• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI or PCV1 for June Sam's restaurant, Fairfield 6/27/20

I'm a possible.

BTW, I'm sitting in the new Pie In The Sky Co. in south College Station. It's good. Just sayin'.......

Address?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
4344 Texas 6 Frontage Rd, College Station, TX 77845

Right on hwy 6 on the south side of CStat. Short ride to 3090. This could be a short side trip off the hamburger loop.

This still happening? We are having record numbers of the bat-flu here.

I need to do some stuff to the bike if I'm going, but I'm not real motivated to go work in the heat.....

Guess I'm out. It's a 100 miles each way for me. for some reason I thought it was in College Station. Senior moment (old timers)

screw it, it is on. 2105 people in Texas have died from the beer virus, 22,700 have died from Diabetes in Texas, the #7 cause of death. you have a better chance of dying from your girl friend getting pregnant and your wife and the girl friends husband finding out.

Sam's is open for business but is at 50% capacity, good news is the buffet is back going in some form.

you have a better chance of dying from your girl friend getting pregnant and your wife and the girl friends husband finding out.

Lol. Something you want to share Leon?

My bike isn't charging. I'm guessing my magnets have all fallen out of place (05 Vstrom) and need to be glued back together. If I can get it back together before next weekend I'll do my best to be there.

Two Saturdays ago we ate at Dairy Queen across from Sams. The parking lot of Sams was about half full but it was after the lunch time rush.
I am going to to try and make this.

Welp.

My daily driver just blew up and I spent the better part of father's day fixing the bike so I would have something to get back and forth on. So I'm guessing I'll be there.

My daily is/was a 1st gen Honda Insight. It got better mpg than my V strom does. 243k miles at a 48.4 lifetime MPG average. I was scooting along hwy 6 coming back from work when the AC started to get warmer and warmer. Looked down and the temp guage was pegged. Slowed it down and tried to nurse it to the next exit but it didn't last that long. Crossed the grass median and got on the access road and I heard a very loud pop and it spewed steam everywhere. Went home, ate lunch and went back in a couple hours. Won't start and sounds funny when cranking. It has never failed to start in the 3 years I've had it.

Still not sure what happened but I'm guessing the head is warped or it blew a head gasket. No idea yet why it started overheating. Didn't give me any warning. The whole thing start to finish was less than 2 minutes.

Welp.

My daily driver just blew up and I spent the better part of father's day fixing the bike so I would have something to get back and forth on. So I'm guessing I'll be there.

My daily is/was a 1st gen Honda Insight. It got better mpg than my V strom does. 243k miles at a 48.4 lifetime MPG average. I was scooting along hwy 6 coming back from work when the AC started to get warmer and warmer. Looked down and the temp guage was pegged. Slowed it down and tried to nurse it to the next exit but it didn't last that long. Crossed the grass median and got on the access road and I heard a very loud pop and it spewed steam everywhere. Went home, ate lunch and went back in a couple hours. Won't start and sounds funny when cranking. It has never failed to start in the 3 years I've had it.

Still not sure what happened but I'm guessing the head is warped or it blew a head gasket. No idea yet why it started overheating. Didn't give me any warning. The whole thing start to finish was less than 2 minutes.

time for that LS 6.0 swap!!

Welp.

Very similar to an old Civic. Got so hot the cylinder walls rippled.....

Very similar to an old Civic. Got so hot the cylinder walls rippled.....
I wouldn't doubt it. It was quite a loud pop.

time for that LS 6.0 swap!!
I have been considering a K20 swap for quite a while. Maybe now is the time? The car is so light that folks that put in K24's just end up with endless wheelspin. Less bottom end torque from the K20 works much better in this featherweight.

I'll say "Probably" and Hopefully.

Thinking I'll do 78 to 205 to 34 to 45, less highway. Not sure if anyone else is going to go from the McKinney/Allen area.

Last edited:
The way things are spiraling out of control this could be last pie run for a very long time if ever.
Life as we knew it is over, where’s my gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm plus 3... Skip Honeycutt, jgrm1, Clark langley

I'm out.

I got volunteered by my wife to attend a function.........

I'm not real happy about it.

I'm a possibility.

I'll know tomorrow night for sure.

Back