• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Plated XR4

Reaction score
Very nice, very low hour '97 owned by SR riders. First owner rode it less than 100 miles and decided he was not a dirt rider. Second owner was a friend of mine in LA who made D/S trips to CO with his wife and other family groups. Quit that about fifteen years ago due to a heart condition and altitude. It sat till I got it in late '07. I added some nice doodads and it has sat in my shop for ten years now with approx 100 miles use. 50/50 around my neighborhood and one forty mile dirt road ride in the Kisatchie NF. Never even dirty. I am not computer literate and will get a nephew to take some pics Friday to post. The bike is ready without touching for a trip to anywhere. Apparently its not meant to be for me to ride this thing. PM me for more details. $2200

Last edited:
Am I the only one who does not know what a xr4 is ? Sounds like a deal with the rack.

Honda XR400. Yes, this is the deal of the century. I had a nephew take some pics for me today but when he sent them to my comp via e-mail I only got two. Will try to figure out what is needed.

I had to do a little digging because I wasn't familiar either.
Apparently it's a DRZ400 but with better suspension, more power and 40lbs lighter.

hmmm ....

Forward the pics to mitchntx@gmail.com.

I've owned multiple XR400's. In motard, street legal converted trim.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but they were always fun bikes to ride with many grins per mile. You feel like a kid on a big xr100. Fantastic bikes. This one seems to be priced extremely well especially if it's already street legal. Not to mention the carrier.

GLWS.

Last edited:
At 73 I'm not good at this computer stuff so bear with me please. All these items brand new. Tires, rear disc guard, Clarke 3.8 tank, Renthal CR HI bend, Tusk AL full wrap handguards with plastic shields, grips, IMS Pro stainless footpegs, Baja Designs muffler thingy, Twin Air filter(stock cage), Pro Action woods valving for 190-210lbs, full suspension service by professional susp guys, new EBC clutch kit still in pkg I got just in case. Hoping to get some help to post pics, I have several on my e-mail a nephew took for me but I don't know how to send them. Someone needs to be enjoying this bike.

Last edited:
Hoping to get some help to post pics, I have several on my e-mail a nephew took for me but I don't know how to send them. Someone needs to be enjoying this bike.

George, I’ll pm you my email address. Send me the pictures and I’ll post them for you.

Nice bike. Good luck with the sale.

XR Pictures...

20181102_153527.jpg

20181102_153446.jpg

20181102_153412.jpg

20181102_153455.jpg

20181102_153504.jpg

20181102_153336.jpg

20181102_153404.jpg

20181102_153434.jpg

20181102_153422.jpg

20181102_153638.jpg

You’re welcome George. Someone just got a nice bike.

Yeah, I miss it already. But it was the right thing to do since I never rode it. New owner picked it up today and he now wants my 01 CR250 also. That one stays till I'm totally done. Thanks again Roger.

It is yours, wow, that's quick.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back