• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run IV: The Creamery, Marshall, Tx. April 26th

Just got home about an hour ago. Had a great time!! It was nice meeting new people and putting some faces with names. :)

Will post some pictures tomorrow.

I had a great time today w/ the old geezers. :haha: J/K ..... that's what they called themselves. :bigokay: to Phil "Pkiser" for leading us out there. It started out a bit chilly this morning. Even w/ my liner in my mesh jacket I was cold. I had to add the rain jacket later. Really glad I didn't have to use the rain jacket for real. The sun finally came out on the way home & I was able to shred some items.

Michelle, it was nice to finally meet you and see you again Dave (the Houston group). Looks like we got in about the same time. I logged in 365 miles today. Of course, we did stop for dinner in Trinity.

We had a nice turnout ..... not sure about the numbers ..... 30 something :shrug: A young lady from the local newspaper stopped in to talk to us about our Pie Run. She said her story will be online. I think it's http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/. Looks like we made the news again like in Hutto.

Got to see Tracker & Tehtank again. Didn't I just see you guys a couple of weekends ago. :scratch: It was nice to finally talk to Jessica "Ninjette" and Bill "pub610".

Will post up my pics later.

Mike from Conroe came up and joined 4 of us from Huntsville to go have some pie. We started the day off a lil on the chilly side but it ended up being a very nice day.:sun:

Due to our group having one old chubby guy on a SV1000N(insert name of old chubby guy here________) frequent stops were the order of the day. :-P I want to state clearly for the record that the SV is not quite the touring bike that the ole ST1300 was. I clocked in about 350 miles today and saw some very nice countryside. :giveup:

It was cool to meet some new people and get a chance to visit some face to face. Pkiser counted 38 bikes at the time he checked. The place was nice and full of riders.

I had a chance to talk to a local and he told me the young lady in a pigtail working behind the counter was the owners daughter and she makes all the pies for the place. She is gonna make some dude fat 'n happy someday. :eat:

All in all it was a hoot and I can't express how much fun it is to ride with friends and visit.

Here's a few pics--click to enlarge(yes the 1098 is worth clicking on,:clap: )

th_P1010684.jpg
th_P1010685.jpg
th_P1010686.jpg

th_P1010688.jpg
th_P1010690.jpg
th_P1010691.jpg
th_P1010692.jpg

th_P1010693.jpg
th_P1010695.jpg
th_P1010696.jpg

th_P1010697.jpg
th_P1010698.jpg
th_P1010699.jpg
th_P1010703.jpg

th_P1010704.jpg
th_P1010705.jpg
th_P1010709.jpg

th_P1010710.jpg
th_P1010712.jpg
th_P1010713.jpg
th_P1010716.jpg

th_P1010718.jpg
th_P1010719.jpg
th_P1010723.jpg
th_P1010728.jpg
th_P1010736.jpg

This is how I spent my day. The ride was great, the food was good but those two things pale in comparison to this kind of fellowship.

pk

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 205
I am really sorry we missed you Chuck. I had so much fun. I have to say I was taking notes from Debbie on her riding skills. I hope I am that cool one day! BTW Great Pics Jack in Texas!

I have to admit that I have been out of the loop lately due to big changes on the home front (all good) so I didn't even know Saturday was the pie run.

Anyway, I had to run over to the lake house in east Texas Saturday, and on the way back to Dallas I passed through Mineola. I looked over and saw a BMW and Triumph sitting near East Texas Burger Co. I thought, Hmmm that looks like Rob and Jerry's. Sure enough there is Rob walking with Jamie near. I was already past them (too late to honk) so I drove on back to Dallas. That should have been my clue that a pie run was in progress.
Hope all had fun and a safe ride.

Debbie - It was great meeting you guys too! Looking forward to seeing you all at the next run. :eat:

Here are my pics from yesterday. I'm not sure who all the bikes' owners are but I'll try to point out what I can.

I also wish I had had more time to chat with everyone there. Before I knew it time had passed and we needed to get going back to H-town. :doh: I will bombard more of you next time.

