• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI: Crow's country cafe, Anna 6/29/19

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
June pie run for 2019
crows%20country_zpsf2bqctv4.jpg

Where?
Crow's country cafe
113 west 4th st
Anna, TX, 75409

Map:
Map to crow's country

When:
June 29th @ 11:00am

web site:
http://crowscafe.net/

please let me know if you are coming, it is nice to warn them ahead of time.

I'm in. Plotting bicycle routes so that I can avoid Central Expressway. Maybe Plano road and N Greenville Ave.

For the first time in 2+ years I actually have Saturday free and plan to do this one too.

Haven't been to one of these in a while, looks as if the stars are aligning so I can make this one?

I'm doubtful to make it. Have an unfinished project that the boss tells me MUST be completed today.

Leon picked another good spot for the pie run. I thought there were 5 or so coming based on the sign ups and some of them cancelled. Looks like 25 or more attended. We took the long road home to Greenville and through Royce City into Rowlett on 66. An hour after we were home, a huge thundershower made its way along the same track. Always an interesting collection of bikes and riders.

a little while after I got home I looked up at the display for my weather station and saw this.
BCFBADA7-7CF7-47E4-B462-BBB1A4761ED6_zpsytepbl5m.jpg

not long after that I noticed it was getting dark out.

53F2E28A-CFE4-438F-BBA0-EFCF12A74E0B_zpsk8gr2ig4.jpg

it got real ugly looking and green, the winds blew all kinds of directions and I got a whopping .03 inches of rain but it dropped the temp down to 69.

Wasn’t sure I could make it and it turns out that I didn’t. For some reason I thought it was on Sunday LOL. Oh well, I tried. Food is good though!

Last edited:
I enjoyed the meet up. Was surprised when we pulled in at 10:30 and over a dozen bikes were already there. Nice talking with all the riders there.

Robin and I took a circuitous route home heading north then west and finally back southeast. As we neared Blue Ridge we started seeing dark clouds and lightening to the east. Decided to lop off our planned loop over to Celeste and headed straight south to Rockwall where we slit up to head home. I made it about halfway to Terrell before hitting rain. Tucked in behind the windshield and rode threw it to the house. Robin made it to her house before the rain hit there.

All and all a fun day.

Back