• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X: Pie Everywhere - Hutto & Beyond - International Pie Run Day 10/25

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may offer a perhaps safe suggestion on directions. Hwy 79 is very busy and on the fast side. East street (where Debbie's Pies is located) does not have a traffic light where it intersects with Hwy 79. Those coming from the west on 79 will have to cross on coming traffic and watch your backside as there is no turning lane. It may be safer to proceed a hundred feet to the traffic light at 1660 which has a turning lane and a turn on green signal. Go one block, turn left on Farley, right on East St. Also, as you make the turn onto 1660 you can actually see Debbie's Pies across the open field to the left.

DebbiePies.jpg

+1 on going to the light to turn. 79 traffic is not good through Hutto, the lanes are combined and there aren't protected left turns except at the light. Good heads up Art.

Well, in the interest of the safety and wellfare of my fellow Two Wheel Texans, I had pie and tea at the Texan Cafe today during a beautiful Friday afternoon ride east of Round Rock, just to make sure it was up to the high standards of this group. It was excellent as usual. They are ready for us tomorrow, they were expecting 50, I told them the last count was 50-65....they are really nice, stated we can park in the lot across the street for overflow parking, they open at 11am....Bill

+1 on going to the light to turn. 79 traffic is not good through Hutto, the lanes are combined and there aren't protected left turns except at the light. Good heads up Art.

For those coming from the north, taking Hwy 29 in Georgetown to 1660 bypasses 79 altogether and is a much less stimulating ride. You can do the same thing coming south on 95.

They are ready for us tomorrow, they were expecting 50, I told them the last count was 50-65....they are really nice, stated we can park in the lot across the street for overflow parking, they open at 11am....Bill

Thanks for the recon, Bill. I was tied up in meetings all afternoon and didn't get a chance to call them. So, thanks for giving them the warning, too! ;-)

For those coming from the north, taking Hwy 29 in Georgetown to 1660 bypasses 79 altogether and is a much less stimulating ride. You can do the same thing coming south on 95.

We will be doing 95 and will add this to the tail end. Thanks, Kurt! :thumb:

-------

list updated (see post #1)

Count: 62 def + 7 prob = 69, 8 maybe

-------

Now, if you want a pre-printed nametag, I need to know that you are coming, so announce it here & provide your real name so I can add that to the tag so they will look like this:

P9030104a.jpg

Looks like Pie Town, NM is out. :giveup: We was going to be leading a group of 1 :doh: so instead I decided I will do a DS :flip: ride to Cloud Croft for the pie. Have a great time tomorrow.

Off to the meet point.

Everyone ride safely.

See you in Hutto or whereever your final Pie destination may be... :sun:

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back