• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
tx-vfr said:
does it help that I know I'm clueless??
The first step taken have you, youngling.;-)

Hehe, don't listen to me. I'm barely dry behind the ears myself. Heck, at 33, I still get carded most of the time. Only difference now is that I'm starting to like it.:lol2:
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
So how 'bout getting a Burleson/Cleburne/Johnson Co. contingent together for the ride to ponder? Since the roads are going to be boring, I would appreciate some nice bike to look at while we ride. We can make our own scenery.:lol2:
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
I'm game. I was going to sit down with a map and come up with a route to avoid the metroplex but thats likely to take quite awhile and I don't know if I want to get up early enough to make that long of a run :yawn:
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
pacman1 said:
The first step taken have you, youngling.;-)

Hehe, don't listen to me. I'm barely dry behind the ears myself. Heck, at 33, I still get carded most of the time. Only difference now is that I'm starting to like it.:lol2:
ah, but you have the personal experience with the dark side (females :duck: ) and are still here to tell about it. sounds like your doing ok to me!

its kinda funny to see when I do or don't get carded.
Local gun shop: never.
Walmart: depends. if its an older guy at the sporting goods counter, nope. young guy: always. female (of any age) nope. now at the checkout counter, its hit and miss and doesn't have any pattern.

oddly enough, I got carded for some powder solvent, but not for a can of draino :giveup:
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
5,846
Location
Exit. Stage West.
I'm pondering where Ponder is, but I think it was one of the places I passed in between the rain ponds on the way back from Lake Texoma the other weekend.

Okay, so this gives me a justifiable reason to postpone Ride/Camp Trip No. 2.

Count me in. Are we going up there in tour d'force?
I can meet y'all (or somey'all) somewhere near 820 and I-35.
Hmmm........ a Starbucks?
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
5,846
Location
Exit. Stage West.
pacman1 said:
So how 'bout getting a Burleson/Cleburne/Johnson Co. contingent together for the ride to ponder? Since the roads are going to be boring, I would appreciate some nice bike to look at while we ride. We can make our own scenery.:lol2:
I'll ride behind all of you and let you know how your butts look :lol2:
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
Let's see, I guess the JC folks could meet at Starbucks Burleson, the hop on 1187 up to I20, then to Starbucks I20/820 to meet some Ft Worth folks, then slab it on 820 over to 156, then run that on up to Ponder. Not a very exciting route, but what did you expect?

Any takers?
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
TexasShadow, give us some more detail about where that Starbucks is. And please, DON'T give us any details about how our butts look. :lol2: TMI! TMI! Keep your fantasies to yourself.:trust:
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
pacman1 said:
Let's see, I guess the JC folks could meet at Starbucks Burleson, the hop on 1187 up to I20, then to Starbucks I20/820 to meet some Ft Worth folks, then slab it on 820 over to 156, then run that on up to Ponder. Not a very exciting route, but what did you expect?

Any takers?
I'm game - what time and where the heck is the Starbucks in Burleson? :mrgreen:
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
5,846
Location
Exit. Stage West.
pacman1 said:
TexasShadow, give us some more detail about where that Starbucks is. And please, DON'T give us any details about how our butts look. :lol2: TMI! TMI! Keep your fantasies to yourself.:trust:
I'll have to find exactly where it is, but it's north of 820/I-35. I passed one last weekend.

I won't give you the details how your butts look but will provide them to everyone else :trust:
 
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
4,131
Location
Denton, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Davis
TexasShadow said:
I'll have to find exactly where it is, but it's north of 820/I-35. I passed one last weekend.
Starbuck's is on the Southwest corner of I-35W and Western Center Blvd.
It is the first exit north of Loop 820.
If you leave the Starbuck's and head West, it will take you directly to Hwy 156.
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
Gilk51 said:
I'm game - what time and where the heck is the Starbucks in Burleson? :mrgreen:
its on 174 right across from Rosa's and right next to that super Exxon.

