• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie run XII: Moose head cafe, Crockett 12-28-19

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
December pie run for 2019
pecan-pointsettia-painted-pie-2-750x500.jpg

Where:
Moose head cafe
412 E Houston ave
Crockett,TX

when:
December 28th
11:00am

map: Moose head

http://www.themooseheadcafe.com/

this is my last pie run, to much stress in my life, so if you have been putting off going to a pie run this is your last chance.

Sorry to hear about the stress. I'm planning on going to this one. I've got the right bike for covering the distance now.

Thanks for running the TWT pie runs such a long time and for your amazing number of consecutive attendances. Lots of great memories over the years. I can't attend your finale but wishing you less stress in 2020. See you down the road.

Yes, may be + 1 or riding dirt (mutually exclusive :))

this is my last pie run, to much stress in my life, so if you have been putting off going to a pie run this is your last chance.
I was about to say "maybe next year" as I'm retiring in less than 60 days, but then I read the full post you made. I appreciate you doing it all this time, even if I only did attend 1 or 2 (it's a long haul from Phoenix). I wish you well and less stress in your life.

Has anyone else stepped up to try to fill your boots, or is the event coming to a screeching halt after this?

Probable

Leon, yes thank you for doing the organizing etc. Hope you find a less stressful environment in the new year. Hope to still see ya out on the road now and again. :)

I was about to say "maybe next year" as I'm retiring in less than 60 days, but then I read the full post you made. I appreciate you doing it all this time, even if I only did attend 1 or 2 (it's a long haul from Phoenix). I wish you well and less stress in your life.

Has anyone else stepped up to try to fill your boots, or is the event coming to a screeching halt after this?

probably screeching halt, getting real hard to find some to do something other than nothing

probably screeching halt, getting real hard to find some to do something other than nothing
Completely understand. Everyone wants to participate, but few want to lead. It's that way in most things in life.

I would imagine it will just become a "Hey, I'm eating pie at such and such a place on the xxth, come join me", and then see what happens from there.

All we need to someone to put a schedule together, you would not actually have to come.

How about a "pie" committee? Three people, one each from the DFW, San Antonio/Austin and Houston areas. They could meet annually on "pie" day (3/14) to form or modify the "pie"-laws (see what I did there) or designate "pie" points. If they weren't doing their job, they could be im"peach"ed. Just a little fun, but having three people may take the burden off of one?

Back