• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Second ride today, about 80 miles to Cameron and back, ate at Sissy's Saddle shop cafe, found some pretty bluebonnets on 190, and the smells of the blooming huaisache are unbelievable!!!

Attachments

• SISSYSCAFE.jpg
    SISSYSCAFE.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Yeah, the bonnets started coming out around here Wednesday, gonna be a great year for flowers!
002.jpg

Clod, I'm not sure if you have enough stuff on that DL. You could probably fit the kitchen sink on there somewhere... ;-)

Quick early morning spin to Lexington on dirt...saw hogs, deer, vultures, red-tailed hawk, and ducks on this pretty Alcoa pond:

Nice. You sure get alot of riding in. Work & play. Well done :clap:

Re: Post your Day Rides Here! Day 1 Vmax ride .

Day 1 took the Vmax out to pilot point via FM455 and 2164 ( I believe )

aah !!! what a beautiful overcast cool morning ride it was. \

pics attached !!!

Attachments

• 2012-03-17 09.27.34.jpg
    2012-03-17 09.27.34.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 2012-03-17 09.28.03.jpg
    2012-03-17 09.28.03.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 266
The weather was perfect this morning, so I took a little ride. I covered around 250 miles of a mixture of dirt roads and back roads. With all the rain we’ve had lately and the warm temperatures, everything is green and the wild flowers are starting to bloom. I saw a lot of folks out doing the same thing…

DSC00441.jpg

I rode through the Washington on the Brazos park. When I crossed the Brazos river, I wanted to stop and get a picture of how high it was, but there was way too much traffic.

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

Followed by some random back roads.

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

I all ways hate to see accident paint on the roads…

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

I saw this just down the road a ways. A harsh reality check…

DSC00457.jpg

Now for some dirt roads through the national forrest.

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

The glamour shot.

DSC00466.jpg

I think tomorrow I’m going to ride something without a headlight…

Morning looked a little sketchy with the weather, but the rain held off and it turned out to be beautiful here in Central TX. I went north from my home in Cedar Park, up through Florence and then saw a road going to Sharp Cemetery. The road was short, but great!

6991005215_aa79ca5d81.jpg

Hard packed dirt lots of greenery, no traffic! Just what I wanted to try out my new tires.

6844879102_957881c9ba.jpg

6844879282_cd76c27e95.jpg

After stopping at the cemetery to read the historical marker, I backtracked and then ended up taking Maxdale Rd west. I accidentally entered into the Ft.Hood/Killeen Regional Airport property. Not sure if that was ok or not, so I turned around and kept wandering west, eventually finding myself on County Rd 223 following the Lampasas? River.

6844879428_b320a993f1.jpg

That is a very nice road if you like to go slow and take in the sights. A few miles of hard-packed dirt/gravel was a lot of fun.

6991006063_8b2ce2c463.jpg

I ended up in Lampasas and then took 183/Reagan back to Cedar Park. Was a great ride!

6845080094_1e74536944.jpg

Nice reports guys! Rsquared is that a "Dakar Edition" 990? Drool....

Barron, is your front tire mounted correctly? I'd swear that pattern seems to go better the other way ;-)

The weather was perfect this morning, so I took a little ride. I covered around 250 miles of a mixture of dirt roads and back roads. With all the rain we’ve had lately and the warm temperatures, everything is green and the wild flowers are starting to bloom. I saw a lot of folks out doing the same thing…

The glamour shot.

DSC00466.jpg

I think tomorrow I’m going to ride something without a headlight…

Nice ride Roger! ;-)

Barron, is your front tire mounted correctly? I'd swear that pattern seems to go better the other way ;-)

Yep! Believe me, I triple-checked before I mounted it. :-) There are directional arrows on the sidewall for front or rear. Guess the tread is this direction in the front for more stopping traction as opposed to the rear for better pushing traction.

Every time we go out, we find new AWESOME roads that are day trips from where we live. We logged about 800 miles in the last 3 days throughout Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri. Didn't stop much for pictures, but here is a nice sunset from the balcony at The Hub near Harrison, AR (about 75 miles from home.)

0317121915.jpg

This was my first ride on the Yamaha since installing a lowering link and bar risers. Loving it!

:rider::nana:

Yes it is. This was my break-in ride...

Oh my... :hail: Dream bike...

barron said:
Yep! Believe me, I triple-checked before I mounted it. There are directional arrows on the sidewall for front or rear. Guess the tread is this direction in the front for more stopping traction as opposed to the rear for better pushing traction.

Ha... I learn something new every day :)

I took a quick little burn today after our morning snow melted just to run some gas through my 450 since it has been sitting for two weeks. It was so darned cold I didn't take any pics... 30 degrees with the wind chill into the mid-20s, not counting the 60mph induced wind that I was riding in.

Every time we go out, we find new AWESOME roads that are day trips from where we live. We logged about 800 miles in the last 3 days throughout Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri. Didn't stop much for pictures, but here is a nice sunset from the balcony at The Hub near Harrison, AR (about 75 miles from home.)

