• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Bounced around close to home testing out new panniers on the CB. So far so good.

EAtCNX6.jpg

jNGPNjy.jpg

k4qHu1i.jpg

Went on a ride with some friends from church today. Had to spread the TWT gospel to them.

We ran some big FM's from Granbury to Morgan Mills, Dublin, and Hico on to Fairy and finally had lunch at the Toad.

One of the Victories didn't make into the picture.
77a69f4a12366ef7bb4b2341b813bc03.jpg
848d5c7c71c25aeb6e0542c60000a91a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Had a lovely ride with my daughter yesterday. Nothing challenging but a decent four hour ride around the North Houston area.

We froze up FM 149, temp on the bike showed a brisk 49. Pretty sure that was wind chill. HWY 30 was quite a bit warmer but it wasn't until we hit Stella Southern Cafe in College Station that the sun really came out.

I highly recommend Stella for breakfast if you haven't been. I think it is the best breakfast in the area. Don't try brunch on a Saturday as the wait is forever.

From Aggieland we headed south through Allenfarm to Navasota. Sadly the big sunflowers had already been trimmed, it's my daughters favorite part of the ride. We found a quick stop at a farmers market just down from the VFW in Navasota. After running through all their honey samples we rode to Richards and FM 149 back home.

My daughters favorite part of the ride is the SENA headsets. She has my attention for the full ride and can unload about everything in her life. I heard about minecraft, future haircuts, and pets she plans to own upon graduating high schools. I hope when she is older these memories mean as much to her as they mean to me.

Attachments

• 120566913_3741440865889279_2358986866098229791_n.jpg
    120566913_3741440865889279_2358986866098229791_n.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 120755349_3740925852607447_2643611482606206079_n.jpg
    120755349_3740925852607447_2643611482606206079_n.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 120757981_3740925995940766_6503341485456591552_n.jpg
    120757981_3740925995940766_6503341485456591552_n.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 181
I treasure my rides with my daughter. My boys and I have music, sports and Jeep projects to bond over, but it's riding for me and my girl.

My daughters favorite part of the ride is the SENA headsets. She has my attention for the full ride and can unload about everything in her life. I heard about minecraft, future haircuts, and pets she plans to own upon graduating high schools. I hope when she is older these memories mean as much to her as they mean to me.

Same thing for me. Getting the communicators was the best thing I ever did for the two up rides with the kids. We have great conversations while riding. :thumb:

Since the weather has turned amazing, I've made it a habit to do a good half-day of riding each weekend. 200 to 250 miles, starting early and back just after lunch. I did very little riding over the spring and summer, and the riding I did do was on the XR out west. That's super fun, but it's also been great to start putting miles on the FJ09 again! It's easy to forget how much fun little 1/2 day rides like this can be - and how many really top-quality roads are out there. Traffic has been mild, weather has been splendid. Bike has been just this side of scary-fast. I don't have even a single photo from these rides to share - just happy to get out there and roll around central Texas some more! Yeah, I wish I had time to get to Cloudcroft, Moab, Colorado, Arkansas, but quick day rides have been really great distraction and good for my general well-being.

Get out there and ride!!

Since the weather has turned amazing, I've made it a habit to do a good half-day of riding each weekend. 200 to 250 miles, starting early and back just after lunch. I did very little riding over the spring and summer, and the riding I did do was on the XR out west. That's super fun, but it's also been great to start putting miles on the FJ09 again! It's easy to forget how much fun little 1/2 day rides like this can be - and how many really top-quality roads are out there. Traffic has been mild, weather has been splendid. Bike has been just this side of scary-fast. I don't have even a single photo from these rides to share - just happy to get out there and roll around central Texas some more! Yeah, I wish I had time to get to Cloudcroft, Moab, Colorado, Arkansas, but quick day rides have been really great distraction and good for my general well-being.

Get out there and ride!!
I try to go every Sunday for at least a few hours. Not as many miles as you but my RE is no FJ either :) I poke along on the country roads SW of Austin and love it - really relaxes the mind but keeps me focused at the same time. I'd like to ride every day, but working from home means work first, ride later. Saturdays are for family, so Sunday mornings it is for me. Good times for sure.

He has been de-smoged , more like a gelding. :lol2: edit. After thought. De smoged does make it a stallion.

