• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Location 4 Edom,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wczimmerman

The ORIGINAL Pie Man
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Where: The Shed in Edom, TX

When: October 28th at 11AM

Why: To help raise money for our fearless leader and family to offset the costs of their recent accident. This will be on a donation basis only. No cost to attend.

Directions (as provided by dutchinterceptor):
Quote:
From Palestine: Take FM315 to the left off of SR155 just north of the loop in Palestine. You can follow it all the way to FM279 where you will turn left and follow it into Edom(Shed will be on your right) OR you can turn left off of FM315 onto FM314 which will take you straight to Edom and dump you right into the Shed's parking lot.

From Rusk: Take FM 768 north into Jacksonville(lots of curves)....go north on US69 until you reach Mount Selman and turn left on FM855. Turn right on FM346....then turn left on FM344 and follow it north where it will turn into FM2661. Continue north until you reach SR64. Turn left on SR64 and then take an immediate left on FM279. This will take you straight to Edom(Shed will be on your right).

From Van/I-20: Take FM314 south until you dead-end into FM279....turn right and the Shed will be immediately on your right.

From Athens: Take FM317 east until you get to FM314.....turn left and follow it straight to the Shed.

From Canton: Wait.......don't go near Canton on the 28th....and definitely don't speed any where near the town...anytime. It's mecca for Highway Patrol.

Another "No Fly Zone" is a small construction area between Poyner and Chandler on FM315. The road is ok but LEO is definitely watching the construction zone.

Here's a link to some maps made up by terrebandit:
Maps

Donation Coordinator: dutchinterceptor

Who:
Definite:

dutchinterceptor
fz1nutt
nogutsnoglory + 1
txbanditrydr
SparkyBlue
DancesWithCurves
MCRyder
Hillflea
mode12
fz1nutt

Maybe:
REXER-1
CWDancer
Ninjette

Last edited:
Count me in !! Hate the reason for it but those are gooood people!! Even for the DFW folks if you think you can't, contribute at on of the M&G's.

fz1nutt said:
Count me in !! Hate the reason for it but those are gooood people!! Even for the DFW folks if you think you can't, contribute at on of the M&G's.

Glad to see your rolling again and cool flames by the way!

Hey Dutch , thanks-still not exactly what I had in mind but I'll roll with it for now. I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!

SPOOOOKY!!!!!!!
fz1redo013editedyc6.jpg

Last edited:
fz1nutt said:
I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!
Main reason for choosing Ponder is that I have never been there before & I may be heading to Bridgeport afterwards.

However, the Edom version is tempting, they have great buttermilk pie... :eat:

fz1nutt said:
Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!

I wanted to catch up with vfer at Ponder to talk about our recent hillcountry ride but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.

dutchinterceptor said:
but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.
Hmmm - there is an S-curve on FM156 south of Justin to go under the RR tracks. What else do you want? :shrug:
:lol2:

Count us in. My wife is riding her Shadow on this one and hopes that there are some other women riders coming along. But she'll ride with us regardless.

We would like to meet up with some people here in DFW and ride together. The more the merrier.

fz1nutt said:
Hey Dutch , thanks-still not exactly what I had in mind but I'll roll with it for now. I hoped most of the DFW folks would do the Edom ride- Ponder roads???:puke: Just my opinion. Lets ride for the cause !!!!!!!!!

SPOOOOKY!!!!!!!
fz1redo013editedyc6.jpg

I like it. It looks like ONE angry lizard in this pic!

dutchinterceptor said:
I wanted to catch up with vfer at Ponder to talk about our recent hillcountry ride but there just aren't any decent ways to get there from Tyler. I'm allergic to straight roads.
I can take you on some decent roads if you want.Just not to and from Tyler.We do the backroads up to Muenster alot.

vfer said:
I can take you on some decent roads if you want.Just not to and from Tyler.We do the backroads up to Muenster alot.

IIRC there's a really good German restaurant in Muenster that I stopped at once. I'm definitely gonna make it up there sometime so I can at least check out your new RC!!

well from looking at the map, Ponder and Edom are about the same distance away for me. thats assuming I don't jump on 35 and head up that way. (which I'm not planning on doing)

now to find a route to Ponder that is a crooked as possible :rider:

nogutsnoglory said:
Count us in. My wife is riding her Shadow on this one and hopes that there are some other women riders coming along. But she'll ride with us regardless.

We would like to meet up with some people here in DFW and ride together. The more the merrier.

Elly(CWDancer) and Jessica(Ninjette) will hopefully be there on Saturday.

Looks like it's gonna be a small group! Where are all the East Texas folk??

Chris, the two riders I mentioned aren't confirmed yet even though they should be there!! :mrgreen:
I just mentioned them in regard to nogutsnoglory's wife asking if other ladies would be there.

Cameron (JuniorBiker500) and I are definite maybes. We might be able to make this and have time enough to get to Reklaw for the annual Flying M Ranch Fly-In. It'd make for a great day of riding. Weather.com has Saturday looking good :sun: .

MCRyder said:
Cameron (JuniorBiker500) and I are definite maybes. We might be able to make this and have time enough to get to Reklaw for the annual Flying M Ranch Fly-In. It'd make for a great day of riding. Weather.com has Saturday looking good :sun: .

What type of fly-in is that Mark?

dutchinterceptor said:
What type of fly-in is that Mark?

It's like the big plane event in Oshkosh, Wisconsion (but MUCH smaller). Kinda like a motorcycle rally with wings, if you will. Last year they had over 400 aircraft fly-in (therefore the name) for the event. 2006 is it's 20th. Here's the website for anyone's who's interested http://www.reklawflyin.com/

dutchinterceptor said:
Elly(CWDancer) and Jessica(Ninjette) will hopefully be there on Saturday.

Looks like it's gonna be a small group! Where are all the East Texas folk??

Sorry I won't be there, should be a good day for riding. I'm leaving for Big Bend tonight. Somebody eat some pie for me.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back