• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Mine currently has a Metz Karoo 3 on the front...& a Conti TKC70 rear....
I really like the front...even on the pavement....rear is ok...but not long lasting

In retrospect...I prob shouldve put the set of E 07 Dakars (old style) I had on the Strom...& kept with the Mich Anakee 3s on the Tenere for long mileage on both bikes

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
Cool...I like what I've read/heard about the Karoo 3s...think I'll give those a go.

Cant tell ya about the Karoo 3 on back....never tried one... But suspect a shorter life...kinda like a TKC80
Thats why I was tryin a TKC70 instead.... But disappointed in wear

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

So Daniel and I went riding on the GS this past Saturday. We pass through Riverside at Hwy 19 and continued East on FM 980. However, where 980 makes a loop up North, like an upside down horseshoe, there is a dirt road that cuts across the bottom, Old Staley Rd. W and Old Staley Rd., E. About half way down the East section I spotted an ominous shadow coming out of the trees just above us. Given my past experiences with Turkey Vultures, I expected it to be one of them. I started slowing and glanced up... to see the BIG eye of a Bald Eagle staring back down at me!! I wish I had been wearing some kind of helmet cam or something. This thing was HUGE! I could not believe how big the talons were! After a good eye to eye, it veered up and away from us and we never saw it again. But for about 5-6 seconds, it was just cruising down the narrow dirt road maybe 10 feet above us between the trees. Pretty cool!

So Daniel and I went riding on the GS this past Saturday. We pass through Riverside at Hwy 19 and continued East on FM 980. However, where 980 makes a loop up North, like an upside down horseshoe, there is a dirt road that cuts across the bottom, Old Staley Rd. W and Old Staley Rd., E. About half way down the East section I spotted an ominous shadow coming out of the trees just above us. Given my past experiences with Turkey Vultures, I expected it to be one of them. I started slowing and glanced up... to see the BIG eye of a Bald Eagle staring back down at me!! I wish I had been wearing some kind of helmet cam or something. This thing was HUGE! I could not believe how big the talons were! After a good eye to eye, it veered up and away from us and we never saw it again. But for about 5-6 seconds, it was just cruising down the narrow dirt road maybe 10 feet above us between the trees. Pretty cool!
I Kind of had a similar situation with a Turkey vulture, but not really. You hope they know their flight controls. Can see how that would be scary

I Kind of had a similar situation with a Turkey vulture, but not really. You hope they know their flight controls. Can see how that would be scary

I have hit several Turkey Vultures while riding. They hurt. I also had one "eject ballast" on me so he could gain some height :eek2: Fortunately, for that encounter I was driving a Toyota Forerunner at the time. A bunch of my long time buds were in the truck with me. At the same instant, we all realized what was about to happen, kind of like when you are in the process of slamming a finger in a door but you can't stop it from happening. We all screamed like little girls as I swerved in a vain attempt to get out from under it. No joy. There was road kill pooh all over the hood, windshield, and top of the vehicle. We arrived at our destination a few moments later, so it had not had time to dry. When I got out and made for the water hose, it was all I could do not to throw up in the yard. The other guys were all gagging and running away as well. It really is hard to describe just how putrid it was. :puke:

The thought of being hit by that while riding is ALWAYS present when I spot them while riding... :wary:

I have hit several Turkey Vultures while riding. They hurt. I also had one "eject ballast" on me so he could gain some height :eek2: Fortunately, for that encounter I was driving a Toyota Forerunner at the time. A bunch of my long time buds were in the truck with me. At the same instant, we all realized what was about to happen, kind of like when you are in the process of slamming a finger in a door but you can't stop it from happening. We all screamed like little girls as I swerved in a vain attempt to get out from under it. No joy. There was road kill pooh all over the hood, windshield, and top of the vehicle. We arrived at our destination a few moments later, so it had not had time to dry. When I got out and made for the water hose, it was all I could do not to throw up in the yard. The other guys were all gagging and running away as well. It really is hard to describe just how putrid it was. :puke:

The thought of being hit by that while riding is ALWAYS present when I spot them while riding... :wary:
Bad smell, but tastes delicious. Yes I'm sure it would really wreck the paint. Got to be pretty acidic.

Spent a couple of days in the Harrison Arkansas area recently. All paved, thought I'd try this newfangled route sharing thing to see if I could make it work.

GPX viewer

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Harrison AR day 1.gpx
    1.4 MB · Views: 287
  • Harrison AR day 2.gpx
    1.5 MB · Views: 273
Nice tracks Liteitup, thanks for sharing.

I was heading for East Texas today to visit family for a few days then Arkansas for a week but all this rain put a hold my plans. When it clears I will be heading for Colorado!

I don't mind when I can see them up ahead in the road and have time to slow down but when they're hidden in weeds until you are on top of them that gets scary!! I had a close encounter with (among other things) an actual turkey last week....

Sun came out this afternoon, so decided to take the Scrambler out and roll around Sienna and Sugarland. Got nozy looking for flood areas. Drove through about 2ft of water and got soaked, but had a blast!!🤣🤣🤣

Sun came out this afternoon, so decided to take the Scrambler out and roll around Sienna and Sugarland. Got nozy looking for flood areas. Drove through about 2ft of water and got soaked, but had a blast!!🤣🤣🤣

You never know...

Did two tanks of gas on stock tanks before reserve, or about 150 or so miles. Got inspection and tags for XR. Thorndale to Rockdale to Cameron to Davila and a few more. on mostly back and gravel roads. Love 1600 south of Cameron. The pictures are a gravel road from Davila 487 to San Gabriel area, one of my favorite. Lots of standing water. The road sign give the favorite road today in Milam County. I got in some slanted big white washed gravel from the flood that would not let loose, I had to stop and power out in first. Kept heading to the bar ditch. Just glad I didn't go down on that chunky stuff. Bud Adams Ranch Rd. off 1600 S. of Cameron is fun too.233903

A couple of weeks ago I traveled some occasionally very muddy roads to visit our friend Perry down in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana. At least there was a little gravel in this creek bottom that had been underwater just a couple days earlier:

Back