• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

53df4e5e345273ec721432d0e7e3b54e.jpg

Pie Run to Route 36 Cafe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got out for a morning dirt road ride. Weather was perfect once the fog lifted.

687A3F0E-87F9-4EF0-858B-6D2AE89C9BB4.jpeg

56846C1F-2C46-4C5C-93E9-E9B708CAF2FC.jpeg

Happened to find a charity tamale sale along the way and luckily had space in the tail bag for 3 dozen. Stopped later and had a roadside picnic.

62E0EAB3-87BB-4D78-8FC1-924E7CD5ACB4.jpeg

A856B105-353D-42A0-AEB5-40E37FA6DA5E.jpeg

Tamale juice, (aka grease) leaked so now my tail bag has a nice spicy aroma.

The trees are lookin particularly spectacular this Fall.....
...sumthin good to see this year

Jarrett....que up Neil Young's Rust Never Sleeps...and take a ride down Marquardt Rd
Then get on Welfare & go see the blenders ............?huh

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
To top this ride off, I got in a drag race with a Harley :)

I was about half a mile from home and pulled up to a stoplight. Guy on a Harley pulled up next to me on my left with his baseball cap on backwards. Did not look my way. No biggie, kinda used to that treatment from Harley riders. Not sure what model it was. One of the big, loud shaky ones without all the bags and stuff.

He didn't rev his engine and just sat there looking forward. I was thinking about chores I needed to do when I got home. The light turns green and he hammers it. I was caught off guard, but went ahead and hammered it a second later. The Tiger 900 is no speed demon, but it had no problem reeling that Harley in and blowing by it in short order :D

I gave him a thumbs up as I blew by. He gave no reaction and then purposefully stayed behind me until I turned off on my street a block or so later.

It was the cherry on top of a fantastic day of riding :rider:

Last edited by a moderator:

I was about half a mile from home and pulled up to a stoplight. Guy on a Harley pulled up next to me on my left with his baseball cap on backwards. Did not look my way. No biggie, kinda used to that treatment from Harley riders. Not sure what model it was. One of the big, loud shaky ones without all the bags and stuff.

He didn't rev his engine and just sat there looking forward. I was thinking about chores I needed to do when I got home. The light turns green and he hammers it. I was caught off guard, but went ahead and hammered it a second later. The Tiger 900 is no speed demon, but it had no problem reeling that Harley in and blowing by it in short order :D

I gave him a thumbs up as I blew by. He gave no reaction and then purposefully stayed behind me until I turned off on my street a block or so later.

I was out and about yesterday and went through and intersection by the house and a guy and a gal on a Harley were at the light. I waved and they gave no response. I laughed....In the country everyone waves,......well almost everyone.

I have to say, it was nice to see other motorcycles out and about in the Hill Country. I'm used to being the only ADV bike I see on my solo rides for the most part.

But yesterday, I saw all kinds of bikes running around. Harleys, of course, but not as many as I expected. I actually saw them stopped much more often than actually in motion.

Saw a bunch of ADV bikes surprisingly. Africa Twins, multiple GS'es. Saw several Triumph Tiger 800's which I have rarely ever seen in the wild in North Texas. Saw FJR's and Gold Wings and two different groups of Can Am Spyders. Saw a couple of groups of sport bikes. Saw a guy on a Tracer 900 GT in Kerrville. I've never seen another one of those around when riding. A group of dudes on 250 dual sports filling up in Utopia. Saw a dude on a Grom on River Road in New Braunfels. Two different dudes on Urals. That's a first as well.

Just pretty cool to see that kind of bike diversity while out riding for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Two different dudes on Urals. That's a first as well.

Just pretty cool to see that kind of bike diversity while out riding for a change.
I have never seen a Ural in the wild.

I have been sad that I have not been able to ride the past few days, has been amazing outside. I think I am going to just go for a ride out to San Antonio and back tomorrow just for the heck of it.

I have to say, it was nice to see other motorcycles out and about in the Hill Country. I'm used to being the only ADV bike I see on my solo rides for the most part.

But yesterday, I saw all kinds of bikes running around. Harleys, of course, but not as many as I expected. I actually saw them stopped much more often than actually in motion.

Saw a bunch of ADV bikes surprisingly. Africa Twins, multiple GS'es. Saw several Triumph Tiger 800's which I have rarely ever seen in the wild in North Texas. Saw FJR's and Gold Wings and two different groups of Can Am Spyders. Saw a couple of groups of sport bikes. Saw a guy on a Tracer 900 GT in Kerrville. I've never seen another one of those around when riding. A group of dudes on 250 dual sports filling up in Utopia. Saw a dude on a Grom on River Road in New Braunfels. Two different dudes on Urals. That's a first as well.

Beautiful pictures.

Yes, very cool to see other bikes out and about. Around here if I'm not on Hwy 149 (or that area) I don't see many at all. Now at the trailheads with the dirty bikes there are plenty.

J., No more greasy wooden bridges for you to cross (and crash) but lots of greasy concrete low water crossings...enjoy
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that so much.

I crossed a few dry ones yesterday. One was wet, but it was a natural bottom versus concrete, so I didn't worry about it so much.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that so much.

I crossed a few dry ones yesterday. One was wet, but it was a natural bottom versus concrete, so I didn't worry about it so much.
I slipped my strom on one unassuming low water concrete crossing one time when I was near the end of the ride and tired, not paying attention and down I went. Stoopid.

I actually saw it happen once to the best, most experienced rider I know. Those crossings don't discriminate.

I decided to go ride to San Antinio and back just for the heck of it.
I am debating doing an Iron Butt 1000 next year, so starting with some shorter trips to see how it goes.
Just did a trip down I-10 and back (~350 miles). Nothing real exciting, but did drive by the Alamo while there.
IMG_7527.JPG

They were doing some construction right in front of it, I was able to get a quick pick while stopped at the light.
I am wondering if I could go late at night and get a pic with the bike in front of the Alamo with it lit up?

It was actually a little cooler than I thought it would be, it was cloudy till I got to almost Luling, then the sun came out and it felt really nice. On the return trip it was sunny till Flatonia, then started cooling off again. I had taken off the inner liner when I got gas in San Antonio, so had to pull over and put it back on.

1000 prep, good for you! I'd need a different bike than I have to even think about it.

This gave me a flashback laugh :D

1606264508297.png

Fast moving water crossings are not to be taken lightly. I had the front wheel of my 1200 GS swept out from under me in 2" deep fast moving water on a concrete crossing in Arkansas. It happened INSTANTLY. It was hard to even stand on the crossing to pick up the bike and walk it across. Daniel was riding with me and once the bike was upright with us holding it, both of us and the bike were sliding toward the edge!!

There was a video of a guy on a KLR that tried to make a crossing and was swept downstream. He had a GoPro on. He was VERY lucky that he didn't get hung up in the debris of the tree roots and branches. The amount of the video that showed him being completely under water was VERY uncomfortable... I don't know what happened to the bike, but he was eventually able to grab onto something and make his way to the shore after going a LONG way down stream. He's lucky to have survived it.

Back