• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Awesome day for a ride!! I made a big loop North of Bedias and then ran down back roads to Yankees for a break. Then ran backroads near 3090 to Anderson. Found the blue bonnets just South of Anderson on the way to Navasota via more back roads. The dirt roads were in great shape despite the recent nasty weather! Now if only the Forest Service would fix all the roads they have closed...
IMG_3865.jpg

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3868.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Where's the picture of you riding over that last bridge?
I didn't ride over that last bridge ;-) I walked over it... VERY carefully. Even with just my svelte self it was wobbling around. There was no way to even get the bike onto the bridge as it was completely washed off its piers.

South Tex

Forum Supporter
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Shannon
A Good Friday for a ride. Headed west of Poth again to find more dirt roads I haven’t ridden. Was not disappointed when I turned south just before Dewees. Good dirt roads with great scenery

Farm land and open cattle pastures. The roads have dried up pretty well since Wednesday’s storm. An occasional spot to keep you alert and dirty. Notice I’ve picked the driest path to tackle.

Then found some nice country closer to Pleasanton with lotsa shade trees canopying the road.

Looks like they got more wind than we did in Koscuisko, there were lotsa branches on the roads and a few trees blown over like this big ol’ timer.

Some farmers got plenty of firewood this year. Lucky for him it didn’t damage the fence.

Headed home with 186 miles and only about 15 being pavement. I tried to get aspr to tag along with his gps but he’s busy being a welders apprentice.