• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter
Where:
Ranchman's Cafe
110 W Bailey
Ponder, Texas 76259

Website with map

When:
11:00 in Ponder, TX
28 October 2006

Why: To help raise money for our fearless leader and family to offset the costs of their recent accident. This will be on a donation basis only. No cost to attend.

Donation Coordinator: Gilk51

Who:
Definite:

vfer
donroger1
SeanFromTX
pacman1 + 5
MusicMan754
Kidder
hank327
Doons
pdef
Gilk51
dfwscotty
PolarisTxGuy
FirstMan
tx-vfr
gocatgo
FWRex
TexasShadow
busarider1
mnapuran
Hop + 1?
lobo10s + 1
nogutsnoglory
l8rg8r
Graubart

Maybe:
STCPO
aggie81
krushchev
Big Bandit
Tracker
FJR Bandit
wildebube

Last edited:

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Re: Pie Run X: Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

Well, Google Maps says it's 6 hours and change. As much as I enjoy a long distance ride to Nowhere, TX for a slice of pie, I don't think it's worth the pre-dawn KSU and tire tread to go all the way out there and back.

Sorry guys n gals, I'll be taking a pass on this one.

Alas, that weekend is the opening for Quail season. Going to be down South of San Antonio.

However, I know from past experience the cook down there makes wonderful pies...

Have fun everyone. CAtch you next month!

V

I could probably make that one.It's about 5 miles north of me.

Anyone going from the Austin or San Antonio area? I was thinking about riding up Sat morning, riding around the area in the afternoon and camping nearby, then riding home Sunday morning. I might even consider leaving after work Friday and camping halfway there Friday night so we don't have to leave so early on Sat morning. Does this basic idea sound interesting to anyone from my area?

Rod

:( my beast is still in the shop... I have to settle for Flying Saucer Pie Company

I'll make this one if I have to walk. (not far)
Put me down as a definite. :sun:

Last edited:

My back tire - new just over a month ago - is so squared off, and I've got so much backed up maintenance tasks I doubt seriously I'll have the bike back together by then, and if I do, I better just go around the block at high speed, both directions, for a day. Sorry - looks like time for a consolation run again.

I was planning on riding my old H2 to this one, as it is only about 25 miles from my house.

Unfortunatley for me, I will be attending the Fall Color Tour in Clarksville, Arkansas on my KLR.

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter
Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

Updated the original post to reflect a change in the format of this Pie Run. There will be 3 other Pie Runs simultaneously on the same day elsewhere in the state. I will be posting a thread explaining this shortly.

wczimmerman said:
Updated the original post to reflect a change in the format of this Pie Run. There will be 3 other Pie Runs simultaneously on the same day elsewhere in the state. I will be posting a thread explaining this shortly.
WC, which one are you going to attend? Or will you designate one to each zimmerman family member & send them off? ;-)

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter

Gilk51 said:
WC, which one are you going to attend? Or will you designate one to each zimmerman family member & send them off? ;-)
:rofl: Yeah, currently Savannah (age:5) and Cassie (age:7) are arm wrestling for the 919. No word yet on who might take the SV1K.

wczimmerman said:
:rofl: Yeah, currently Savannah (age:5) and Cassie (age:7) are arm wrestling for the 919. No word yet on who might take the SV1K.
:angryfire In your normal, evasive manner, you STILL didn't say which one ya'll will attend! :-P

Well, in light of this now becoming a benefit pie run, change me from a maybe to a DEFINITE.
Make that the same for me. WC, if you aren't coming to this one, I'll handle the donation stuff (gotta Jones-up with dutchinterceptor :mrgreen: )

Now, who is in charge of the weather? :sun:

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter

Gilk51 said:
:angryfire In your normal, evasive manner, you STILL didn't say which one ya'll will attend! :-P

Make that the same for me. WC, if you aren't coming to this one, I'll handle the donation stuff (gotta Jones-up with dutchinterceptor :mrgreen: )

Now, who is in charge of the weather? :sun:

I'm on-call that weekend and I just found out yesterday that my backup will be out of town, too. I may be stuck at home. :giveup:

wczimmerman said:
I'm on-call that weekend and I just found out yesterday that my backup will be out of town, too. I may be stuck at home. :giveup:
Send Jen - she needs to get out more (and is better looking)... ;-)

dfwscotty said:
Just down 156 from me....sign me up for Ponder.

:eat:
Sorry there, new guy, but your Pie assignment is Huntsville... :eek2:

No, no, just kidding, but we check all the bikes and make sure that they are at least warm... ;-)

:welcome: by-the-way (BTW) :mrgreen:

Ponder vs Edom. Pine trees or cactus. Twists vs Prairie. Wind vs Trees.

Bottom line show up somewhere and enjoy!! Better rumps on the East Texas women tells me all I need to know about the PIE!!:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :eat:

Put me down as a maybe. The date conflicts with a commitment to be with the band at UIL area marching contest. But..., the contest is in Denton :-P . They haven't released the schedule yet, but if I can fit it in between prelims and finals, I'll plan on being in Ponder for lunch.

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Glad to hear that Kelly. I've been wondering if we'd ever cross paths.

How's the recovery going? Don't s'pose you'll be arriving on something shiny, new and two-wheeled?:rider:

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Hmmm, pie run on Saturday and a MotoGP party on Sunday. Looks like I have some brownie points to earn....:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.