Luckily we didn't get hit with any rain but the morning was pretty dreary and the streets were wet. Dave and I met in Crosby to make the trip over. Here he is pulling in:

Dave.jpg

We high tailed it to Marshall so no on-the-way pics. When we got there the place was already filling up and it was only 12:30.

Bikes01.jpg

Bikes02.jpg

Lots of great bikes there:

BikeAtMeet02.jpg

BikeAtMeet03.jpg

BikeAtMeet04.jpg

Jack's (JackNTexas) new SV:

BikeAtMeet08.jpg

BikeAtMeet11.jpg

Ninjette's Ninja:

BikeAtMeet12.jpg

BikeAtMeet13.jpg

Beautiful job done on this VFR:

BikeAtMeet15.jpg

BikeAtMeet19.jpg

Sorry about the drool spot next to your bike. I couldn't help it. :drool:

BikeAtMeet21.jpg

BikeAtMeet23.jpg

BikeAtMeet24.jpg

Stroms!!! :borg:

BikeAtMeet06.jpg

BikeAtMeet14.jpg

BikeAtMeet25.jpg

Bikes03.jpg

Yep we had pie.

Dave had buttermilk (I think that's what this is.)

ButtermilkPie.jpg

Ed had blackberry. Now this is how pie should be done!

BlackBerryPie.jpg

I had keylime. It had.. deflated a bit. I poked it to make sure it wasn't trying to run off my plate.

KeyLime.jpg

Meet01.jpg

Meet02.jpg

Meet03.jpg

Meet04.jpg

Meet05.jpg

Meet06.jpg

Meet07.jpg

I had a great time! Looking forward to the next pie run I make. :rider:

Had a great time. Got to meet some old friends and made some new ones. The burger I had was enormous :eek: but I still had pie :eat: Thanks to y'all who thought to bring their cameras, I always enjoy seeing the pics.

Our ride began Friday night. Based on our past two get out of town Friday night experiences, I believe it's now impossible to leave the DFW metromess without adding at least an hour to your trip estimate. Heading northeast out of Plano, we hit stop and go traffic through Plano, Wylie and Lavon.

We stopped in Lone Oak at Jack's Burger Stand on Hwy 69 for a burger and fries. The squall line was just ahead of us and we hoped it would move further east ahead of us. Despite leaving within a few minutes of Laine getting out of school, it still put us at Bob Sandlin SP at 21:30. Somebody forgot to save us a campsite and they were full. I hate riding unfamiliar roads after dark, especially since it was getting cooler, fog was trying to form, and the roads were wet from earlier rains. I eyeballed a couple of spots as potential places to pitch a tent, but never saw a good place to get truly hidden from potential riff-raff and the night was dark as ink, which made it hard to scope out potential spots.

We eased into Pittsburg hoping to find a hotel, but the only one there was "full"--probably a blessing in disguise from the looks of it. We motored on down to Gilmer and found a place for the night.

Next morning, just as we opened the door to begin gearing up, there was a rumble and a 5 minute downpour. We waited it out, then hit the local fast food for a quick breakfast.

DSCF0001.JPG

We decided to try and hit the back roads between Gilmer, Jefferson and Marshall. FM726 was a nice road, but the road stayed wet all the way to just north of Marshall, requiring a little extra caution. The countryside was an incredible green and the light rain on the warm asphalt made the air heavy with that musty, rain on hot asphalt smell.

DSCF0002.JPG

My son and I.
DSCF0003.JPG

Some of the featured fare. (The crawdads weren't bad, but the the corn was stale and overcooked. Blueberry Pie tasty, but thin on filling.)
DSCF0004.JPG

The early crowd. Enjoyed meeting some new folks.
DSCF0005.JPG

Laine & I decided to beeline it back on Hwy 80, which wasn't too bad of a ride, actually. However, FM205, which I think has been torn up in Rockwall going on 20 something years, is still torn up.

Dave had buttermilk (I think that's what this is.)

