• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post-apocalyptic photo shoot

Baja,
that is my '75 Land Yacht Airstream. it is my full time domicile.

:rider:

Believe it or not, I wish I had that and not you. ;-)
My kind of living.

edit;
better reword that. I would sure like to live in one like that.
did live in a camper, don't remember much about it.
I did like that life. Just my dog and I.

Last edited:
not to hijack the thread, but Baja, i love this lifestyle; when i zip off for a weekend or a week, no nagging guilt; i should have stayed home and mowed the yard, dusted the ceiling fans, fixed this or that. and, this small space prevents that tendency to collect STUFF...
i didn't know if 'living small' would work for me or not, so far (~3 years) it has.

It does assault the imagination ;-) . I agree with your thoughts on second rifle and the disappearing leg. The glare on the door from the light box jumps out at me. I don't know what to do about it, I just notice it too quickly. It looks like the camera is approximately even with her face/eyes? I think if it were a little lower she would look more foreboding.

I do like the idea, it would be fun to play with.....

Thanks Tim.... I just wish I was quick enough to catch these kinds of things before we were done shooting. I just get rushed trying to get the light right, but seem to miss the light! lol

I went back and looked at the pic again and the question came to mind about what are you trying to put into the person's mind when they first look at it?
To me it must say something coherent.

I tried to date the picture, then I tried to link the items together, and then I tried to place it in some location... Sorry, but it just seemed to confuse me and not really develop a (a what?), at a loss for the right word to use.

not to hijack the thread, but Baja, i love this lifestyle; when i zip off for a weekend or a week, no nagging guilt; i should have stayed home and mowed the yard, dusted the ceiling fans, fixed this or that. and, this small space prevents that tendency to collect STUFF...
i didn't know if 'living small' would work for me or not, so far (~3 years) it has.

I think you're doing it right. :rider

Some of the happiest times of my life were spent living simple in about that much space or less, and often with roommates.

To the picture,

I like it, but I agree with the foot being lost and the second rifle being a bit out of place. I don't see a problem with using the AR, but I think the older weapon is more visually interesting. A whole series of these could be cool. "Raiders of the apocalypse" or something.

Also, other than the AR, it has a certain timelessness to it. It seems like it could be anytime from 1950 to 2150.

All looked pretty good to me Scott. Maybe just a touch more contrast, something between the first and the second. Really love the last pic and super love that old camper. Totally different.

My first thought was being I would have to talk my way past
an armed host these had better be some tasty tacos in that
food truck:eat:

My first thought was, "I wish I had an Airstream". :drool: I've admired it in every photo in which it has appeared.

:thumb:

I once lived in a 31' Airstream and really enjoyed it. I wish I had it back! It was sold to a neighbor down the road who let it deteriorate. I tried to buy it back to no avail. When he died It was pushed into a pile, burned, and buried:rolleyes: I live too large and have way too much stuff...oh to simpler times:chug:

A different crop was suggested so here goes.... not really sure a different crop can make a so-so image better, but yeah - they are a different look to them. BTW, the first image posted was a 4x6 format.

Square:
i-5SqbwPP-L.jpg

8x10
i-DcKQtnv-L.jpg

Any different?

A different crop was suggested so here goes.... not really sure a different crop can make a so-so image better, but yeah - they are a different look to them. BTW, the first image posted was a 4x6 format.

Square:
i-5SqbwPP-L.jpg

8x10
i-DcKQtnv-L.jpg

Any different?

I think so.
More focused on the subject, and the (can't think of the word)...
Brings the (something) more to front of a person's mind/thoughts about what the picture portrays.

To me the subject is not the female there, but what is trying to be said/stated.

Last edited:
The original shows your 'good eye', Scott. I see the Airstream as some kind of safety vessel super-sealed against the dust. It's soft sheen increases the 'fog' of the reality she's in. Only safe for short periods while the mask is on..That kind of life.
First time I saw it, I could see the detail you put into it.
AttaBoy, girl!

The only thing that would have made this better is zombies, mutants or aliens!:eek2:

Back