• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please pray for my Dad

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab So last week (8/11) my folks and older brother left for Steamboat Springs, Co., for a week vacation. Saturday night (8/13) I got a call from Mom to let me know they were in the ER at the local hospital in Steamboat Springs. Dad apparently had pneumonia and altitude sickness. Because he is 77 years old, they also did a lot of tests related to his heart, but everything came back good. He spent the night in the hospital and was released late the next day (Sunday evening). Monday morning he was cleared to head home after one day of being at their vacation destination. He got a prescription and also picked up one of those oxygen concentrators that you see people pulling around on little carts with the hose on their face. They left Monday and made it to Raton, NM., then to Wichita Falls Tuesday, and finally back to Huntsville on Wednesday evening.

:tab I visited with him last night and he is REALLY weak and still having breathing issue. He also gets really severe chills. He had a follow up visit with his local Doc this morning. I just got a call from Mom and they were admitting him to the local hospital. Apparently, there might be more than just pneumonia at work here. They're not sure exactly what is going on, but hope to be able to get a better handle on it with him in the hospital. We have no idea how long he will be there.

:tab Last night, as he was getting up from the table and making his way to his room, he mentioned that he's been feeling weak and fatigued for 5-6 weeks!! So it is likely that he was already having issues before he left town last week and just didn't bother to mention it :doh: Mom wasn't pleased to hear that! Like most guys, he hates going to the doctor.

:tab Dad and I have worked together for the last 22 years. There are only three of us in the office. When one is out, it can get a bit hectic if we get real busy. Dad is also not real good at just sitting around and prefers to be at work.

:tab Please pray that they can figure out what is causing the shortness of breath, weakness and fatigue. Pray for Mom because this is obviously kind of stressful for her. Pray for Dad not to be stir crazy in the hospital. Pray for us at work that we can handle whatever happens while he is out. Lastly, just pray for all of us that we can accept and deal with whatever happens from all of this...

Thanks.

Done.

My oldest daughter had the same thing happen on a mission trip years ago. She was about 20 years old, a scary time and took her a while to recover. It kicked the crap out of her.

Today she take regular hikes and camps in the mountains outside of Seattle.

Hang in there.

Done... Scary and close to home. We are leaving for Durango in mid September with my mother in law, she is 92... We worry about this sort of thing often.

Best wishes

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope he will recover soon.

Nothing but best thoughts for the entire Friday family, hoping for a prompt and complete diagnosis and recovery.

Done. I remember meeting your folks at Sterling ranch.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

:tab Well, as of this morning, they have decided that he DOES NOT have pneumonia. Instead, he has some kind of infection throughout his lungs, but they don't know for sure what it is. They've got him on some kind of heavy duty antibiotic IV drip and they will likely keep him in the hospital at least until Sunday. He is feeling better. They have some kind of breathing treatment they do that really makes him feel better, cough less, and not feel so tight in the chest. Not going stir crazy will be an issue for him...

continued prayers. hopefully not a fungal infection. Lesa got one way back. took them forever to properly diagnose and treat.

We'll be praying for all involved

Back