• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Portraits.....

Reaction score
These are some of Nick's Senior photos, let me know what you think:
1:
Nick-2013_03-L.jpg

2:
Nick-2013_07-L.jpg

3:
Nick-2013_09-L.jpg

4:
Nick-2013_10-L.jpg

The gallery of 12 is here:
Nick's Senior Portraits

I like 1 & 2. Good use of the sun for hair light.

3 & 4 seem out of place with the jacket and football by the creek.

Angle of #4 seems weird after progressing thru the images. If I would have seen it first, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it? Might be direction of stream? I dunno exactly but my mind picks it up pretty quick.

I think #1 would have benefited with the use of a reflector low camera left to light his face. And a flash, even the popup, probably would have helped the rest. They just don't have that 'pop' to them you're so good at.

#1: My favorite, but I think I would have preferred a portrait orientation. The golden glow of the hair is pretty cool. :mrgreen:

#2: Bokeh is great, but I'm just not a fan of the angle, unless it is absolutely necessary. Just my preference. Also, his expression on #1 is better than #2.

#3: I like this one overall, but I wish his hand wasn't cut off. It seems like an odd place to crop/shoot it, I would have preferred a wider angle, or again, a portrait orientation may have helped. Great expression/smile though.

#4: The angle of the shot just kindof kills it for me. It feels like I'm confused on which way I should be looking at it.

I think we all struggle with #4 and water flowing up.... It's one of those 'un-natural' things our brain has a hard time processing.

Back