• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run III-Ingleside

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and talking to those of you I got to meet. I wimped out and took the Z as I have some pretty wicked "bail rash" from the ranch as well as a few bruises from catching a trailer to the face ( I think Chuck's pirate attack suggestion sounds cooler though), Food was good, company better.
I walked out with 5 pies for home :eek2: 2 of them(chocolate cream and cherry) went to my friends housewarming this evening, they didnt last that long, trust me:trust: . Im trying to get his dad into riding. Hes already looking at the MSF. My roundtrip was about 346 miles. Chuck, Phil, and Spirit of Wizzerman, ya'll did a dang good job setting this up.
Like I said it was great to meet all yall, thanks for a GREAT excuse to get out of town. Hopefully next time I can make it a little further North and not break myself so I can ride up.

I arrived safely back in Fort Worth after a 6 hour ride home.

I was hoping that 2-up picture would turn out! (thanks) We happened on Rich while we were looking for a place for Scott (STScott) to pick up a phone charger after breakfast at the Rockport Bakery :thumb: .

Looks good! Keep up the good work Chuck!!

Who is this guy? :-P

Hey, we missed the Pie Family! You flat disappeared for a while - glad you are back connected.

(more stories and pictures later - we are trying to get ready for the big trip home)

Sounds like you guys had great time. Wish we could have made it, but furneral I had to speak at went as well as can expected. Kathy and I hope Rebecca is ok. We also hope all make it home ok.
God Bless all.
Marty

What time were you there? STScott, Susan, and I were riding back from Rockport and noticed a bike and rider there (in front) about 11:00 AM. I saw several bikes in back at about 12:00 before I was ready to make my grand arrival.

Actually, I inherited this Pie Run - WC Zimmerman has the 2008 season already setup so I'm just trying not to mess it up. A local, Phil (TX F2) kept Floyd's up to date. He also was doing nametags today - something that helped so folks could recognize who was who. Thanks, Phil! :clap:

Yea...I left near noon...trying to fit the Three Sisters on the way back via Camp Wood. It ended up being 800 miles for the sake of the pie run :)

I am glad Becca is ok from her highside episode. I contemplated riding on the beach too, but then again fine light sand and heavy bikes don't mix too well.

Thanks Phil too!

RB

I headed South on 59 to 288, then 521 to 35 into Ingleside. Most of the morning was hazy, but I didn't run into any rain. Riding along 521, I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet. Just as I was thinking that, I turn and look to my right. There was a cow that was in the mud up to its stomach. I thought it looked funny, so I turned around to grab a shot. By the time I got back, the big sucker had faught its way out and was running. :doh: But, as I slowed down, I saw about 15 things scramble into the water out of the corner of my eye. I look over and there is only one left... an aligator. They were all about 3 foot long. After taking a couple of shots and watching them for several minutes, I couldn't help but think where mama was. :eek2:

3_30_2008_008.jpg

The roads were pretty straight...
3_30_2008_019.jpg

3_30_2008_009.jpg

but the aligators gave it some life. :clap:

This was the tough guy that wasn't afraid.
3_30_2008_012.jpg

3_30_2008_014.jpg

3_30_2008_021.jpg

Next stop... Floyd's. :rider: :eat:
3_30_2008_025.jpg

3_30_2008_026.jpg

I arrived early for once. Once again, I enjoyed meeting everyone I did. Had a chicken fried steak and cherry pie. :eat: :yawn: No time for a nap though, I had to get home. I took a Northern route home, running FMs along 77 to 90, then back North on 59.

One of the several times I crossed the Colorado River for the day.
3_30_2008_028.jpg

After gasing up in Hallettsville, I spotted what looked like a church. I went to go have a look and get a picture. It turned out to be the courthouse, I guess.
3_30_2008_032.jpg

3_30_2008_035.jpg

Running down 90, I saw some zebras at an exotics place. Had to get some pics. :mrgreen:
3_30_2008_040.jpg

3_30_2008_042.jpg

That was my day in a nutshell. :zen:

Was boppin' home to Brazoria one day in my old Dodge van on 521 just out of Wadsworth and came upon a gator stretched from one side of the road to the other. They used to plant a lot of rice there, not so much anymore, but he'd come out of the rice field and was sunning himself while a guy was out of his truck on the other lane kickin' at it!:eek2: I prepared to watch him get his leg bit off while I grabbed for the Ruger Security Six I always had handy in the van, but the gator just kinda moved off the road real slow. Guess he wasn't up to temperature, yet.:doh: :lol2:

My second Pie run with y'all and still hav'in a ball. Great to meet new faces and visit with fellow riders from around the state. Thanks for setting this up. Looking forward to the next one.