ButtermilkPie.jpg

Yep, buttermilk. Very tasty.:thumb:

I left the house before 0730 to meet Michelle in Crosby. It was raining lightly when I left the driveway. By the time I got north of I-10, the rain had stopped, but the roads were still wet. The west side of town was still getting pounded and heavy clouds in all directions looked threatening. The morning's radar image showed hope of relief to the north.

We departed the walmart parking lot around 0815 and made a beeline for 59 going out US90 to BW8. Our plan was to get north as quickly as possible to get into drier conditions. Once on 59, we just settled in for the long cruise.

We took our first rest stop near Corrigan. As we traveled further north, the temperature steadily dropped below 70 despite the sun showing through occasionally. With only my summer jacket on and a light vest underneath for insulation, I resorted to the active heating accoutrements the K-LT provided (okay, I wimped:giveup: ).

Our next stop was in Mt Enterprise for a splash of fuel where we then picked up FM315 to Carthage to get back on 59, taking us straight into Marshall. We arrived at The Creamery right around 1230.

We departed Marshall around 230pm and made only one stop in Diboll for fuel. We got off of 59 in Cleveland to avoid the compiling volume of trucks and cars which and road construction further down the highway we saw on our way up . 321 took us down to Dayton where Michelle and I parted ways. I took 146 back down to Seabrook, arriving back on my driveway just before 7pm.

It was great to visit with all the other Two Wheeled Texans. The diversity of machinery that showed up was amazing. :clap:
I think the 1098 and the Rockster were in competition for 'most photographed' and 'most drooled on' awards. Dang eurotrash! nothing but attention mongers.:mrgreen:

Great way to spend 500 miles. Thanks for the company Michelle.:rider:

285996795_RxNEG-L.jpg

The pie run was scheduled and we had talked about camping, so it was a natural match. We decided to head out to the Two Wheel Texans Pie Run in Marshall Texas on Saturday.

Rob, Jamie and I met at the Race Trac on legacy at 8AM. We were packed and ready to go get some pie and do some camping in Arkansas.

285988226_p98Mm-L.jpg

The Trophy is loaded down and ready to go.

We slabbed it down 80 with no issues. There was a lot of traffic, but it was fine. We rode to Mineola and stopped for breakfast at the La Waffalata. This is attached to the world famous East Texas Burger Company. I have to say that breakfast was awesome! I would tell you all to stop by and give it a try. It has a nice baseball theme as well. Very nice!

285988375_i3qka-L.jpg

The bikes in front of the waffle place.

285988701_UY7py-L.jpg

Rob & Jamie waiting for their breakfast.

285988851_4VhBU-L.jpg

This thing was outside and it kinda spooked me some. hehehe

We headed out after a great meal, the remaining miles to Marshall. It was a little over cast but very nice riding weather. We arrived at the pie location around 12:35PM. There were a few bikes already there. The remaining group showed up while we were eating our pie. We got to visit with a few old friends and meet some new ones as well. Like always the group of bikes were very different. there were cruisers, sport bikes, sport touring bike, big baggers and a group of scooters showed up. It is always one of my favorite things about these pie runs. I love that people get together and enjoy each other, without any concern on what type of bike you are riding. It is all about Two Wheels! I guess there was a reporter there from a local newspaper. My wife spoke with her for while and she took a bunch of pictures. Here is a link to the newspaper. The article is here: TWTEX Rolls into town.

I got to spend some time chatting with Debbie from the Houston area. I have talked with her a few times and she is always very pleasant and has a wonderful smile. I met her a few years ago on one of our Arkansas trips. She always has time to chat and rides a cool looking bike to boot. Glad to see you Deb!

Meet03.jpg

I borrowed this from Michelle :) - Debbie and I chatting it up. See she is always smiling!

285989877_rGofe-L.jpg

The gang is all here.

285990173_BASoe-L.jpg

Pretty Bike!

285990900_cJVPh-L.jpg

Tracker and his son were part of the camping brigade for the weekend.

285991717_ogm7Q-L.jpg

Motorcycle art - Jerry Style.

285991597_aus7m-L.jpg

My beautiful wife - Love that smile!

