• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pacman1 said:
I wasn't going to get anything either, just making use of thier parking lot. I'll be going through that intersection anyway to head north on 731. For the sake of easiness, and since we don't want to buy Starbucks, we may as well meet in the Home Depot parking lot. Say 8:30? How's that sound?

I was going to suggest that if you weren't going to get anything. :thumb: I'll see ya there!

Red Rex right?

tx-vfr said:
I was going to suggest that if you weren't going to get anything. :thumb: I'll see ya there!

Red Rex right?

Yup. I'm the freakishly tall dude. It kinda looks like I'm riding a pocketbike.:lol2:

OK - I think I'll just meet folks at the gas station on 1187 and 377. I'll probably take 1187 from 157 and shoot for getting to 377/1187 a bit before 9:00...

Just don't run over me...

pacman1 said:
Yup. I'm the freakishly tall dude. It kinda looks like I'm riding a pocketbike.:lol2:
OK, thats what I thought I remembered you riding.

I'm on the blue VFR with bags.

if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

tx-vfr said:
OK, thats what I thought I remembered you riding.

I'm on the blue VFR with bags.

if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

How dare you mention my height! I'm very sensitive about it. Oh, wait, I mentioned it first.:doh: In that case, I'm 6'5".;-)

I think we met once in Cleburne. IIRC, you're a tall drink o' water yerself. (whoa, I totally just sounded like my mom)

Back in highschool, me and the rest of the geeks and nerds had CB radios in our cars. My handle was Long Tall Texan. <groan> I can't believe I just said that out loud. Please, don't tell anybody.:lol2:

I think we met at the Aug JC meet.

I'm 6'2" so I'm not that far behind ya ;)

funny you mention you your CB Handle, I go by 1TallTXn on most of the other forums ;)

My cousin is 6'8" and he makes my VFR look like a pocketbike, its quite funny!!

course I did a decent job of dwarfing the Duc 999 at the CW show last year

pacman1 said:
Kidder, I'd like to join up with you at the 377/1187 intersection. I'm leaving Burleson at 8:30 and should be there before 9:00.

So, who's up for meeting at the gas station on the east side of 377 and 1187 intersection at 9am? I'm not sure how long it will take to get to Ponder but we can always arrive a little early. I'd say we should be kickstands up by 9:15. I'll map the route tonight on MS Streets and Trips to be sure.

I'd prefer not to lead but I can, if necessary.

Sound off, people!

Kidder said:
So, who's up for meeting at the gas station on the east side of 377 and 1187 intersection at 9am? I'm not sure how long it will take to get to Ponder but we can always arrive a little early. I'd say we should be kickstands up by 9:15. I'll map the route tonight on MS Streets and Trips to be sure.

I'd prefer not to lead but I can, if necessary.

Sound off, people!
Wes and I are meeting up in Burleson at 0830 so I think we should be able to meet ya'll there by 0900

Zim, there's a good chance my wife and mini-me's will be meeting us in Ponder for pie. It'll be pacman1 + Mrs pacman + 4 little packids!

Kidder said:
So, who's up for meeting at the gas station on the east side of 377 and 1187 intersection at 9am?
Per post #103, I'll be there.

Gas station in Wheatland where 377 and 1187 meet ... 9AM

I have a tentative meeting scheduled in the morning, but have not heard anything about a time or place, yet.

If the meeting falls through, I will be there ...

Looks like it will be a bit nippy in the morning for you guys.
See you tomorrow.

Riding to Ponder from Plano/Allen area

Ok, if anyone wants to ride with us, me and the wife, riding her own bike, yeah! will be leaving our home at Custer and 121 at about 9:30am. Heading up Preston to Celina, then west on 455 to I35W then south to 156 to Ponder.

GPS shows about a 62 mile ride at about 1.5 hours. Should be a fun ride.

Anyone coming from Plano, Allen or anywhere along the route is welcome to come ride with us. To us that's what it's all about is riding together as a group - it's a lot more fun that way. Or if you have another route we can do whatever - we're open as long as it isn't 121.

Any questions our home phone is 972-747-5031 and my cell is 469-450-5802. Call up to 10pm or after 8 am in the morning. See ya!

tx-vfr said:
Wes and I are meeting up in Burleson at 0830 so I think we should be able to meet ya'll there by 0900

See you guys at the Target in Burleson!

