• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 4 Edom,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wczimmerman

Forum Supporter
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
1,205
Location
Renton, WA
#1
Where: The Shed in Edom, TX

When: October 28th at 11AM

Why: To help raise money for our fearless leader and family to offset the costs of their recent accident. This will be on a donation basis only. No cost to attend.

Directions (as provided by dutchinterceptor):
Quote:
From Palestine: Take FM315 to the left off of SR155 just north of the loop in Palestine. You can follow it all the way to FM279 where you will turn left and follow it into Edom(Shed will be on your right) OR you can turn left off of FM315 onto FM314 which will take you straight to Edom and dump you right into the Shed's parking lot.

From Rusk: Take FM 768 north into Jacksonville(lots of curves)....go north on US69 until you reach Mount Selman and turn left on FM855. Turn right on FM346....then turn left on FM344 and follow it north where it will turn into FM2661. Continue north until you reach SR64. Turn left on SR64 and then take an immediate left on FM279. This will take you straight to Edom(Shed will be on your right).

From Van/I-20: Take FM314 south until you dead-end into FM279....turn right and the Shed will be immediately on your right.

From Athens: Take FM317 east until you get to FM314.....turn left and follow it straight to the Shed.

From Canton: Wait.......don't go near Canton on the 28th....and definitely don't speed any where near the town...anytime. It's mecca for Highway Patrol.

Another "No Fly Zone" is a small construction area between Poyner and Chandler on FM315. The road is ok but LEO is definitely watching the construction zone.
Here's a link to some maps made up by terrebandit:
Maps

Donation Coordinator: dutchinterceptor


Who:
Definite:

dutchinterceptor
fz1nutt
nogutsnoglory + 1
txbanditrydr
SparkyBlue
DancesWithCurves
MCRyder
Hillflea
mode12
fz1nutt

Maybe:
REXER-1
CWDancer
Ninjette
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
78
Location
ARLINGTON
#3
Count me in !! Hate the reason for it but those are gooood people!! Even for the DFW folks if you think you can't, contribute at on of the M&G's.
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
78
Location
ARLINGTON
#6
Hey Dutch , thanks-still not exactly what I had in mind but I'll roll with it for now. I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!

SPOOOOKY!!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,321
Location
Arlington, Texas
#7
fz1nutt said:
I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!
Main reason for choosing Ponder is that I have never been there before & I may be heading to Bridgeport afterwards.

However, the Edom version is tempting, they have great buttermilk pie... :eat:
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#8
fz1nutt said:
Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!
I wanted to catch up with vfer at Ponder to talk about our recent hillcountry ride but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
17,321
Location
Arlington, Texas
#9
dutchinterceptor said:
but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.
Hmmm - there is an S-curve on FM156 south of Justin to go under the RR tracks. What else do you want? :shrug:
:lol2:
 
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
232
Location
Plano, TX
#11
Count us in. My wife is riding her Shadow on this one and hopes that there are some other women riders coming along. But she'll ride with us regardless.

We would like to meet up with some people here in DFW and ride together. The more the merrier.
 
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
808
Location
Lavon,TX
#13
fz1nutt said:
Hey Dutch , thanks-still not exactly what I had in mind but I'll roll with it for now. I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!

SPOOOOKY!!!!!!!
I like it. It looks like ONE angry lizard in this pic!
 
V
#14
dutchinterceptor said:
I wanted to catch up with vfer at Ponder to talk about our recent hillcountry ride but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.
I can take you on some decent roads if you want.Just not to and from Tyler.We do the backroads up to Muenster alot.
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#15
vfer said:
I can take you on some decent roads if you want.Just not to and from Tyler.We do the backroads up to Muenster alot.
IIRC there's a really good German restaurant in Muenster that I stopped at once. I'm definitely gonna make it up there sometime so I can at least check out your new RC!!
 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
10,904
Location
Cleburne, TX
#16
well from looking at the map, Ponder and Edom are about the same distance away for me. thats assuming I don't jump on 35 and head up that way. (which I'm not planning on doing)

now to find a route to Ponder that is a crooked as possible :rider:
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#17
nogutsnoglory said:
Count us in. My wife is riding her Shadow on this one and hopes that there are some other women riders coming along. But she'll ride with us regardless.

We would like to meet up with some people here in DFW and ride together. The more the merrier.

Elly(CWDancer) and Jessica(Ninjette) will hopefully be there on Saturday.


Looks like it's gonna be a small group! Where are all the East Texas folk??
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#19
Chris, the two riders I mentioned aren't confirmed yet even though they should be there!! :mrgreen:
I just mentioned them in regard to nogutsnoglory's wife asking if other ladies would be there.
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
1,730
Location
Lindale
#22
Cameron (JuniorBiker500) and I are definite maybes. We might be able to make this and have time enough to get to Reklaw for the annual Flying M Ranch Fly-In. It'd make for a great day of riding. Weather.com has Saturday looking good :sun: .
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#23
MCRyder said:
Cameron (JuniorBiker500) and I are definite maybes. We might be able to make this and have time enough to get to Reklaw for the annual Flying M Ranch Fly-In. It'd make for a great day of riding. Weather.com has Saturday looking good :sun: .
What type of fly-in is that Mark?
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
1,730
Location
Lindale
#24
dutchinterceptor said:
What type of fly-in is that Mark?
It's like the big plane event in Oshkosh, Wisconsion (but MUCH smaller). Kinda like a motorcycle rally with wings, if you will. Last year they had over 400 aircraft fly-in (therefore the name) for the event. 2006 is it's 20th. Here's the website for anyone's who's interested http://www.reklawflyin.com/
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
317
Location
Terlingua
#25
dutchinterceptor said:
Elly(CWDancer) and Jessica(Ninjette) will hopefully be there on Saturday.