Jamie had a few quotes in the article;

"It's just so much fun," Two-Wheeled Texan member Jamie James said. Mrs. James and her husband, Jerry, have been a part of the Two-Wheeled Texans for four years.

According to Mrs. James, brands and locations aren't important.

"There's no particular kind of bike here," she said. "Just people from all over who have almost nothing in common getting together and sharing that one thing (motorcycles) they do have in common and eating pie."

I think she covered it all. It is all about the hobby and the pie!

285992599_GMgpT-L.jpg

our pretty reporter asking questions. She was a very nice and seemed to enjoy the group.

285993134_uapxa-L.jpg

The line for pie was a long one.

285988985_onSsG-L.jpg

mmmmm pie!!

After the great pie we headed up north to do some camping in Mena. the weather was awesome. We had never rode up in that area of Texas and I have to say that it is very pretty. the trees were green and the sky blue. Life was good. We got up to the lodge around 4PM. We pitched our tents and relaxed some. Dave and Traci came up and had dinner with us.

285994842_H6jcW-L.jpg

The day was a good one.

285996305_unSL7-L.jpg

Rob enjoying the nice roads

285996948_XoLsK-L.jpg

Home sweet home.

We met up with two couples at the lodge. One was riding a new Concours and the other a BMW RT. They had their wives with them and we chatted a little while. I know they live in the metroplex, but I have forgotten their names. We would love to ride with them in the future. We are always looking to ride with other 2-up couples. So if they read this, please contact us at jerry(underscore)_james@verizon.net we would love to get together for a ride.

The view from the lodge was awesome.

285998148_RBxcz-L.jpg

285997888_JuQvt-L.jpg

The weather had reported that we would get wet that evening while camping. It never happened. In fact Jamie and I were up around 3AM, and it was beautiful outside. We even looked skyward and tried to figure out what those shiny things were in the sky hehehe. The next morning however was a different story. it was WINDY and cold. I am so glad we brought all of our gear. We had breakfast and then loaded up the camp. It was cold, but not unbearable.

285999254_HEH8t-L.jpg

Jamie all bundled up.

We decided not to do the ridge as the weather looked bad. We made it down to Big Cedar before we stopped and put on the rain gear. We got rained on for the rest of the ride back to Plano. It was not a bad rain, just a steady down pour. All in all it was a nice trip. We camped, ate pie and met some nice people. 590 miles for the weekend. Life is good!

285999988_Hktrg-L.jpg

The bike was a mess when we got home.

Great reports and pics! Glad to see everyone had a good time. I would have made it but had pressing business to attend on hundreds of miles away out in central Texas :trust: :flip:

My riding crew

prmarshall01vb6.jpg

Jack “JacknTexas”

prmarshalljackrv0.jpg

Mike “mikeofcontex

prmarshallmikevp9.jpg

Phil “pkiser”

prmarshallphilxx8.jpg

Dave from Huntsville (not sure his user name)

prmarshalldavelo6.jpg

The guys allowed me to lead the way into town to The Creamery since I had it in my GPS. Of course the local streets were tore up in some areas & very bumpy in others. Sorry guys :oops:

prmarshall02je4.jpg

The parking was a bit hap hazzard so we didn't park up front
prmarshall03wi9.jpg

Some ate outdoors while others choose to get out of the brisk weather

prmarshall04ku4.jpg

Stopping off for a break in Alto. Hey, where did Mike sneak off to :scratch:

prmarshall06rz4.jpg

Oh, here he is
prmarshall09gv4.jpg

We stopped in Trinity for dinner but Mike decided to head home since he had a further ride onto Conroe
prmarshall07rh1.jpg

Dave being goofy on the Trinity bridge

prmarshall08nr0.jpg

great!!!! PICS!!!! but I saw some of you for myself.. I was on errands to get gate hardware from Lowes in Marshall and we circled around looking for some people I knew but they weren't there YET and I didn't have time to wait as my workers where at home waiting for the supplies... I did see some good looking folks on some good looking bikes tho... I was the short fat granny on the white Burgman.. glad ya'll came I live up at Jefferson or Lake o Pines actually.. ya'll come back now ya hear!!

Back