• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI: Need some pie in Needville 6/30

Made it to The Jay Cafe witou getting wet. Got a couple light drops just after leaving the Buc ees, but nothing after. In fact, with it being overcast, it was perfect riding!

Made it to The Jay Cafe witou getting wet. Got a couple light drops just after leaving the Buc ees, but nothing after. In fact, with it being overcast, it was perfect riding!

Of course; if I had been with you, it would have been a mild hurricane all the way there.

18eef3d5.jpg

Almost got wet!

From mobile

Pretty neat place to eat! Had a great time and the pie was real good!!!

Only got sprinkled on during the ride back. The bike was far wetter than we were.

Hmmm' I see a revision coming on this ride report :trust: :lol2: The Jay Cafe and the company was great. :eat:

Of course; if I had been with you, it would have been a mild hurricane all the way there.

Nah, the mild hurricane didn't occur until the ride home! Mesh gear and rain don't go well together, and I was soaked to the bone. Wasn't cold though, and actually felt ok.

Hmmm' I see a revision coming on this ride report :trust: :lol2: The Jay Cafe and the company was great. :eat:

LOL, see above.

Great time though, and would like to say thanks for putting this together. Big thanks too to the staff of the Jay Cafe; they were excellent, and the food was good.

I wouldn't have mind getting wet on the way home. Just didn't want to be sitting in AC while soaked. Hate it when I drip on my food. Good to hear it was a great time.

Well, we showed up late and it was a really nice ride there. The temps were great. Just as we began to eat the rain started. We hung out for an hour after most had left hoping the rain would stop. It didn't! We rode all the way home in the rain until Manor, then the sun came out and almost dry up all the rain. 140 miles of rain! Thanks to Nativ_txn for having Frogg Toggs! White mesh and tank tops don't keep you warm in the rain at 60mph! I'm a prune!!

Wet...who's wet?

Tried to escape the rain for camping, managed to get more.;-)

Good company and good pie. (the burger was mostly average.) Good ride, too. Started in the dark this a.m., clouds and.sprinkles kept temps moderate most of the way home. LEO ahead of me helped me decide to skip Racer Road -- saving it for next time. 540 miles of motorcycle time..:)

Good to meet you Bill. Glad you made it back OK.

I think we might need to check The Jay out for a breakfast run.

Good to meet you Bill. Glad you made it back OK.

I think we might need to check The Jay out for a breakfast run.

Thanks, Dennis. I enjoyed visiting with you Houston guys.

Well i was an hour late but i was going to get pie come **** or high water. I guess I got the water.

Had a slice of apple at the bar and threw my gear on hoping I could out run the rain. Made it all the way to brenhem where I meet a group of riders from the pie run at walmart getting supplies for camping. Was having issues seeing out of my shoei visor when it gets wet. I tried the wax trick but it didn't work that well. Perhaps the wax needs to dry???

Rode back 290 raining most of the way but maintained 80 all the way. Mostly dry because I brought my liners but I really need to spring for waterproof gloves, and I need to remember to close the vents on my boots. *******.

Bike was awesome and did well, as a reward I'm slapping on a new chain tonight!

Sorry I couldn't make it, but Dad duty called and I went on a five mile hike with Scouts. By the time we were finished, I was too beat to drive or ride to Needville (which is basically in my back yard). :-(

Great ride out, met up with 4 others in Alvin and high tailed it out to beat the rain, ran 1462 to 521, did Sandy Creek Road, jumped back on 1462 to Cow Creek Road, rode it to East Columbia and on to West Columbia picked up 36 to The Jay! Ate my "pre-race" meal(doing a Sprint Triathlon in the morning) , Chicken Fried Chicken, mashed taters, fried okra and ..............drum roll please............. Coconut Cream Pie!!!!!
Payed our bills and two of the "wolf pack" took off towards Richmond, the other three of us took off towards Damon and right into the rain!!!!! At the light to turn on 1462, BlazerRalphs 1991 R100RT stopped????? Just quite running, it was at the most opportune time, he maintained enough momentum to roll into the parking lot and under the pump awning. We fiddled with it for 10 or 15 minutes and then remembered that one of our buddies had caged it to the Jay, gave him a call, he showed up within about 15 minutes. I left to come on home, they were going to go to Ralphs house and get his trailer and retrieve the BMW.
My ride home was WET and the wind blew so hard between 288 and Alvin that I thought it was going to blow me off the road!!!!! Well mark up another Pie Run!!!! Can't wait til the next one!:bigokay:

Sorry I was a no-show for this one. Other things came up (like work) plus was still sore from riding back from Alabama earlier in the week. Call the waaaambulance!

I have Aug 25 off so may be able to go to that PR, gotta see where it is...

Rain? Is this some conspiracy by the folks who showed up to mess with our heads? Rain? really?

Glad you all had a good time, I ended up spending my morning/afternoon in the doctors office waiting room with a sick kiddo. We'd all have rather had pie. :mrgreen:

If Dennis (ceddec) and I are on the same run, then it's gonna rain... Always has, always will. :rofl:

well we managed to have five dry and nice runs in before the weather turned on us! one of these years we will get all 12 in without getting wet.

smallest turn out so far this year but with how nasty the clouds were building up I am surprised anyone was willing to take the risk.

the Jay café was nice with friendly help and the scratch made mac and cheese was only topped by the best peanut butter pie I have ever had.:eat:

mmmmm Oreo crust!
64ab636b.jpg

the apple looked and smelled real good also.
910bcaa7.jpg

poor out of focus pic:doh:
baef0401.jpg

this run had me torn, just back last week from bonus pie run to Pie Town, NM and Colorado Springs (got out of there at right time) wasn't really feeling like riding down close to 300 miles in the 90's to where I know the humidity rarely gets below 70% so it was blow it off or I could take the car.

sure was glad I took the car!!!

I like the Jay café!
but it sure looked wet out there!
4d958cf0.jpg

on the drive back we ran into a storm of biblical strength through Hearne, that even with the wipers on warp speed I was having trouble seeing past the hood. I was really glad I hadn't manned up and rode the bike!!

I rode down from Austin and didn't see any rain. I arrived around 10:40am and had a good 1/2 jalapeño burger and a great piece of coconut cream pie. I left at 12 noon with the hopes of beating the rain, but I rode in the rain from Beasley to Eagle Lake and then dried out the rest of the way to Austin. 402 miles round trip for good food, great pie and conversation, and found a few new roads on the way down. Thanks for organizing the ride. Randy

If Dennis (ceddec) and I are on the same run, then it's gonna rain... Always has, always will. :rofl:

Just think how popular we would have been last summer if could have ridden around the state together. Shame we both let work get in the way.

I'll feed you 3 squares a day for a week if you'll come to Austin.

I think you have both of them in the same place together to make it work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back