• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post a pic of your bike (Bandit 1250S peeps)

Somewhere on the road to Indy........

img4267q.jpg

Phil,

No muffler hanger bracket no matter how it's designed is going to allow you to adjust and mount any after market muffler and have it positioned like this on the Bandit, as this would require a whole new mid pipe to get it in that position, and seeing as how I have never seen an after market exhaust with a mid pipe like this for the Bandit, it appears that your going to have to keep on hoping. :trust:

Hoping it will be. I thought you might have mid-pipe capabilities.........maybe Dale.

Thanks.

I bet with a little masaging, if the midpipe is the same diameter on the SV and the Bandit, you could make an SV system work. It would be a cool project if you could find a cheap used high mount system to play with. It would all be a "project" though, and I know how my projects usually turn out. HA

Hoping it will be. I thought you might have mid-pipe capabilities.........maybe Dale.

Thanks.

I doubt Dale is going to want to spend the time and effort to make up a custom on off high mount mid pipe, as he does not do any of the bending of any of the tubing used in his slip-ons or headers in house, only the welding that is performed by his brother in law Paul, and it would probably cost a lot to have his bender fab up a on off high mount midpipe.

If you found a good welder and pipe fabricator they should easily be able to make you up a custom high mount mid pipe with no problems by either building one from scratch out of welded tubing sections, or by cutting the midpipe that came with your muffler and attaching aone end to the muffler and the other end to the header, weld in sections between the two to connect them after you first mounted the muffler with a custom bracket in the location you want it.

A guy over on Max-Suz that I have been making some custom parts for, for his really nice 2nd gen Bandit 1200 had a nice looking high mount midpipe fabricated for his Bandit, and for which I just made a custom billet muffler hanger bracket for.

Oh by the way, Dale at Holeshot has been bugging me to install one of his slip-ons on my Bandit, so fairly soon I will get one from him, and I have already made up a new muffler hanger bracket for it with the same dimensions as the stock bracket, that will look just like the new tubular bracket I made for my Super Trapp setup, as due to how it turned out, it has different dimensions that won't work with Dales slip-on or any others for that matter that use the stock muffler hanger bracket.

I also just finished up a bunch of little mods on my Bandit yesterday that I'll take some pics of and post up.

Heres some pics of that custom high mount exhaust on that 2nd gen Bandit 1200.

95858f06-1.jpg

c8bfa963.jpg

I've done a lot of smaller mods to my Bandit recently, and one of them was milling a ball mill pattern into the face on the stock crankcase cover, which I had already stripped and polished quite awhile ago, and after I milled in the ball mill pattern, I hand painted the recesses with gloss black paint.

It now matches me billet swing arm pivot caps that I had initially powder coated semi-gloss black, but decided that they would look better polished and with the same ball mill groove pattern. :rider:

IMG_3248-1.jpg

To compliment my smoothed and powder coated shock links, I made billet aluminum caps that I powder coated to match for the end of the bolt and the nut.

IMG_3191.jpg

I also made a billet powder coated cap for the side stand nut to match my smoothed and powder coated side stand.
IMG_3196.jpg

Just bought this photo of my first and only track day. What a great day!!!!

PhilStearnsNelsonLedgesMay2011.jpg

New rule: all motorcycle racers must now wear jerseys with numbers.

Back