the next event :D

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I sure hope it wasn't me either. Was that just before Kaufman Rd on a slight hill? One of the other guys made that same maneuver on me early in the day!!!! Were you up on Sugar Ridge also? We saw 2 bikes up there and one them was an FJR. Well sorry about that maneuver even if it wasn't me!

I was out on FM660 but didn't turn down Sugar Ridge rd. And no offense, but you guys weren't making good enough time for me to see you at SR and in Seagoville. :mrgreen:

Yea, it was right before Kaufman St. It's all good, I muttered my curse words and by the time I'd made my turn and was on my way it was forgotten. Well, until someone brought it back up. :lol2:

It's all good! :rider:

I was surprised to see that the roadies I came up on all looked to be on tandems. You don't see tandems hardly at all, let alone a group of them.

Thanks Mark. I was proud of Shirley. Making the transition from the Stella to a foot shift bike is hard enough but I had to build her something with a right hand shift and left side brake. She did very well though and no more running out of speed when we hit the hills. Of course we only rode 55 and 60 because of the break in period. We met lots of great people and lots of interesting bikes. A fun day!

I went sort of nutz with the shutter finger today, almost 60 pix after the cull, so I did a slide show of them all.

The small version, a bit over 11Mb for you dial-up people, it's the postage-stamp size version:
http://tinyurl.com/86pq6s7

And the big version, a bit over 52Mb, but it'll fill up your screen:
http://tinyurl.com/73fnps5

Great shots Robin. I even managed to get in one and my bike in another.

Back