• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run X Reports: 10/28/06

Re: Pie Run X: Location 1 Ponder,TX (Benefit for Scott/Beth Friday)

gocatgo said:
It was a nice ride :rider: on a beautiful day :sun: and lunch with a bunch of nice folks! :eat2:
Dang locals always get home first! ;-)

First, let me thank all the generous folks that donated to the Scott and Beth Friday Relief Fund. I will be advising Chris "Pie Man" Zimmerman shortly so he can announce our part, but I am extremely proud of this group of 2-wheelers! :thumb:

I imagine there will be a storytelling thread, so I'll compose a report later. Early count from Judd (Kidder) was 32 folks, a quick look at the list has about 31. Cool, huh?
:mrgreen:

all told I rode in 179.6mi today. ride was a little chilly this morning, but after lunch it turned out BEAUTIFUL! :sun:

food was decent, cobbler was pretty good (yes, I know I went on a pie run and ate cobbler :doh: )

had a good time and hopefully helped our fearless leader and his better half :pray:

tx-vfr said:
(yes, I know I went on a pie run and ate cobbler :doh: )
You caused me to err as well, my son (I saw them deliver yours) - I had the cherry cobbler with ice cream. :eat:

We had a great time at Texas Pie in Kyle. I had pecan pie -- mmmmmmm, yummy! And great fellowship with cycle & pie lovers. After, Big Bandit showed me some great backroads all the way to Comfort! We saw deer, squirrels, buzzards and lots & lots of butterflies (I still have one on my sunglasses!). Thanks BB!!! I put 215 miles on my bike today (all on one tank).

Yup... good lunch and pie :)

I ran into some major traffic coming home (decided to take 121). Broke a sweat, and hurt my hands (0 to 6 mph for about 5 miles) :(

Good time overall... got to see some new faces for sure.

Tgatortexas1 said:
We had a great time at Texas Pie in Kyle. I had pecan pie -- mmmmmmm, yummy! And great fellowship with cycle & pie lovers. After, Big Bandit showed me some great backroads all the way to Comfort! We saw deer, squirrels, buzzards and lots & lots of butterflies (I still have one on my sunglasses!). Thanks BB!!! I put 215 miles on my bike today (all on one tank).

Yeah I went from Kyle to San Marcos (about 15 miles) by way of Comfort. What a day to ride! The pie was good too!

It was great meeting many of the others on this forum. And seeing five V-stroms in one place ;)

The quail was excellent! I'll get my ice cream tomorrow.

Scott and Beth were with us the entire time, in spirit if not in body.

Jamie, Rob and I got together this morning headed out to the Pie Run in Ponder TX. We put somewhere around 165 miles on the bikes by the time we returned to the house. Wonderful weather, Great food and Awesome people.. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon. YOu can see all my pictures here: PIE RUN - PONDER TX We counted 30 bikes in the parking lot. A bunch of Stroms were in attendance.

Jamie and I were on the Strom
106017301-M.jpg

Great food was had by all
106017334-M.jpg

A full house
106017342-M.jpg

More Two wheel Texans
106017373-M.jpg

Cool Shirts for a good cause
106017380-M.jpg

The friendly help - not bad to look at as well
106017388-M.jpg

Jamie and Jerry - Back on the bike once again
106017398-M.jpg

A bunch of cool bikes
106017463-M.jpg

Red Stroms are the fastest
106017460-M.jpg

A great way to spend a Saturday!
106017289-M.jpg

Flat tire, missed half the route, didn't have pie.

But I had major fun!

Gilk51 said:
Dang locals always get home first!
Gosh Chuck.
The bike didn't even get warm on the trip to Ponder. (<12 miles)

So. I spent the afternoon wheeling up 232 miles in search of backroads.
Went in search of "Spanish Fort" and returned by criss-crossing Lake Ray Roberts. :rider:

A really GREAT DAY for riding and even better when 'started' with PIE. :eat:

Thanks to whomever came up with the shirt idea. I would have donated anyway but that is a really cool shirt. 8^) :sun:

I'll try to post a picture or two when I sort out any good ones. :)

Great fun, Great ride, Great food, Great folks, Great time.

Edom checking in..... what we lacked in numbers we made up for in enthusiasm and the consumption of food. About 18 bikes showed up and we had a great time jawing in the parking lot beforehand and afterwards.

The group filtered its way out with people scattering to places unknown. Dutch, FZ1Nut (on his FZilla) and I headed north in search of curves and colors. Randall continued on to Lake Fork while Dutch and I tried to take some pictures. Ended up with 170 miles for the day and what a pretty day to ride.

Thanks to all who showed and gave - big thanks to Dutch for handling the administrative end of things..... GREAT SHIRTS BTW!!!!!!!!!

The gathering of bikes (click me click me) ......

