• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tx-vfr said:
does it help that I know I'm clueless??

The first step taken have you, youngling.;-)

Hehe, don't listen to me. I'm barely dry behind the ears myself. Heck, at 33, I still get carded most of the time. Only difference now is that I'm starting to like it.:lol2:

So how 'bout getting a Burleson/Cleburne/Johnson Co. contingent together for the ride to ponder? Since the roads are going to be boring, I would appreciate some nice bike to look at while we ride. We can make our own scenery.:lol2:

I'm game. I was going to sit down with a map and come up with a route to avoid the metroplex but thats likely to take quite awhile and I don't know if I want to get up early enough to make that long of a run :yawn:

pacman1 said:
The first step taken have you, youngling.;-)

Hehe, don't listen to me. I'm barely dry behind the ears myself. Heck, at 33, I still get carded most of the time. Only difference now is that I'm starting to like it.:lol2:

ah, but you have the personal experience with the dark side (females :duck: ) and are still here to tell about it. sounds like your doing ok to me!

its kinda funny to see when I do or don't get carded.
Local gun shop: never.
Walmart: depends. if its an older guy at the sporting goods counter, nope. young guy: always. female (of any age) nope. now at the checkout counter, its hit and miss and doesn't have any pattern.

oddly enough, I got carded for some powder solvent, but not for a can of draino :giveup:

I'm pondering where Ponder is, but I think it was one of the places I passed in between the rain ponds on the way back from Lake Texoma the other weekend.

Okay, so this gives me a justifiable reason to postpone Ride/Camp Trip No. 2.

Count me in. Are we going up there in tour d'force?
I can meet y'all (or somey'all) somewhere near 820 and I-35.
Hmmm........ a Starbucks?

pacman1 said:
So how 'bout getting a Burleson/Cleburne/Johnson Co. contingent together for the ride to ponder? Since the roads are going to be boring, I would appreciate some nice bike to look at while we ride. We can make our own scenery.:lol2:
I'll ride behind all of you and let you know how your butts look :lol2:

Let's see, I guess the JC folks could meet at Starbucks Burleson, the hop on 1187 up to I20, then to Starbucks I20/820 to meet some Ft Worth folks, then slab it on 820 over to 156, then run that on up to Ponder. Not a very exciting route, but what did you expect?

Any takers?

TexasShadow, give us some more detail about where that Starbucks is. And please, DON'T give us any details about how our butts look. :lol2: TMI! TMI! Keep your fantasies to yourself.:trust:

pacman1 said:
Let's see, I guess the JC folks could meet at Starbucks Burleson, the hop on 1187 up to I20, then to Starbucks I20/820 to meet some Ft Worth folks, then slab it on 820 over to 156, then run that on up to Ponder. Not a very exciting route, but what did you expect?

Any takers?
I'm game - what time and where the heck is the Starbucks in Burleson? :mrgreen:

pacman1 said:
TexasShadow, give us some more detail about where that Starbucks is. And please, DON'T give us any details about how our butts look. :lol2: TMI! TMI! Keep your fantasies to yourself.:trust:
I'll have to find exactly where it is, but it's north of 820/I-35. I passed one last weekend.

I won't give you the details how your butts look but will provide them to everyone else :trust:

TexasShadow said:
I'll have to find exactly where it is, but it's north of 820/I-35. I passed one last weekend.
Starbuck's is on the Southwest corner of I-35W and Western Center Blvd.
It is the first exit north of Loop 820.
If you leave the Starbuck's and head West, it will take you directly to Hwy 156.

Gilk51 said:
I'm game - what time and where the heck is the Starbucks in Burleson? :mrgreen:
its on 174 right across from Rosa's and right next to that super Exxon.

I'm game for the starbucks hoping, course we'll all be running around like the squirrel on Hoodwinked by the time we get there :lol2:

I35 and Western Center. I was thinking it was on west loop closer Benbrook. That being the case, perhaps we should just scoot up I35? What do you guys think? I'm fine with taking the scenic route if the group is game.

I'm prolly in... just not sure which bike I'll be on yet :)

pacman1 said:
I35 and Western Center. I was thinking it was on west loop closer Benbrook. That being the case, perhaps we should just scoot up I35? What do you guys think? I'm fine with taking the scenic route if the group is game.
Well, there probably IS one there, too. We could make a game out of hitting every one between Burleson and Denton... :doh:

Saturday is not a good day for I35 (OK, which day is?). Isn't there a Starbucks in Lake Worth? Maybe meetthere and then take some backroads...

Also, if we go up FM156 north of Alliance, we will need to wave at the Northwest ISD complex just south of SH114 on the west side - that is where my wife works... :mrgreen:

If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............

Gilk51 said:
Well, there probably IS one there, too. We could make a game out of hitting every one between Burleson and Denton... :doh:

Saturday is not a good day for I35 (OK, which day is?). Isn't there a Starbucks in Lake Worth? Maybe meet there and then take some backroads...
Either works for me since I pass the SB in Lake Worth on my way to 820.
Traffic on I-35 isn't too bad early in the am (before 10-11 am), but after that it gets knarly. And worse going south than north.

An option is to ride up I-35 and down 156 on the return. Change of scenery and all.

I'm pondering heading to Roy Roberts Lake or Jacksboro (Fort Richardson), maybe Mineral Wells after lunch to camp over night. Or swing west to Bridgeport Lake (cross another off my list of N Texas lakes) then south for a Lake Loop. :ponder:

Ponder, ponder......

donroger1 said:
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............

I'm going to take this route. Anyone else interested? If so, I'll come up with a time and muster point (probably the gas station @ 1187 and 377).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back