I'm game for the starbucks hoping, course we'll all be running around like the squirrel on Hoodwinked by the time we get there :lol2:
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
What time should we meet in Burleson?
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
I35 and Western Center. I was thinking it was on west loop closer Benbrook. That being the case, perhaps we should just scoot up I35? What do you guys think? I'm fine with taking the scenic route if the group is game.
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
pacman1 said:
I35 and Western Center. I was thinking it was on west loop closer Benbrook. That being the case, perhaps we should just scoot up I35? What do you guys think? I'm fine with taking the scenic route if the group is game.
Well, there probably IS one there, too. We could make a game out of hitting every one between Burleson and Denton... :doh:

Saturday is not a good day for I35 (OK, which day is?). Isn't there a Starbucks in Lake Worth? Maybe meetthere and then take some backroads...

Also, if we go up FM156 north of Alliance, we will need to wave at the Northwest ISD complex just south of SH114 on the west side - that is where my wife works... :mrgreen:
 
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
4,131
Location
Denton, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Davis
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............
 
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
5,846
Location
Exit. Stage West.
Gilk51 said:
Well, there probably IS one there, too. We could make a game out of hitting every one between Burleson and Denton... :doh:

Saturday is not a good day for I35 (OK, which day is?). Isn't there a Starbucks in Lake Worth? Maybe meet there and then take some backroads...
Either works for me since I pass the SB in Lake Worth on my way to 820.
Traffic on I-35 isn't too bad early in the am (before 10-11 am), but after that it gets knarly. And worse going south than north.

An option is to ride up I-35 and down 156 on the return. Change of scenery and all.

I'm pondering heading to Roy Roberts Lake or Jacksboro (Fort Richardson), maybe Mineral Wells after lunch to camp over night. Or swing west to Bridgeport Lake (cross another off my list of N Texas lakes) then south for a Lake Loop. :ponder:

Ponder, ponder......
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
1,685
Location
DFW, TX
donroger1 said:
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............

I'm going to take this route. Anyone else interested? If so, I'll come up with a time and muster point (probably the gas station @ 1187 and 377).
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
1,211
Location
Allen, TX
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Napurano
I've got a route from N. Dallas (Allen) if anyone wants to tag along with me too.
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
that sounds like a good route to me, let me look and see where would be easiest for me to cross paths with ya'll
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
easiest route for me would be to take 917 to Joshua and then catch 1902 and head up to 1187. then over to the 1187/377 intersection.

Or, I could take 917 to 731 to 1187 and meet ya'll in burleson.

anywhere along there would work fine for me.

where is everybody coming from??

I'm coming up from Keene.
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
donroger1 said:
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............
This is exactly what I was looking for, Don, I just don't know those roads well enough. Thanks for the route.

Burlyville crew, do you still want to meet up at the Star$$? We can just scoot up 731 to Crowley, through the construction chaos, left at the Squidward-Wonder Memorial Intersection onto 1187 and meet up with more of the gang at the 377 intersection at what time??
 

Hop

Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
312
Location
Bonham, Texas
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hopper
I'll be there, the wife even says whe will ride her bike over if its not cold out.
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
pacman1 said:
This is exactly what I was looking for, Don, I just don't know those roads well enough. Thanks for the route.

Burlyville crew, do you still want to meet up at the Star$$? We can just scoot up 731 to Crowley, through the construction chaos, left at the Squidward-Wonder Memorial Intersection onto 1187 and meet up with more of the gang at the 377 intersection at what time??
that works for me.

what kind of time frame are we looking at this trip taking?
meeting in Ponder @ 1100.
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
I'm thinking we should give ourselves at least 1.5 hours from Burleson using Don's route. What do you think, Chuck, Don?
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
I would say leave from I35/1187 at 9 - that should give us plenty of time...

or maybe the 730/1187 intersection?

sorry - I had to edit this twice :oops:
 
Last edited:

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
From Burleson Star$$ to 1187/377 is about 20 minutes so how bout the Burlyville mafia and the rest of the JC contingent meets at Starbucks at 8:30, with stands up no later than 8:40?

Speaking of the mafia, where's the rest of the "family"?:lol2:
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
pacman1 said:
From Burleson Star$$ to 1187/377 is about 20 minutes so how bout the Burlyville mafia and the rest of the JC contingent meets at Starbucks at 8:30, with stands up no later than 8:40?

Speaking of the mafia, where's the rest of the "family"?:lol2:
so if you want something from starbucks, show up a little early ;)

then hope the next stop is close enough for the bladder relief :lol2:
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
tx-vfr said:
so if you want something from starbucks, show up a little early ;)

then hope the next stop is close enough for the bladder relief :lol2:
Yep, in Ponder... :eek2:
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
pacman1 said:
Speaking of the mafia, where's the rest of the "family"?:lol2:
looks like your the only official member of the mafia thats on the list.

