• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Where:
Ranchman's Cafe
110 W Bailey
Ponder, Texas 76259

Website with map

When:
11:00 in Ponder, TX
28 October 2006

Why: To help raise money for our fearless leader and family to offset the costs of their recent accident. This will be on a donation basis only. No cost to attend.

Donation Coordinator: Gilk51

Who:
Definite:

vfer
donroger1
SeanFromTX
pacman1 + 5
MusicMan754
Kidder
hank327
Doons
pdef
Gilk51
dfwscotty
PolarisTxGuy
FirstMan
tx-vfr
gocatgo
FWRex
TexasShadow
busarider1
mnapuran
Hop + 1?
lobo10s + 1
nogutsnoglory
l8rg8r
Graubart

Maybe:
STCPO
aggie81
krushchev
Big Bandit
Tracker
FJR Bandit
wildebube

Last edited:
Re: Pie Run X: Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

nothing scheduled as of yet. count me as a maybe.

Well, Google Maps says it's 6 hours and change. As much as I enjoy a long distance ride to Nowhere, TX for a slice of pie, I don't think it's worth the pre-dawn KSU and tire tread to go all the way out there and back.

Sorry guys n gals, I'll be taking a pass on this one.

Alas, that weekend is the opening for Quail season. Going to be down South of San Antonio.

However, I know from past experience the cook down there makes wonderful pies...

Have fun everyone. CAtch you next month!

Another maybe. I'm off that day and live pretty close by.

Definite maybe - Kidder - GSXR-1000

I could probably make that one.It's about 5 miles north of me.

Anyone going from the Austin or San Antonio area? I was thinking about riding up Sat morning, riding around the area in the afternoon and camping nearby, then riding home Sunday morning. I might even consider leaving after work Friday and camping halfway there Friday night so we don't have to leave so early on Sat morning. Does this basic idea sound interesting to anyone from my area?

Rod

:( my beast is still in the shop... I have to settle for Flying Saucer Pie Company

I'll make this one if I have to walk. (not far)
Put me down as a definite. :sun:

Last edited:

donroger1 said:
I'll make this one if I have to walk. (not far)
Put me down as a definate. :sun:

Me too...:eat:

My back tire - new just over a month ago - is so squared off, and I've got so much backed up maintenance tasks I doubt seriously I'll have the bike back together by then, and if I do, I better just go around the block at high speed, both directions, for a day. Sorry - looks like time for a consolation run again.

OK - you guys that live "pretty close" better show up to this one as they are usually out of your range. Who knows when another will be this close to you?

I was planning on riding my old H2 to this one, as it is only about 25 miles from my house.

Unfortunatley for me, I will be attending the Fall Color Tour in Clarksville, Arkansas on my KLR.

Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

Updated the original post to reflect a change in the format of this Pie Run. There will be 3 other Pie Runs simultaneously on the same day elsewhere in the state. I will be posting a thread explaining this shortly.

wczimmerman said:
Updated the original post to reflect a change in the format of this Pie Run. There will be 3 other Pie Runs simultaneously on the same day elsewhere in the state. I will be posting a thread explaining this shortly.
WC, which one are you going to attend? Or will you designate one to each zimmerman family member & send them off? ;-)

Gilk51 said:
WC, which one are you going to attend? Or will you designate one to each zimmerman family member & send them off? ;-)

:rofl: Yeah, currently Savannah (age:5) and Cassie (age:7) are arm wrestling for the 919. No word yet on who might take the SV1K.

Well, in light of this now becoming a benefit pie run, change me from a maybe to a DEFINITE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back