• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Planned outage for site to change servers today 01/03/19

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Sometime later today the site will be going down. I am moving everything to a new hosting service that has a lot of experience with sites running XenForo and provides excellent service based on recommendations by other XF admins of large sites.

They are in the process of migrating everything over as I type this. The actual shutdown of the site should only take a few minutes when they have to do the copy of the live database.

After the change over, the IP address for www.twtex.com will have changed. So you may need to delete cookies, clear caches, etc,... to get the site to load properly. I will also ask them about putting a redirect on the old IP just to make sure people end up at the right place regardless.

Thank you for your patience. I know mine is wearing thin... :zen:

Scott, all kidding aside, you have sacrificed your entire Holiday season for TWT.

Thank you, sir and thanks to your family for their sacrifice as well.

Amen. I'll add that I think I'm glad that you are changing sites. That little bruhaha was totally unnecessary and I wonder what else they would have had in store for you.

Tapatalk??

I keed, I keed... ;)

Thanks for all you do! :thumb:

All files have been transferred to the new server. Site will be going down shortly for the final transfer of the live database.

Scott,

Consider for a moment posting the cash outlay for this transition.
For the most part, I don't think many realize the costs associated owning and providing a site like this.

Hey, great news! I'm down 5 hops from the old host. THANK YOU for all the hard work over the holiday!!!

Scott,

Consider for a moment posting the cash outlay for this transition.
For the most part, I don't think many realize the costs associated owning and providing a site like this.

I don't have the exact number, but it is right around $5200 give or take a few... I got a refund for one service that knocked about $800 off the previous $6K.

Back