I'm not quite sure whether I qualify for the mafia or not :scratch:

there was a pic somewhere that contained me, kim, john, mark and the title read "the burleson mafia"

I'm so confused :giveup:
 
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
4,131
Location
Denton, TX
First Name
Don
Last Name
Davis
pacman1 said:
I'm thinking we should give ourselves at least 1.5 hours from Burleson using Don's route. What do you think, Chuck, Don?
I entered the route, starting in Joshua,in my 2006 Streets & Trips. It posted 2 hours from Joshua.
When I am working in Azle, it takes me about an hour to get to Denton taking that route thru Justin.

TexasShadow said:
btw, I live on Church Rd. :)
Apparently, you could pick up Elzi @ her place. :) (After her coffee!)
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
tx-vfr said:
looks like your the only official member of the mafia thats on the list.

I'm not quite sure whether I qualify for the mafia or not :scratch:

there was a pic somewhere that contained me, kim, john, mark and the title read "the burleson mafia"

I'm so confused :giveup:
I think your apperance in that pic confirms it. You're officially made.:trust:
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

dutchinterceptor said:
OK, that was back on page 3 of this discussion! :doh:
You're slow responding! :-P
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,144
Location
East Texas
First Name
Dutch
Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

Gilk51 said:
OK, that was back on page 3 of this discussion! :doh:
You're slow responding! :-P

I reeaaadddd rrreeeaaaalllll ssslllllooooowwwwww.
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
So Nathan, are you meeting me at the Starbucks or the rest of the group at 377/1187? If you're just heading to 377 I'll skip Starbucks too. No point in meeting myself there.:brainsnap

Chuck, where are you planning on joining in (if at all)?
 

Gilk51

2
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,293
Location
Arlington, Texas
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
pacman1 said:
Chuck, where are you planning on joining in (if at all)?
Well! I WAS planning to join in but now I don't know...

OK, I'm thinking 731 and 1187. Is that the bad intersection that got John & Kim? Not sure what time I should be there...

Is there is a good place to stop & wait at 377 and 1187? I don't remember anything on the east side...
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2003
Messages
1,685
Location
DFW, TX
Gilk51 said:
Well! I WAS planning to join in but now I don't know...

OK, I'm thinking 731 and 1187. Is that the bad intersection that got John & Kim? Not sure what time I should be there...

Is there is a good place to stop & wait at 377 and 1187? I don't remember anything on the east side...
There's a gas station on the east side of 377 and 1187. I think it's an Exxon or Mobil.
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,891
Location
Cleburne, TX
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
pacman1 said:
So Nathan, are you meeting me at the Starbucks or the rest of the group at 377/1187? If you're just heading to 377 I'll skip Starbucks too. No point in meeting myself there.:brainsnap
its 6 of one half-dozen of another. which ever would be easier for you. I"m game either way.

if we meet at starbucks, I doubt I'll get anything. its cheaper and nearly as good to just make it at home ;)
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
tx-vfr said:
its 6 of one half-dozen of another. which ever would be easier for you. I"m game either way.

if we meet at starbucks, I doubt I'll get anything. its cheaper and nearly as good to just make it at home ;)
I wasn't going to get anything either, just making use of thier parking lot. I'll be going through that intersection anyway to head north on 731. For the sake of easiness, and since we don't want to buy Starbucks, we may as well meet in the Home Depot parking lot. Say 8:30? How's that sound?

Chuck, the 731/1187 intersection is a bear. I was trying to think of a place to meet that 1187 has access too. I can't think of one. Wherever we meet at that intersection will require you to turn onto 731, something you probably don't want to do. It would be much easier to just keep heading west on 1187 and we can hook up either at the next intersection about a mile down, where there is an easy access convenience store on the right, or down the road at the 377 intersection.
 

pacman

Die with memories, not dreams.
Forum Supporter
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
5,832
Location
Burleson
First Name
Wayne
Kidder, I'd like to join up with you at the 377/1187 intersection. I'm leaving Burleson at 8:30 and should be there before 9:00.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top