• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Possum kingdom area

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perdue
Anyone do any riding around possum kingdom? Looking for suggested camping, grub, and sights to see around the lake.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Subscribed. Looking to do some day riding in the area. Have done highway 4 a few times south of there but every time I get up near the lake I feel like I run out of fun options.

Maximus Flavius will be along shortly.

He's a wealthy land barron around PK lake.

Not really much riding at PK. Some scenic views, especially on the peninsula and top of the dam. Speed limits are low, 45mph, and well enforced. Weekend traffic can be a little heavy.

The coming Memorial Day weekend, it can be quite entertaining just observing at the public boat ramps. Lots of folks that haven't launched the boat in the last couple of years. Good cheap hilarity.

Good eats in Graford. Camping at several public areas. Good steaks at "The Trading Post", if you want to grill. You can have a great time. Avoid weekends if you can.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like it would be a good over night trip. I've driven up there years ago but couldnt really remember how the roads are.

Aaron @maximus_flavous has a great compound on pk.

I handle all the reservations, it is $200 per night. Just send me the cash[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Here are the routes for the Roll The Bones there last October.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• 2018-RTB-Map-01.GPX
    930.3 KB · Views: 364
PM me if you need to know anything else specific about the area.

My #1 piece of advice is don’t listen to anything Mitch or Kevin has to say!

My granddad owned some of the land under the lake before it was flooded.

The better roads are to the west of the lake. Anything on the east side is just a buncha Dallas folks.

The State Park in the SW side of the lake is decent.

If you want to be swarmed by BRA cops, rent a boat. They will stop & search you like your name is Mohammed Derka Derka Mohammed.

It’s much better looking at PK from a slight distance.
1A744961-7542-46F1-BAEA-DFA884492500.jpeg

16CE5209-BE73-4335-ACC2-72E5E8F727A3.jpeg

& watch out for hogs & deer on the local roads

^^^^^
That U-turn track right where the Trumpet laid over might have been mine, and if it was there was a right-hand h-bar/brushguard divot already there for the Trumpet to reuse. :lol2:

PM me if you need to know anything else specific about the area.

My #1 piece of advice is don’t listen to anything Mitch or Kevin has to say!

My granddad owned some of the land under the lake before it was flooded.

The better roads are to the west of the lake. Anything on the east side is just a buncha Dallas folks.

The State Park in the SW side of the lake is decent.

If you want to be swarmed by BRA cops, rent a boat. They will stop & search you like your name is Mohammed Derka Derka Mohammed.

It’s much better looking at PK from a slight distance.
View attachment 234858

View attachment 234859

& watch out for hogs & deer on the local roads
Thanks. If I have any questions I will be sure to ask. Haven't set a date or anything but looking to in the future.

Back