Dutchinterceptor making the corner (flat-black bikes are hard to photograph)

dutchrun05bop7.jpg

Nice seeing every body in Ponder today a great group of people. :eat:

405 miles later about 5.30 made it home. Started the day off at 41 degrees finish at 75 degree.:rider:

Great day, great people, great cause. :clap:
Yes, I have pictures of the tire repair by Squeaky but I am digitally impaired and have to develop film. :doh: Everyone remembers film right? About 30+ folks in Huntsville.

jhansen said:
Yes, I have pictures of the tire repair by Squeaky...

Attempted semblance of repair. All I had to do was look helpless and take too long, and someone jumped in and did it for me. Amazing how things like that happen!

Thanks hutch! :clap:

"Edom Pie Run Report"

Big thanks goes out to Deepink and all those that donated!!

Enjoyed seeing everybody that made it out to Edom today. Bear with me on the names but here goes....

SparkyBlue
Terrebandit
Hillflea
Joe on the BMW(Not a member yet)
CWDancer
Txbanditrydr
sdavisrt
Hetkind
Bedlam
MCRyder
FZ1Nutt
Roger on the Magna - wease81??
Monster Rider ??(Forgive me but I'm at a total loss on your name!!)

This damage happened before he made it to the Pie Run....but thankfully someone else did it. Stephen bought it that way!
th_102806020.jpg

That's a streetfighter if I ever saw one.....no rice burned here!!
th_102806019.jpg
th_102806018.jpg

The bikes....
th_102806015.jpg

Everybody is checking out FZ'illa!! Cool Flames!!
th_102806014.jpg
th_102806010.jpg

th_102806013.jpg
th_102806012.jpg
th_102806021.jpg
th_102806025.jpg

th_102806023.jpg
th_102806024.jpg

th_102806009.jpg
th_102806007.jpg
th_102806006.jpg

Fancy boots and lots of fringe. He was just passing by.
th_102806026.jpg
th_102806026A.jpg

Cheer up Elly!! I know Stephen rides a Connie but he's not THAT bad!!:lol2:
th_102806008.jpg

Dave's always so photogenic. Funny thing though....everybody stops eating when I pick up my camera??
th_102806005.jpg
th_102806004.jpg

Marvin gives a thumbs up to the chocolate pie
th_102806003.jpg

Did You Want Gravy On Those Taters?
th_102806001.jpg

OK, who wants to race??
th_102806022.jpg

SQUID!!!!
th_102806051A.jpg
th_102806074A.jpg

Final hour of our ride today and we get to watch the train go past.
th_102806085.jpg
th_102806080.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806080.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806026A.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806026.jpg
Very good day!!

Jay, I thought I said if you were gonna take my picture that you had to at least make me look thin!! :doh:
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806024.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806023.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/Dutch9090/102806022.jpg

Hey! What is that Arlington guy doing in Edom? The rest of us were in Ponder! :ponder:

We had 31 folks sign my professionally printed sign-up sheets. :roll:

They came from all over - Ft. Worth, Arlington/Mansfield, Glen Rose, Burleson, Bonham, Plano/Allen, and Oklahoma City!

The food was good and these two gals took good care of us:
staff_1304q.jpg

And then there was pie and cobbler:
dessert_1305q.jpg

I think that our reputation preceeded us (they must have known that the Rexer hooligans were coming - 4 of 'em), so these signs were posted:
signs_1306q.jpg

OK - more details tomorrow. This old man is tired and a Guitar Hero tournament tonight in south Arlington cut into my posting time (no, I didn't play but went to see my son compete)

Kyle, TX - Texas Pie Company

Here are my two pics from yesterday's pie run. It was great to meet some people on a run when I was actually able to ride the Beverly500 instead of being in a cage the whole time. :mrgreen:

Hope everyone got home safely. See you next time!

Attachments

• P1000637_sm.jpg
    P1000637_sm.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 265
  • pieRun2006-10_pano_vsm.jpg
    pieRun2006-10_pano_vsm.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 231
I have 16 photos from Kyle, but don't know how to post them. If someone wants to walk me through the process.. I have a Yahoo account & can put them on Yahoo photos if that would help.

Tgatortexas1 said:
I have 16 photos from Kyle, but don't know how to post them. If someone wants to walk me through the process.. I have a Yahoo account & can put them on Yahoo photos if that would help.
the pictures either need to be online somewhere (yahoo photos should work) or added as an attachment to your post.

To add them from the web, you'll need the URL of where the pic is located and wrap that in the tag. (you can click the picture icon at the top of the "reply to post" window as well

to attach them to your post, you'll need to make sure they are small enough to be attached (I don't recall the limit off hand) then click "Manage Attachments" and follow the instructions

Images of:
Chuck actually in a picture. :rofl:
Graubart taking a picture. ;-)
The North Dallas crew with Jamie as a passenger again. :thumb:
My Ponder Pie. :eat:
Nathan's choice of cobbler. :eat:

Attachments

• tx-vfr_cobbler.JPG
    tx-vfr_cobbler.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 222
  • PonderPie.JPG
    PonderPie.JPG