• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI: Need some pie in Needville 6/30

My plan was to overnight down near the coast after visiting Martin Dies Jr and Sea Rim state parks then hug the coast and turn up at Freeport and have some pie. I didn't pay to much attention this sign in Martin Dies SP...
dies_sp.jpg

...until I saw this going on with my rear tire.
IMG_2385.jpg

Limped 65 miles south to Beaumont and lucked out with getting two new tires from Cowboy Honda so was able to continue the next morning and had a ride on the Galveston-Port Bolivar ferry. The heat of the previous day now tempered by cool drizzle.
ferry_ride.jpg

Swung by the Brazos Bend SP on the way up from Freeport. Two out of three (had to skip Sea Rim) planned SPs anyway. This one too had an alligator theme.
IMG_2406.jpg

The gathering storms can be seen looming over the cafe. Had some tasty tortilla soup followed by delicious peach cobbler. Left just before noon and luckly ran into another NT owner (whose name if forget, CL?) who suggested a reroute that worked nicely. I successfully dodged showers all the way back to Austin by mostly staying on IH10 from Sealy to Flatonia. The new Battleaxes sure worked great! All-in-all a fun adventure.
needville_pie_run.jpg

Was having issues seeing out of my shoei visor when it gets wet. I tried the wax trick but it didn't work that well. Perhaps the wax needs to dry???

I clean my face shield with Pledge furniture polish. Just keep polishing it until it is clear. It works pretty well at keeping the shield clear on the outside when it rains.

Dirtrideroader said:
I clean my face shield with Pledge furniture polish. Just keep polishing it until it is clear. It works pretty well at keeping the shield clear on the outside when it rains.

...and it cuts through the bugs very well. No need to clean your shield before using it.

Back