• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run VI or PCV1 for June Sam's restaurant, Fairfield 6/27/20

Yep things start shutting down Monday next pie run could be Hico if we’re very lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gov Abbott just rolled back Restaurants to 50% occupancy this afternoon and effective tomorrow, so someone may want to call and make sure they can accommodate us..

I spaced on dates anyway and work tomorrow. Maybe try a meet in McKinney downtown on Sunday?

Gov Abbott just rolled back Restaurants to 50% occupancy this afternoon and effective tomorrow, so someone may want to call and make sure they can accommodate us..
I think the 50% is effective Monday.

pub is correct.

Restaurants may remain open for dine-in service, but at a capacity not to exceed 50% of total listed indoor occupancy, beginning Monday, June 29, 2020.
Link

I've been dreaming of pie all week but considering I sleep poorly during the week, waking before 10a on Saturday is rare. I'm a maybe.

KP and I are still on. <mm-Mfh-m-omm?> Or should I take the mask off?
Whether we see you up close or from a distance, weelll, we'll just see...:uhoh:

Found out I left something turned on. Battery dead. Seeing what the charger will do.

If it starts, I'm there.

they already are at 50%
remember to bring your mask!
Mask.jpg

Check!

Back home, after one dead in to a closed bridge 215 miles on 4.0 gallons gas.
Cozy small turn out.

Nice ride today. I found some dirt on the way there and on the way back. A long stretch called Post Oak Rd to the East of Hearne that runs almost to Franklin on the way up. Plus, on the return, Old Spanish Road (OSR, El Camino Real) is under construction and has miles and miles of dirt where pavement has been removed. That along with some meandering pavement, at best guess, brought the road buffet to just shy of 400 miles and it was delicious.

So was the food at Sam's, however, I was unprepared for dealing with the concept of all-you-can-eat pie. Especially, really good pie. I had a slice of the chocolate pecan cream pie and a slice of buttermilk, then got out of there before the food coma set in.

Thanks Leon for taking the blame, er, I mean for calling the ride.

Thank fully I didn’t embark on the unlimited pie.

Played around on county roads all the way to Huntsville and just let the compass guide me.

Good meeting some new faces and seeing all the tigers.
8aadd725b39d173d800b5dde783fb9f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

350 miles for me today. Up on west side of 45 to Groesbeck for this guys photo.
b94c02825d65a7c70166821d2f8981dd.jpg
c104860c54e9f7364c74648024fe4d72.jpg

I counted 23 bikes in the lot. I think a couple of folks may have left early.
f21a90b295ef613f918273526cbd5559.jpg

The buffet is still functional but they have gloved and masked folks doing the serving. No self service.
The apple pie was wonderful.
6f1e8439c997d7ab46e83f4e47d0b123.jpg

Thanks Leon for setting this up. Hope we can get together before Hico.

Two TWT eating events in a week , that’s record for me . After lunch I rode by the shutdown Jewitt lignite strip mine then by still operating Limestone power plant . Spent a lot of time inside the plant but it feels better being outside looking in now. 341 miles for me now a nap.

31426dd4ce31b9511408a67c17693e22.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went home that way as well, saw a coal mine, then, spotted a sign to Canary a little further down the road.

Left me wondering if Canary might be in the coal mine ... :ponder:

BTW- Thanks for inviting me back Leon, enjoyed the ride,been waaaay too long.
Definitely getting the KLR back on the road asap.

I'm a possible.

BTW, I'm sitting in the new Pie In The Sky Co. in south College Station. It's good. Just sayin'.......
LONG Time no See, How you Doing>?

LONG Time no See, How you Doing>?

Dude! It HAS been a minute!

I'm pretty good. Working at a Church now (as the audio guy) and just surviving basically. I have one kid in college and another will start a year from now. Just trying to keep my head down and get a ride in every once in a while...

How about you? Still riding those rocket ship busa's?

Two TWT eating events in a week , that’s record for me . After lunch I rode by the shutdown Jewitt lignite strip mine then by still operating Limestone power plant . Spent a lot of time inside the plant but it feels better being outside looking in now. 341 miles for me now a nap.

View attachment 267364

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Before transferring to Comanche Peak, I spent a LOT of quality time at Big Brown, MOSES, Martin Lake and Sandow plants and mines.
Worked with instructors at the old Athens Training center.

Dude! It HAS been a minute!

I'm pretty good. Working at a Church now (as the audio guy) and just surviving basically. I have one kid in college and another will start a year from now. Just trying to keep my head down and get a ride in every once in a while...

How about you? Still riding those rocket ship busa's?

Awesome on the Church Audio Tech gig, and the college student!
Been working sooo much at my last job, I never had time for riding..
So after 7 years of Hospitals, I left and came back to my old Company.
I am feeling better and enjoy time off to fish and now ride again.
The Turbusa sets under a pile of junk in the garage, chain failure at speed and only under 12#'s of boost (thank Goodness) ate the billet case saver water pump and ripped off the mounts..
I parked it and got busy working at my new job and let it set.
I got motivated this year and started working on all the projects and bought a new set of cases, hoping to get it back on the road b4 the end of the yr, but who knows with this covid mess...
Pc man hope to catch you again soon.
Maybe a OST trip this fall

Last edited:
TWT Sponsored Events

I assumed that meant all expenses paid but I guess we have to submit an expense report after the ride? I'm fine with that :bigokay:

Good to see you again MotoTex and good to meet you Cello, enjoyed the convo. Here is the forum I couldn't remember where I go (went?) by RU serious. Trust me, the hard core guys have no room in their wee brains for anything other than OC so don't waste your time.

Who is the other guy with a K1300GT? Since I'm fresh back into riding, I wanted to pick your brain a bit about some things on my bike that seem disturbing but may well be normal. You were gearing up when I came out of Sam's so I didn't bother you.

The meal was less than memorable but . . the buttermilk pie . . . ??

c3b565f61b6acc1eeba8ee48dbb69c1c01b3140588360fbd9e.jpg

Who is the other guy with a K1300GT? Since I'm fresh back into riding, I wanted to pick your brain a bit about some things on my bike that seem disturbing but may well be normal.

It's a BMW it is over engineered, assemble from sub standard parts and pathetic customer support and dealer network. its normal. (can you tell I am not a happy BMW owner??)

Oh crap, what have I done this time? :thumbd:
you didn't buy a Honda!! if you are willing to do the work your self and don't mind long walks in riding boots you should be fine. I don't know about the dealers around there, the ones around here suck and it takes for ever to get parts, could be they are over whelmed with so many recalls on so many bikes all at same time.

It was good to see everyone, for sure! Also the first time I was able to ride in weeks, which boggles the mind when it’s my only transportation.

The ride was much better on the way back when I got off the interstate, and I met a pretty interesting (but slightly too tall to talk with) fellow!

Attachments

• 443DFFE7-3051-40B6-BF04-171E1F4AD600.jpeg
    443DFFE7-3051-40B6-BF04-171E1F4AD600.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 8A663C2A-6AEB-4E03-A28A-667BB910E221.jpeg
    8A663C2A-6AEB-4E03-A28A-667BB910E221.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 0C007EF7-83D9-45B7-A4DD-11A3A2714827.jpeg
    0C007EF7-83D9-45B7-A4DD-11A3A2714827.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 242
  • B9713375-C473-456F-9DC8-A7684F2C0928.jpeg
    B9713375-C473-456F-9DC8-A7684F2C0928.jpeg