Looks like it's gonna be a small group! Where are all the East Texas folk??

Sorry I won't be there, should be a good day for riding. I'm leaving for Big Bend tonight. Somebody eat some pie for me.

Randy
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#26
MCRyder said:
It's like the big plane event in Oshkosh, Wisconsion (but MUCH smaller). Kinda like a motorcycle rally with wings, if you will. Last year they had over 400 aircraft fly-in (therefore the name) for the event. 2006 is it's 20th. Here's the website for anyone's who's interested http://www.reklawflyin.com/


I've always wanted to go to Oshkosh but never could make it. Thanks for the info. :thumb:




Now, are we really only gonna have 6 or 8 people show up at the Shed this weekend?? :doh: Then again.....more chocolate pie for me!:trust:
 
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
232
Location
Plano, TX
#29
DancesWithCurves said:
I'm thinkin' I'm a strong maybe. Looking for a route leader with an aversion to slab! Randall or Russ?
Let me look at a map and my GPS and I'll let you know. I hate the slab but just love exploring the country roads. I've been down that way before on a ride to Houston and took FM and county roads all the way down. I'll let you know what I come up with.
 
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
232
Location
Plano, TX
#30
Ok, since I'm not sure where everyone in DFW is coming from, here are a couple or high-level routes.

From the North - meet in Rockwall just south of I-30, take 276 east over Lake Tawakoni to 69 to 17. Go South on 17 to 110 and South to 314 to Edom - roughly 87 miles on GPS route.

A more direct route would be to take the 715 South from 276 to the 64 then Southeast through Canton. This is about 72 miles but I've heard that Canton is DPS heaven and the 64 looks too long and too straight to be much fun.

If ya'll are more from the south of DFW, we can meet in Forney and take back roads to Kaufman, east on 243 to 47 South. Then East around the 2339 to Edom - roughly 72 miles.

I don't know the condition of any of these roads so if there are some bad ones in here please speak up.

Any other ideas on a route from DFW?
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#31
nogutsnoglory said:
Ok, since I'm not sure where everyone in DFW is coming from, here are a couple or high-level routes.

From the North - meet in Rockwall just south of I-30, take 276 east over Lake Tawakoni to 69 to 17. Go South on 17 to 110 and South to 314 to Edom - roughly 87 miles on GPS route.

A more direct route would be to take the 715 South from 276 to the 64 then Southeast through Canton. This is about 72 miles but I've heard that Canton is DPS heaven and the 64 looks too long and too straight to be much fun.

If ya'll are more from the south of DFW, we can meet in Forney and take back roads to Kaufman, east on 243 to 47 South. Then East around the 2339 to Edom - roughly 72 miles.

I don't know the condition of any of these roads so if there are some bad ones in here please speak up.

Any other ideas on a route from DFW?
64 is straight as an arrow so I wouldn't recommend it. If you go through Canton, 2909 is a very nice road which heads east just south of Canton off of 19. You can pick up FM1861 in Martin's Mill and over to 2339 which takes you into Edom. As far as I know all the roads leading to Edom are in good condition with the exception of 279. Some construction is going on at all of the water crossings where the culverts are being replaced.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
70
Location
Flint
#41
I'll be there for sure. Planin on leavin out around 9 a.m. with no route picked just yet. Anyone in the Tyler area interested?:trust:
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
1,730
Location
Lindale
#42
txbanditrydr said:
I noticed on the website that the public wasn't invited..... :huh: :shrug:
I saw that too and emailed the organizer about it. He said that was to discourage the the "riff-raff" and "looky-loos". I don't think we'd count as riff-raff, even on motorcycles. There is (for the first time) a $5 entrance fee. I'm still going. Cameron's going to the fly-in, I have to go into Tyler and pick him up after the Pie Run.
 
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
232
Location
Plano, TX
#44
I'm afraid I have to bow out of this pie run and go to Ponder which is closer to us. We have too many activities going on tomorrow so we are opting to go to a closer one that will take a shorter return trip.

I was really looking forward to this ride and even had the GPS all loaded and everything. Darn it all.

I look forward to riding with and meeting everyone at the next pie run.

Have a safe and fun ride!
 
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
2,120
Location
East Texas
#45
I'll be handling any donations for the Edom group so don't forget your checkbook or extra cash if you'd like to contribute. It's not mandatory.
Checks can be made out to Scott Friday.

Be safe and see everyone tomorrow!!
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
78
Location
ARLINGTON
#46
Well it looks like I'll get to join the pie fest in Edom. I'm starting from south of the metromess on 287 to Ennis, roads not much fun till well east of 45.
 
Joined
Jul 26, 2003
Messages
78
Location
ARLINGTON
#48
This will be only the 3rd time out and the longest ride since Ark ride. I was told the bike looks like an angry lizard- whats a good name for an angry lizard?
Am I asking for it or what!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top