• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a route from N. Dallas (Allen) if anyone wants to tag along with me too.

that sounds like a good route to me, let me look and see where would be easiest for me to cross paths with ya'll

easiest route for me would be to take 917 to Joshua and then catch 1902 and head up to 1187. then over to the 1187/377 intersection.

Or, I could take 917 to 731 to 1187 and meet ya'll in burleson.

anywhere along there would work fine for me.

where is everybody coming from??

I'm coming up from Keene.

donroger1 said:
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............

This is exactly what I was looking for, Don, I just don't know those roads well enough. Thanks for the route.

Burlyville crew, do you still want to meet up at the Star$$? We can just scoot up 731 to Crowley, through the construction chaos, left at the Squidward-Wonder Memorial Intersection onto 1187 and meet up with more of the gang at the 377 intersection at what time??

I'll be there, the wife even says whe will ride her bike over if its not cold out.

pacman1 said:
This is exactly what I was looking for, Don, I just don't know those roads well enough. Thanks for the route.

Burlyville crew, do you still want to meet up at the Star$$? We can just scoot up 731 to Crowley, through the construction chaos, left at the Squidward-Wonder Memorial Intersection onto 1187 and meet up with more of the gang at the 377 intersection at what time??
that works for me.

what kind of time frame are we looking at this trip taking?
meeting in Ponder @ 1100.

I'm thinking we should give ourselves at least 1.5 hours from Burleson using Don's route. What do you think, Chuck, Don?

I would say leave from I35/1187 at 9 - that should give us plenty of time...

or maybe the 730/1187 intersection?

sorry - I had to edit this twice :oops:

Last edited:
From Burleson Star$$ to 1187/377 is about 20 minutes so how bout the Burlyville mafia and the rest of the JC contingent meets at Starbucks at 8:30, with stands up no later than 8:40?

Speaking of the mafia, where's the rest of the "family"?:lol2:

pacman1 said:
From Burleson Star$$ to 1187/377 is about 20 minutes so how bout the Burlyville mafia and the rest of the JC contingent meets at Starbucks at 8:30, with stands up no later than 8:40?

so if you want something from starbucks, show up a little early ;)

then hope the next stop is close enough for the bladder relief :lol2:

tx-vfr said:
so if you want something from starbucks, show up a little early ;)

then hope the next stop is close enough for the bladder relief :lol2:
Yep, in Ponder... :eek2:

pacman1 said:

looks like your the only official member of the mafia thats on the list.

I'm not quite sure whether I qualify for the mafia or not :scratch:

there was a pic somewhere that contained me, kim, john, mark and the title read "the burleson mafia"

I'm so confused :giveup:

pacman1 said:
I'm thinking we should give ourselves at least 1.5 hours from Burleson using Don's route. What do you think, Chuck, Don?
I entered the route, starting in Joshua,in my 2006 Streets & Trips. It posted 2 hours from Joshua.
When I am working in Azle, it takes me about an hour to get to Denton taking that route thru Justin.

TexasShadow said:
btw, I live on Church Rd. :)
Apparently, you could pick up Elzi @ her place. :) (After her coffee!)

tx-vfr said:
looks like your the only official member of the mafia thats on the list.

I'm not quite sure whether I qualify for the mafia or not :scratch:

there was a pic somewhere that contained me, kim, john, mark and the title read "the burleson mafia"

I'm so confused :giveup:

I think your apperance in that pic confirms it. You're officially made.:trust:

Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

dutchinterceptor said:
OK, that was back on page 3 of this discussion! :doh:
You're slow responding! :-P

Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder Which Pie at Ranchman's Cafe

Gilk51 said:
OK, that was back on page 3 of this discussion! :doh:
You're slow responding! :-P

I reeaaadddd rrreeeaaaalllll ssslllllooooowwwwww.

So Nathan, are you meeting me at the Starbucks or the rest of the group at 377/1187? If you're just heading to 377 I'll skip Starbucks too. No point in meeting myself there.:brainsnap

Chuck, where are you planning on joining in (if at all)?

pacman1 said:
Chuck, where are you planning on joining in (if at all)?
Well! I WAS planning to join in but now I don't know...

OK, I'm thinking 731 and 1187. Is that the bad intersection that got John & Kim? Not sure what time I should be there...

Is there is a good place to stop & wait at 377 and 1187? I don't remember anything on the east side...

Gilk51 said:
Well! I WAS planning to join in but now I don't know...

OK, I'm thinking 731 and 1187. Is that the bad intersection that got John & Kim? Not sure what time I should be there...

Is there is a good place to stop & wait at 377 and 1187? I don't remember anything on the east side...

There's a gas station on the east side of 377 and 1187. I think it's an Exxon or Mobil.

pacman1 said:
So Nathan, are you meeting me at the Starbucks or the rest of the group at 377/1187? If you're just heading to 377 I'll skip Starbucks too. No point in meeting myself there.:brainsnap

its 6 of one half-dozen of another. which ever would be easier for you. I"m game either way.

if we meet at starbucks, I doubt I'll get anything. its cheaper and nearly as good to just make it at home ;)

pacman1 said:
I think your apperance in that pic confirms it. You're officially made.:trust:
SWEET!! I'm in! and I didn't even have to whack anybody! :lol2:

tx-vfr said:
its 6 of one half-dozen of another. which ever would be easier for you. I"m game either way.

if we meet at starbucks, I doubt I'll get anything. its cheaper and nearly as good to just make it at home ;)

I wasn't going to get anything either, just making use of thier parking lot. I'll be going through that intersection anyway to head north on 731. For the sake of easiness, and since we don't want to buy Starbucks, we may as well meet in the Home Depot parking lot. Say 8:30? How's that sound?

Chuck, the 731/1187 intersection is a bear. I was trying to think of a place to meet that 1187 has access too. I can't think of one. Wherever we meet at that intersection will require you to turn onto 731, something you probably don't want to do. It would be much easier to just keep heading west on 1187 and we can hook up either at the next intersection about a mile down, where there is an easy access convenience store on the right, or down the road at the 377 intersection.

Kidder, I'd like to join up with you at the 377/1187 intersection. I'm leaving Burleson at 8:30 and should be there before 9:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back