• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run V - The Farm House Cafe - Huntsville

kurt

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Last Name
Brown
I left the house at about 7:00. Headed east on Hwy 29, took FM 1331, 908, 116, Hwy 20 and Hwy 30. Thanks to Gilk51 for bringing my light stand for me, and I really enjoyed talking Bandits with JR. I stopped for fuel and water and was approached by another R1200GS rider who chatted about GS's for a bit. Hopefully he'll make his way here soon. No mishaps, no close call, just a perfect day for riding 350 miles.

Last edited:
Had a blast! You couldn't ask for more perfect weather! :sun: We had a great ride up and back from Sugar Land. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new folks. I'll post my photos after they're downloaded - those of you who know me, DON'T START! :giveup:

Ana, thanks for the suggestion for the ride home. Much better than what we had originally planned, and it didn't add much time at all. :thumb: :rider:

my summary:

394 GPS miles (406 on the odometer)
3 (not 2) everywhere Texas locations
5 courthouses
delivered Kurt's garage sale purchase
held Daniel while Mom hid in the bathroom with Sarah
met a bunch of Houston area people
ate too much
got to see Bill and Jessica for the first time since I saw them in the hospital

great day! :thumb:

(details at 10!) :nana:

Last edited:
Good to see you had a good ride, wish I could have made it. I just went to Lone Star and spent $1,300 on new plastic for the Sprint, dropped the forks off to be reworked at ASC and stopped by and looked at a car.

The salesman at the car lot had his new Bandit 1250 ABS there, it sure is a nice looking bike. He came off a couple of BMW-GS models prior to getting another Bandit.

Weather looked gorgeous. Really sucks being stuck on the couch with a bad cold. :tears:

Great ride...great weather...met great people.

Attachments

• Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 007.jpg
    Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 007.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 184
  • Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 009.jpg
    Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 009.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 197
  • Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 016.jpg
    Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 016.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 021.jpg
    Huntsville Pie Run 19May07 021.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 187
Well, we certainly couldn't have asked for better weather than what we had today!!!
The food was great, and the chocolate mousse pie was as decadent as it was delicious :trust:
Got to meet new people and had a great time chatting with everyone.
I'm ready for the next run...Is it june yet?? :mrgreen:

hu-1.jpg

hu-2.jpg

hu-3.jpg

hu-4.jpg

hu-5.jpg

hu-6.jpg

hu-7.jpg

Bernado and I had a blast. Great ride up from Austin, picked up three Everywhere pics, saw a SUV crash into a barrier in Brenham, 404 miles on the ODO. Good time meeting new people and conversing with ones already met.

Can't wait for next month!

My first pie run was banana pudding cream, mmmmmm very good! I met alot of nice people, had a good meal and a great ride. I look forward to doing it again and again..

Pie-Run---Huntsville-TX-009.jpg
Pie-Run---Huntsville-TX-012.jpg
Pie-Run---Huntsville-TX-043.jpg
Pie-Run---Huntsville-TX-039.jpg

Looks like you all had a great time out there. Wish we could have made it into Huntsville sooner today. We rolled through around 5:30PM on our way back from our trip to Florida. Oh well there's always next month and I'll have one or two pretty cool story about our 1713 miles and 27 hours in the saddle this week.
FYI: One story involves a situation where we wound up like the guy on the yellow bike in invision's avatar.

Good times, hope every had a blast. See ya'll next time.

My day started with the roads wet and the forecast for DFW being "light rain" until 1 PM. :miffed: I didn't know about any rain in the forecast! Nothing was coming down, so I put the liner in the mesh jacket and contemplated using the rain gear. I decided to start the trip without.

I had about a half tank of gas, so, after buzzing by the Minyard to see if anyone was there (and looking to see if my winter gloves were still in the top case), I took off down US287, figuring to gas up in Corsicana.

I had taken my Wii's broken hand guards off yesterday but couldn't quite get the new ones to fit like I wanted them, so I left them off. It didn't take long to figure out how used to them I had gotten in 2.5 years. The air was cold and it didn't take long to feel a bit of a chill. I got a few drops around Waxahachie but I could see clearer sky to the south, so I just gritted my teeth and went on.

I stopped in Corsicana and got gas, got a photo of the old Post Office (cool!) for the everywhere Texas thread and the Navarro County courthouse (haven't processed those photos yet).
corsicana_2786q.jpg

I put the rain jacket on and figured the time to be about right to just hightail it down I45 to Huntsville. I stopped at a rest stop and put away the rain jacket. The temperature was more better now.

The GPS routed me on SH30 through Huntsville & right by the Walker County courthouse! Cool, except for all the assigned parking places. OK, found a spot for a picture. Now the GPS lead me down to 13th street where the Farmhouse icon was. Oops - no Farmhouse but I remembered that the address was on 14th, so I toodled south and spotted a line of motorcycles. I buzzed the line to make sure that Kurt (txmedic) was there so I could unload my cargo (garage sale item).

bikes_2799q.jpg

Quite a few bikes with more rolling in. I also spotted some familiar faces:
friday_family_2801q.jpg

that's Beth (Blue Bomber), Sarah, and Daniel (dad Tourmeister is in Arizona)

But, I have to admit, these two were the ones I really wanted to see: Bill (pub610) and Jessica (ninjette)
bill_jessica_2802q.jpg

It was really great to see them out riding after their horrible truck accident in November. Plus, Jessica was back into it with a vengence and a new bike - a Kawasaki Z750S to replace her EX-250 :thumb:
jessica_z750s_2800q.jpg

She just got it last week but Bill had gotten a new bike, too. He has had his FJR a couple of months.
bill_fjr_2819q.jpg

Of course we were all here for food (and pie) and some of us didn't eat much breakfast so we could be well prepared
farmhouse_2822q.jpg

(this place is kinda hidden along with a strip shopping center)

I got to hold Daniel Friday while mom Beth took Sarah to the potty. I think she knew Daniel was full and the overflow valve was open.
daniel_chuck_2803q.jpg

No matter - I got him cleaned up and then we stood and looked at all the folks gathered at the three tables until Mom returned.

