• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Please pray for my parents

Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely You will hear their cries and comfort them. Your eyes are on Scott and his family. May they find their hope in Your unfailing love. Amen.

Scott, my parents are the same age as yours. Sadly, Dad's burden is has virtually no short term memory now. Otherwise, yours and my parents sound so very similar. Blessings and comfort to you all.

Just saw this. I too will likely be on oxygen at some point in my life due to lung issues so I can deeply emphasize with an independent gentleman being slowed and wounded by aging along with it's new challenges. Will put him and the family on the prayer list.

When my dad died, I had moved back to the mountain I grew up on outside Silicon Valley. We lived just a mile below my folks home. I'd come home from work early (3:30) on Friday and got a call from mom to come quick, as dad had fallen out of his chaise lounge on the concrete while napping by the pool. I got there and he was talking gibberish, and slowly went into a coma. 10 days later he died in the hospital. I think they morphined him to death when they knew there was no hope of brain function and he'd had a breathing tube as long as was ok to do so. When they pulled the tube I was there telling him he was going to meet Jesus now, and he seemed to resist and fight dying. Everyone wants to meet their maker, just not now. After a long minute or two it was over. If he'd come home handicapped it would have been very difficult for my mother to care for him due to bad arthritis. God knows when the best time is for each of us to come home. He also knows how to do it in a way that is not so hard on all the loved ones.

Praying for peace in your hearts and minds for His will.

We know we will miss loved ones when they leave this earth, but we cannot be selfish and wish them to stay longer than God's plan and will for them.

Thinking of y’all and praying, especially for you and your mom for strength as yall move through this trying time.

And peace

God's promises give us comfort. They are what anchors our soul. Scott you know. Jesus we pray for your shalom, wholeness nothing missing and nothing broken.

Romans 8 :28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:38-39

“ For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” - Romans 8:38-39
Everything will be alright. Trust God.

Sorry to hear, Scott. We pray for your peace.

Prayers and thoughts for your family. I don't know that it ever gets easy, you just keep on going......

Prayers for you and family.

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4 NIV).

Scott - praying for your father and your family is these tough times

Scott, I can tell how being the youngest in the family had me drawn in when it came time (was 55 back then) to step i did you will do the same. Dad just stuck around a little longer (12Years) Mom died later. it's very debilitating for parents specially. I would do it all over again just so could say goodbye will be TOGATHER soon. Many of us have been where you are now both as a son and father. PRAYERS' SENT BROTHER and may the grace of God lift, and comfort you sir.

Scott, I'm praying for you, your parents, and all of your family to have comfort and peace through God's grace during this time.

Scott, we will keep you in our prayers. You sharing this is good for you, but also good for others.

The only way to avoid the pain in loss, is to forego the love in life.

I know exactly where you are and what you're feeling. It's the hardest road on earth. Peace and strength to you and yours. The community is with you.

On the list. I was hoping 2022 would be better but honestly it just keeps getting worse. Sorry, lost both parents in 2002 and it sucks. It is tough making decisions as their kids. Doing the same with my stepdad now with onset of Alzheimer's. I won't say any Christian platitudes, you probably know them all. Sometimes healing comes on the other side of the grave.

We all know at some point we or a loved one becomes I'll or dies but it seems like we are never ready for it. Faith is the only thing that can make the appointed transition peaceful for all. This peace is not something we conjured up but it is supernatural peace of knowing that everything will be alright because of the amazing God given free gift known as grace.
Yes Scott I agree with you in your prayer request that your mom and dad and family will have a knowing of assurity like we all need that it is impossible for God's promise to be anything but Truth. As Apostle Paul penned it in Phllipians 1:6 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. ... being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Back