• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

please recommend a torque wrench for my Italian bike, must be metric...

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23845

I am attempting to bleed the rear brake on my MV Agusta. To do it properly, I need a torque wrench in metric Newton-Meters format.

Any suggestions?

I picked up a super nice used Snap-On metric torque wrench off eBay. 85 nm down to 5nm range. I use a larger one on my cars & truck but it's in ft/lbs, so anything over 85nm, I have to convert it to ft/lbs.

Download the Josh Madison Convert software for free from HERE. Works great. I also have several torque wrenches that are scaled in both n-m and ft-lb. But the software is free and works well.

Capture.PNG

Found one with an included chart of British to Metric conversion. Not too expensive.

I'm curious as to why you need a torque wrench to bleed brakes. I've done plenty and never needed one. I could see it if you were replacing the lines and needed it for the banjo bolts, but you should need to touch those for a general bleeding.

I'm curious as to why you need a torque wrench to bleed brakes. I've done plenty and never needed one. I could see it if you were replacing the lines and needed it for the banjo bolts, but you should need to touch those for a general bleeding.
banjo bolts: loosen and burp system on my MV Agusta... my bike is not your bike

I learned a long time ago everyone has a different idea about what is the “right” way to accomplish something. Some adhere strictly to the rules/by-the-book, and some fly by the seat of their pants. You know what, when all is said and done, and the persons are reasonably competent, there usually isn’t much difference in the outcome with the exception of the person doing it THEIR way has a greater sense of satisfaction and trust in the work

Ride your ride and let other’s ride theirs is the best path.

Last edited:
I am attempting to bleed the rear brake on my MV Agusta. To do it properly, I need a torque wrench in metric Newton-Meters format.

Any suggestions?
If the torque wrench is for the bleeder screw its probably less than a standard torque wrench. It would be far less weight
Do it by hand with a wrench,just needs to be just past snug.
Or it could break off😲

Back