Some table pictures (no apologies for the facial expressions)
table_2804q.jpg

table_2805q.jpg

table_2806q.jpg

table_2807q.jpg

The next 2 photos are of the overflow table where they put all the misfits and malcontents. :shock: Well, actually, it was the ones that stayed in the parking lot a bit too long. Looks like a total of 40 or more! :thumb:
table_2808q.jpg

table_2809q.jpg

table_2810q.jpg

table_2811q.jpg

table_2813q.jpg

table_2814q.jpg

table_2815q.jpg

Daniel had his own table
daniel_2812q.jpg

Got to meet a bunch of folks from the Houston area. This included a BMW riding family of Bryan (sparkyphotog), Mollie (BMWbabe), and their kiddos, Aaron and Sarah. Here are Mollie and Sarah ready to follow Beth to the Friday mansion to look at T-shirts
mollie_sarah_2816q.jpg

Rats, they were just NOT having any fun... :shock:
mollie_sarah_2817q.jpg

Got to meet and talk with Ana (anaconda)
ana_2820q.jpg

As a side note, on Friday and Saturday, I got to see all three of the hens that went on the recent Hen House ride... :mrgreen:

Ana in action:
ana_2823q.jpg

Also got to meet and sit next to Dennis (humblerider)
dennis_2821q.jpg

Both Ana and Dennis are V-Strom riders! :clap:

They only had one small piece of apple pie and ice cream and Dennis and I were trying to figure out a way to race for it... But I decided that I was full enough from the Chicken Fried Steak that I opted just to have some ice cream (Elzi will be so proud). All of the pies looked good though...

I got one final shot of an FJR rider leaving but who it is escapes me...
rider_2824q.jpg

I decided to take SH75 north and pick up some more courthouse pictures (3) on the way home. I also vectored over to Red Oak via some fun FN roads (FM 813 west of Palmer and FM1387 east of Midlothian). I actually like riding by myself so that I don't irritate any riding partners with all my stops.

All in all, a very pleasant day. I was worn out but had a great time!

Bigger versions (4X) of these pictures are available by clicking on them...

Last edited:
I didn't take any pictures but I had a good time. I am glad I decided to shoot on over for the event. ;-)

It was nice to meet some of the Houston people - I just wish there had been more time to talk and put faces with names and handles.

We did 382 miles by the odo and about 4 less by the GPS. The weather was great and we discovered some really excellent roads. The only downside of the trip was getting stuck behind a group of HD's saving lives on the way home. I'm really NOT a Harley basher, but can those things corner? It seemed liked they slowed to walking speed for every little bend in the road - and the bends were too close together to pass the herd.

All in all, it was a great ride. I'm ready for June...

"I got one final shot of an FJR rider leaving but who it is escapes me..."
That was me, a new guy. I really enjoyed meeting many of you. It will take a couple of more runs to start meeting the rest of you and getting some of the names down.
Ana, I wanted to thank you for guiding me up there and back. Excellent route & pace both directions. If any of you ever need a precision pack leader with a GPS & knowlege of the roads off the beaten path, call Ana.

That was me, a new guy. I really enjoyed meeting many of you. It will take a couple of more runs to start meeting the rest of you and getting some of the names down.

Ah, the other Dennis.

I am terrible with names so I try to write stuff down and take pictures. I still get them messed up and just draw blanks on folks I *should* know (sorry Lee :oops: ). After 8 or 10 more of these, I might remember more... :roll:

I'm really NOT a Harley basher, but can those things corner?

Actually, they can - I saw a lady in her mid-50s just tearing it up on one on 335 a few weeks ago. Trouble is that a lot of folks who ride them only ride one or two thousand miles a year, so their skills aren't very sharp.

one or two thousand a year??? thats like...the past two months for me! [and i dont even ride THAT much!]

man i wish i could've been there though. oh well, put about 200 on the littlest ninja today. guess that makes up for it...a little

OK, got my pics up.

Here is the riding portion...

154664956-M.jpg

154665441-M.jpg

...and the arrival portion...

154668620-M.jpg

154677063-M.jpg

154677467-M.jpg

154677783-M.jpg

...and the EATING portion... :eat:

154677955-M.jpg

154678118-M.jpg

On the way home at a gas stop, we ran into some old-school touring folks...

154667815-M.jpg

...who come prepared for making too many stops at Taco Bell (his words, not mine) :rofl:

154668136-M.jpg

one or two thousand a year??? thats like...the past two months for me! [and i dont even ride THAT much!]

man i wish i could've been there though. oh well, put about 200 on the littlest ninja today. guess that makes up for it...a little

I started riding in late September, and I'm about to turn over 7K on my bike (probably do that over Memorial Day) - did about 450 just this weekend. At least if they are riding slow, they are trying to be safe, and you have to give them credit for that. I would rather see that than have to see them getting carted away in an ambulance.

Back