• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Playing with LR3.

Reaction score
I downloaded the trial version and tried shooting in RAW. I tried shooting in RAW once before but never tried using LR3.

C&C wanted and I have thick skin. :box:

Attachments

• raw 007900.jpg
    raw 007900.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 224
Good Morning Gary,

I am sure your loving that 7D....

For your image that you have posted my critique starts off with it being rather small. It would be better IMO if you would not attach the photo(s) but instead host them on a site somewhere on the interweb... which would permit you to embed a much larger, easier to view / inspect image here on TWT.

That being said... you have an interesting capture here, but what is it of? The dead branch coming at the camera (image bottom). The tall green branch image left, short green branch image right? What is this image trying to show? there is quite a bit going on in it.

I feel that the saturation and or vibrance may be a tad over cooked. But maybe because the blacks dominate the image they really aren't. It appears to me that you have a nice isolated DOF for the green branches, and the focus / contrast on the branches is sharp.

Now for something completely different.

RAW kicks you know what! Yeah the files are bigger, yeah you have to have the right software to view / edit them. But the detail that is left intact with RAW vs a hand held miniature computer (our cameras) processed and compressed .Jpg is just mind boggling.

I used to shot RAW+JPG, but now I am only shooting RAW. And using light room makes this such and easy decision. Just set white balance and maybe a couple of other global settings for the session of images captured, and sync every image to that 1 image you just adjusted the setting for.

I LOVE LIGHTROOM. If you play with it more during the trial period I am confident you will too. Very Intuitive, Non-Destructive, and FAST. Be sure to spend a while over on http://lightroomkillertips.com/

Good Morning Gary,

I am sure your loving that 7D....

For your image that you have posted my critique starts off with it being rather small. It would be better IMO if you would not attach the photo(s) but instead host them on a site somewhere on the interweb... which would permit you to embed a much larger, easier to view / inspect image here on TWT.

That being said... you have an interesting capture here, but what is it of? The dead branch coming at the camera (image bottom). The tall green branch image left, short green branch image right? What is this image trying to show? there is quite a bit going on in it.

I feel that the saturation and or vibrance may be a tad over cooked. But maybe because the blacks dominate the image they really aren't. It appears to me that you have a nice isolated DOF for the green branches, and the focus / contrast on the branches is sharp.

Now for something completely different.

RAW kicks you know what! Yeah the files are bigger, yeah you have to have the right software to view / edit them. But the detail that is left intact with RAW vs a hand held miniature computer (our cameras) processed and compressed .Jpg is just mind boggling.

I used to shot RAW+JPG, but now I am only shooting RAW. And using light room makes this such and easy decision. Just set white balance and maybe a couple of other global settings for the session of images captured, and sync every image to that 1 image you just adjusted the setting for.

I LOVE LIGHTROOM. If you play with it more during the trial period I am confident you will too. Very Intuitive, Non-Destructive, and FAST. Be sure to spend a while over on http://lightroomkillertips.com/

Thanks dude. I was short on time and and only got 11 shots in this morning. As I was limited on time, I didn't have much choice in subject matter and I guess it's some sort of bush in the parking lot of West Oaks Mall. lol. I have no idea what it is. But it beat the empty condom box laying next to a Marlboro light cigarette butt. :rofl:

I shot RAW a few times a couple of years ago with a 50D and really didn't see much difference from JPG. But today when I opened these RAW files, I was blown away by how sharp they were. And yea, I figured I got a little carried away during PP, but it was fun. :trust:

And I hear ya on the small image. Ill re-do it and post a link.

Thanks.

Back