Last edited:
Well I have no pics (left the camera home). Any who, just got back from a week in the Ozarks, was cool to cold in the morning, but very nice afternoon temps. Rained all day Saturday till late, so cut down on a day of riding, plus we were up visiting friends. Can't all be riding all the time.....

Today, I just rode to Walmart and back home. It was a nice ride though. I took the long way there on some country roads.

Went for a little loop today. (Google map link)

Saw online there was a little Statue of Liberty in Hallettsville, so figured I would take a ride down there.
Started in Katy to Brookshire, then took FM 1489 down to Simonton.
Headed to Eagle Lake on FM 1093, then got on Alt 90 to Hallettsville and found the statue.
liberty.jpeg

Was planning on eating at Novosad BBQ (never been there) while there, but found they are only open Friday and Saturday :(. Google maps said they were open today (I fixed that though).
Not a huge deal though since I was planning to ride up to La Grange anyway, and knew Prause's Meat Market was there, and I enjoyed it the last time I was there.
Headed up FM 957 to Schulenberg, then north on FM 2672. Saw a little church I thought was pretty and took a pic there:
IMG_7404.JPG

Not usually one to notice churches, but this one just seemed very pretty and stood out.
From there I caught 77 to La Grange.
And BTW, I had never been on 77 just south of La Grange, that is a fun little section of road when heading north (going downhill) on it. It was a nice little surprise.
Well, when I get to La Grange, I go to Prause's, and it is not there anymore? Apparently they had closed at the first of the year. Guess I am not supposed to have BBQ today :shrug: .
I started heading back towards Bellville via Fayetteville, thinking I would stop at Bellville Meat Market (I knew they were open).
By the time I got to Bellville though, I was not really hungry. so just kept heading home.
It started to sprinkle a little bit about 10 miles from home, but barely enough to get the windshield wet and a little on the helmet, as well as make it more humid.

Aside from the BBQ issues, it was a fun ride and a nice day for it. Got to see some places I had never been so that is what it is all about, right.

Went for a little loop today. (Google map link)

Saw online there was a little Statue of Liberty in Hallettsville, so figured I would take a ride down there.
Started in Katy to Brookshire, then took FM 1489 down to Simonton.
Headed to Eagle Lake on FM 1093, then got on Alt 90 to Hallettsville and found the statue.
View attachment 275970

Was planning on eating at Novosad BBQ (never been there) while there, but found they are only open Friday and Saturday :(. Google maps said they were open today (I fixed that though).
Not a huge deal though since I was planning to ride up to La Grange anyway, and knew Prause's Meat Market was there, and I enjoyed it the last time I was there.
Headed up FM 957 to Schulenberg, then north on FM 2672. Saw a little church I thought was pretty and took a pic there:
View attachment 275973
Not usually one to notice churches, but this one just seemed very pretty and stood out.
From there I caught 77 to La Grange.
And BTW, I had never been on 77 just south of La Grange, that is a fun little section of road when heading north (going downhill) on it. It was a nice little surprise.
Well, when I get to La Grange, I go to Prause's, and it is not there anymore? Apparently they had closed at the first of the year. Guess I am not supposed to have BBQ today :shrug: .
I started heading back towards Bellville via Fayetteville, thinking I would stop at Bellville Meat Market (I knew they were open).
By the time I got to Bellville though, I was not really hungry. so just kept heading home.
It started to sprinkle a little bit about 10 miles from home, but barely enough to get the windshield wet and a little on the helmet, as well as make it more humid.

Aside from the BBQ issues, it was a fun ride and a nice day for it. Got to see some places I had never been so that is what it is all about, right.
But you forgot the can of spray paint so you could deface the statue, I'm so disappointed in you.

Are they still having you eat outside? Last time no one was allowed inside. You placed order at the door and they brought it out to you.
Inside dining. I usually get my meal to go anyway and walk across the street to the little park & eat there. Plus, with the weather getting a little cooler, it's nice to sit outside under the trees and watch the world go by.

Today, a friend and I went on a nice ride through Lancaster then down to Waxahachie and back to my house. Took about an hour. Felt great leaving the house at 9:30 this morning. Currently I'm working on putting together a video of most of the ride. No audio though. The mic seemed to get disconnected shortly after hitting record.

Back