Flower sniffin on the way down. Two fellow riders stopped to see if I was ok while I was stopped along the road taking these. Them bikers - nice folks.
IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Glamour shot along Copana Bay
IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

At Floyd's
IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like most everyone had a good time. Sorry I missed this one but life is still a bit chaotic after the move. At least I can get my bike out of the garage now. It had been buried in. :lol2:

Squeaky - Sorry to hear about your get-off. I hope you're doing ok today.

Kory - Cool gator pics. :thumb:

I can confirm that mama was or used to be around that very spot on 521 as coming home one night a couple years ago I hit a gator, with my truck, stretched across the lane you had your bike parked in .

I always look to that side when coming home in the afternoon and evenings but never take the time to stop and look around...I'll have to stop there now just to take a look.

Thanks for the pic and insight...

Zed

I can confirm that mama was or used to be around that very spot on 521 as coming home one night a couple years ago I hit a gator, with my truck, stretched across the lane you had your bike parked in .

I always look to that side when coming home in the afternoon and evenings but never take the time to stop and look around...I'll have to stop there now just to take a look.

Thanks for the pic and insight...

Zed

Hey Zed, that's crazy stuff! Yeah, the little ones look like they they have made it through and can fend for themselves now. The funny part to me is that I would have just zoomed by there and not noticed anything if it wasn't for that cow in the mud. :mrgreen:

Hey Zed, that's crazy stuff! Yeah, the little ones look like they they have made it through and can fend for themselves now. The funny part to me is that I would have just zoomed by there and not noticed anything if it wasn't for that cow in the mud. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking the cow is the lucky one. :lol2:

Made it back OK, had fun meeting and talking with all I could, sorry if I didn't get to meet everyone. Ride back was a little breezy, now off to work...

I'll check back later...oh and thanks Steve (Seahog) and Jack (Jack Giesecke) for letting us tag along, can't wait for the next one that we can make...

Zed

Hello Zed, Zach,Wendy & Jack & TWT riders everywhere:
Glad to hear everyone got home ok... what a great day. Truly enjoyed meeting all the forum folks, and looking forward to the next run.
Mega kudos to the PMIT (Chuck) for a first class job of organizing the affair. Hope all the bumps & bruises and final drives heal soon.

Hey, Jack, it was fun riding with the Pt Lavaca - Palacios Axis of Evil Pie Masticators.

Cheers,
steve

We are finally home - my wife is one tough cookie - riding the naked dual-sport maxi-scooter! :eek2: But what do you expect from a gal that has taught 7-8th grade math for 11 years? ;-)

Details at 10:00... :trust:

Thanks for the great ride down to all that rode from Sugarland. It was nice to meet you all as this was my first and not last Pie Run. Had an uneventful ride back. Hope the camping on the beach went well. I made a quick sto at the USS Lexington. Next time I will take the tour.

HPIM0423.jpg

The mighty Lex........:patriot:

I see the tail of an F4 stickin' out. Loved walkin' around that ship. Did they still have the Wasp and double Wasp engine displays???? I found that really interesting, started thinkin' how I could get one in a YSR frame.....:mrgreen:

We are finally home - my wife is one tough cookie - riding the naked dual-sport maxi-scooter! :eek2: But what do you expect from a gal that has taught 7-8th grade math for 11 years? ;-)

Details at 10:00... :trust:

I am glad you are home safe and sound!

Great ride and better company! :clap:

After lunch, Keith and I rode up to the Texas Mile event for a few hours to see some scary fast cars and cycles!!! The bikes were regularly reaching speeds of 180+ and a couple of cars (Ford Gt's) broke 200.

Not certain but I think we saw a familair adventure rider on a KTM testing his top-end witts!! I didn't hear the official speed announcement...

Looking forward to next run!

Attachments

• Pie Run 032908 004.jpg
    Pie Run 032908 004.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Pie Run 032908 005.jpg
    Pie Run 032908 005.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Pie Run 032908 006.jpg
    Pie Run 032908 006.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 154
  • Pie Run 032908 007.jpg