Hah, MsBehavin and I were at the Hub about 4 pm, and are in Harrison now. What's up?

Oh, just found the day ride thread. Here's one from last Sunday.

Last Saturday I rationalized away a good chance to make this ride over a nail in the tire of the wife's Tahoe and thunderstorm warnings all day. Well maybe it rained somewhere but nary a drop fell here and the tire repair could have waited. Not to be duped by the weather report again, I left the house at 4:30 Sunday morning 'cause I had to be back by 2:30pm. Pre-dawn misty fog all the way - no problemo. This is how The Fred Hartman Bridge looked when I crossed over the ship channel.
IMAG0573-XL.jpg

I captured FM2094 in Kemah.
IMAG0575-XL.jpg

Nobody's open yet on the boardwalk . . .
IMAG0577-XL.jpg

. . so I stopped at Taco Cabana for a quick bite.
IMAG0579-XL.jpg

Here's the marina in front of the boardwalk at dawn.
IMAG0580-XL.jpg

I don't want to say "Houston, we have a problem" but . . . .
IMAG0582-XL.jpg

. . I headed north on I-45 through Houston and was treated to a gear-soaking deluge the rest of the day. :argh:

Here's old Sam Houston in the rain.
IMAG0586-XL.jpg

The rain proved too much for my gear. I got drenched from the chest down but determined to make it to Easterly and claim my prize, FM2096. Heck I EARNED this one!
IMAG0587-XL.jpg

These signs are 2 digits and 175 miles apart. The ride home took another 2.5 hours. Odometer tally: 443. I rolled into the driveway at 2:30 sharp.

Last edited:
Nicely done Ken! Love the shot of the pre-dawn bridge and dawn breaking over the marina. :clap:

Great shots Ken! We rode creek beds and stayed low out of the wind. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t-gKKv7yuI"]Jack Branch near Clifton, TX - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L8C7GGLWbI"]Bosque River Action - YouTube[/ame]

Yes it is. This was my break-in ride...

:tab Dang... you should have called me! I can't believe I did not run into you. I was out and about on a lot of the same roads. I saw the same accident marks. It brought back some serious memories of my Dad's nasty accident at the same spot. I ran into some other TWT folks out at Yankee's, but I did not get out there until nearly 3:00pm. You were probably already home and getting ready for bed by then :-P

Hah, MsBehavin and I were at the Hub about 4 pm, and are in Harrison now. What's up?

Haha! Let me know when you are up this way again! We don't really need an excuse to ride around here, but always welcome a chance to ride with others.

I met MsBehavin once. She let me ride her Versys around the parking lot when I was shopping for bikes. My husband rides a Versys.

Last edited:
Rode about 70 miles today after the 3 inch rain last night with the intent of bettering my mud and water skills....had a wonderful day! Started out with the idea of actually counting water crossings, but got to 50 and then hit a half-mile long stretch of mud and slop SW of Gause and just gave up counting....ate at Herk's in Lexington.
First pic is the biggest crossing I've ever done, about 70 yards, and up to 18 inches deep. FYI, that same crossing was 1/2 mile wide and three feet deep last month when we got the 7 inches!!
Second pic was a turnaround....didn't want to attempt that FAST water!! :eek2:
Third pic was behind the ole Sandow RR maintenance terminal, with a tree across the road!! Had to fight the mud AND the tree!!
Fourth pic was heading into some of the sloppiest red/black mud I ever saw..see the doe tracks by my front tire? Thank God for 606's!
Fifth pic is on the Yegua, NW of Lexington..

More coming!!

Attachments

• water13CR44032012.jpg
    water13CR44032012.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 259
  • waterstop32012.jpg
    waterstop32012.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 248
  • watersandowRR32012.jpg
    watersandowRR32012.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 248
  • waterdeer32012.jpg
    waterdeer32012.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 244
  • wateryegua32012.jpg
    wateryegua32012.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
To continue,
1st and 2nd pic here is more serious mud!!
3rd picture shows a bent license plate and a little some washing to do when I get home...
4th and 5th are pics of Herk's and their Jalapeno Burger on Jalapeno bread!

I want to apologize to my riding buddies; this trip was a snap decision due to a cancelled appointment. What a day, and going forward I will be MUCH less apprehensive about both mud and water crossings! ;-)

:sun: :rider:

Attachments

• water60632012.jpg
    water60632012.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 245
  • waterlongstretch32012.jpg
    waterlongstretch32012.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 243
  • waterslop32012.jpg
    waterslop32012.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 259
  • herks32012.jpg
    herks32012.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 250
  • herksjap32012.jpg
    herksjap32012.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Between Mudd's videos and Gravel's pics, my palms are sweaty. I have all the admiration in the world for how you pull this stuff off.:clap:

What a great day you must have had Mark, awesome scenery, you got some great shots there man!

Back