• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Port A Beach Kid

Reaction score
While we were at the beach in Port Aransas I saw this kid walking back to his family, it was just so cute the way he he was walking and looking at things.

This is straight out of the camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ7) except for a crop and image size reduction for the web.
Click on the pic for the original JPG image (2816x2112) before crop/reduction.

I think it's kind of cute.....

That Gulf Coast water really detracts from it though with all the muddy/browns. It'd be awesome with water like a Bahama Blue.

great pic. tells a great story. maybe a portrait crop?

I think it's kind of cute.....

That Gulf Coast water really detracts from it though with all the muddy/browns. It'd be awesome with water like a Bahama Blue.

You mean to tell me not all beaches are covered with oil, jettisoned trash and have muddy brown water or red tides? That ain't right.

You mean to tell me not all beaches are covered with oil, jettisoned trash and have muddy brown water or red tides? That ain't right.

You do know that bulk of the oil on the beach is due to natural seepage right? I only have a basic understanding of petroleum geology, but, any geologist worth his salt can go into further detail.

Think "Lebrea Tar Pits".

Historical and contemporary data indicate that hydrocarbon seepage has been and is occurring in the Gulf of Mexico. It has proven difficult thus far to pinpoint oil seeps in the deep water areas of the Gulf, although many areas having anomalous concentrations of hydrocarbons in the water column have been recorded on subbottom seismic profiler records and have been detected and analyzed with "sniffer" type instrumentation. However, along the Mexican coast south of Tampico the oil seeps are conspicuous and all information gathered to date indicates active oil seepage exists in the northern Gulf.

Source - http://search.datapages.com/data/gcags/data/023/023001/0158.htm

Another short article:

http://search.datapages.com/data/specpubs/discovery1/D0120/D0120001.HTM

Back