• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

My Dad got the thingy from one of the "Satan's Game", better known as GOLF shops, RON. I was surprised how good it worked.

Saw on another thread this morning that woodsguy was going riding in this Texas heat wave today. I got a little jealous plus put too much fuel in the 380, (Dripping out on the garage floor) so I went out for a 30 minute Moto around my home track. I didn’t count the laps but it’s about 1/2 mile flat track with some decent turns and a long straightaway to touch 5th gear.

Even being pretty shady it just got too hot so there won’t be a round 2. :giveup:I was impressed with the new temperature gauge radiator cap. I think the bike was cooler than me.

Note to self, don’t do as woodsguy. He’s probably still out riding !:hail:

Scrambling between showers! A little rain in the area but that made it cooler! Took the Triumph out and gave the Strom a day off! Scrambled around Iowa Colony, Rosharon and nether regions of Brazoria County.

No off road escapades, but still had fun. Those roads wind around and around, rode for a couple of hours. Lots more to explore!

Great pics. If I didn’t know better it looks like great cool weather.

Me and OneCan hit some East Texas dirt today. Did Wolf Hill Road, stopped in Zavalla at the Eagle’s nest for a drink. Durham Ranch Road to 1818, Hines Road to John Cobb and back to town. I will post videos of each stretch of dirt for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and OneCan hit some East Texas dirt today. Did Wolf Hill Road, stopped in Zavalla at the Eagle’s nest for a drink. Durham Ranch Road to 1818, Hines Road to John Cobb and back to town. I will post videos of each stretch of dirt for anyone interested.

Yep! Post those vids! Thx

I rode the “dirty” north end of Sander’s route from last Saturday. Even went up to the cross overlooking Castroville. Nice view. The rain showers in the last week meant no dust and a bit more water, puddles, etc.

I have started my summer routine of riding early - we left my house at 730 and were home by 1130.

Nice ride! thx for posting. Where exactly is this area? Would love to ride that. @stephensatt @my6 @polarbeardj @SilverBullet

CR 365
bf804bb6fed5f745c83429cd7ad9b55f.jpg

From Lufkin, you can catch quite a bit of dirt with some pavement in between. From the house, FM58 to Cotton Thompson to Hines to FM1818 to Durham Ranch to Zavalla then you can hit the Forest Service roads and loop back. Pretty good half day to full day excursion.

Friday night after 10:PM. Night crawling, still hot but made the icee taste even better.

Attachments

• B18C2631-13D6-4525-A123-FE4C24F7CBD4.jpeg
    B18C2631-13D6-4525-A123-FE4C24F7CBD4.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 187
Needed my weekly dirt road fix so headed out to get lost in Dewitt county. Also got a pair of rally pegs from spiritatbay and I had yet to try them out properly. Found a few nice long dirt/gravel roads and a few great shady ones.

Ended up in Nordheim before I really knew where I was. Stopped at the Cactus drive inn which was apparently abandoned as was the Exxon gas station.

Stopped in Panna Maria on the way home so Pope John Paul II could bless my bike.

Made it home just over 100 mile round trip. The rally pegs make a big difference when doing a lot of standing. The new Walmart version camelback got a try out also. Water on demand is a very good thing.

Where in the world is the sun out like that. Houston is rainy last couple of days! Looks like a beautiful ride though. That's what I'm loving about cycling!

It's too hot to ride until maybe October .

Stickers ??? We don't need no stinking STICKERS !

Reactions: my6
Back