Ya'll don't ferget that this is also a benefit run for Scott and Beth Friday (Tourmeister and Blue Bomber) as per the title of the thread. ;-)

So, if you can, bring a few extra $$$ to drop in the box to go toward their expenses after their mishap. No requirement, no pressure, I'll be collecting anything and, I think, sending it to The Pie Man for tallying... (I'd donate my second born but I doubt that would help their situation any) :roll:

AND, for a donation of $20, I'll have a loverly momento of this event - however, my stock is limited to the box I got delivered yesterday (or the day before). I can't tell what it is right now 'cause Pie Man WC will snatch me bald-headed. :eek2: (I think it is supposed to be a secret or a surprise or something) :trust:

Regardless, look forward to seeing folks tomorrow. Ride safely and have fun!

Eat Pie or Die!
:mrgreen:

Graubart said:
I plan on showing up at the 1187/377 gathering spot. :sun:

post outage decompress, eh? :giveup:

I'll be leaving my place (Contrary Creek Rd and 144) around 8:15

I'll check back here in the morning before I leave to see if you want to make the trip to Wheatland together.

I would meet you guys at the 1187 meet but that's a long ride south only to head north again. I'll meet you guys at the rendezvous point at 11am.

Hope to get a boot on this foot in the morning and ride out there.
407 has some wide and nasty cracks along with seriously worn corners between I-35 and 287 y'all so be careful.

donroger1 said:
If ya'll are interested, there is a route I use to the west of Fort Worth.
Meet up at your favorite Starbuck's then:

Head out to the intersection of FM1187 and Hwy377 southwest of Benbrook.
Used to be called "Whisky Flats".
Jog east to turn North on FM1187 toward Aledo.
Pass thru Aledo and cross I-20. (Road becomes CR3325)
Continue North to Stop Sign (Intersection with FM1886)
Go North thru the intersection (30mph) on FM3325 (Church Rd)
Turn Right on FM730 toward Azle.
In Azle, continue straight under Hwy 199 and follow road around to the right as you pass the US Post Office.
Turn left at the Traffic light beside the Sonic to return to Northbound FM730.
Just before Boyd, turn Right on CR4668? (that's what Google shows)
Go East to the T intersection with FM718.
Left on FM718 to Hwy114.
Right on Hwy114 into Rhome.
Left on Business 287.
Follow it North (becomes US287 service road) to FM407.
Turn Right on FM 407 to Justin.
(watchout for the turns in Denton County. the pavement is rough)
Turn Left in Justin on Hwy156 and proceed North to Ponder.

"Texas Shadow" could meet up at CR3325 and FM1886. I think that is her fireworks stand.

Just a thought.............

Do we have a volunteer to lead this route? Lacking any other more knowledgeable navigator stepping forward, I'll lead. Be aware that this will be a severe example of the lost leading the lost. Anybody ridden these roads before??

nogutsnoglory said:
Riding to Ponder from Plano/Allen area

Ok, if anyone wants to ride with us, me and the wife, riding her own bike, yeah! will be leaving our home at Custer and 121 at about 9:30am. Heading up Preston to Celina, then west on 455 to I35W then south to 156 to Ponder.

GPS shows about a 62 mile ride at about 1.5 hours. Should be a fun ride.

Anyone coming from Plano, Allen or anywhere along the route is welcome to come ride with us. To us that's what it's all about is riding together as a group - it's a lot more fun that way. Or if you have another route we can do whatever - we're open as long as it isn't 121.

Any questions our home phone is 972-747-5031 and my cell is 469-450-5802. Call up to 10pm or after 8 am in the morning. See ya!

Ah... here is the plan I sent a few others, but we'll see who shows up:

Meeting at Starbucks in Allen @ Bethany and 75/Central about 8:30am. Route is kinda dependent on if anyone shows up at Starbucks to leave with me :sun:

If so... We'll go up to Lucas, cut over 546 to Airport road and over to 380, then up to 2933, then 545 to 2862, over near 75 and hit 455. Then basically 455 over to Sanger down to 156 and to the restraunt. A few good twists :) It's about 100 miles, but depending on who shows up, we can shorten it up if needed.

Number is 214, eight nine three, one one 1 8 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back