• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

@Tourmeister dude, you were in the area we Houston guys typically ride. Too bad we missed ya! Probably spur of the moment, but if you come this way again holla! Would love to meet up and ride with ya a bit!

The vast majority of my rides are spur of the moment. I rarely know if I am going to be able to go ride until maybe an hour or so before I actually head out the door. On the days when I am on call for work, I might go ride, but the ride can end at any moment when the pager goes off or I get a call. When that happens, I have to head home immediately.

c4b24ee1a271be759e501dd191245fbe.jpg

Short morning ride before it heats up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did a day ride Monday to Camp Herne. A WW2 German prison camp. It was closed so we couldn't go in. Need to see when it is open for tours. Bout 150 miles in all. That is Boulder Ed on his BMW.

Attachments

• August day ride.jpg
    August day ride.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 195
  • August day ride 2.jpg
    August day ride 2.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 186
Did a day ride Monday to Camp Herne. A WW2 German prison camp. It was closed so we couldn't go in. Need to see when it is open for tours. Bout 150 miles in all. That is Boulder Ed on his BMW.
Thanks,! Didn't know this place existed. The wife and I are reading up on it now.

Thanks,! Didn't know this place existed. The wife and I are reading up on it now.
It is a story book tale. It was crazy. All the German mail to prisoners went through this camp. A few stayed after the war. The sad thing is it was an internment camp for Japanese American citizens (not many). If you find out when a tour is let us know. Eat at Johnny Rebs Dixie Café in Herne if you go, It opens at 10:30 and we were too early :(

It is a great place to eat. The décor is Civil War with lots of pictures. Southern Cooking even grits and homemade biscuits. Chicken fried steak or Chicken, meatloaf fried okra baked potatoes all the way. yum. When it gets cooler I will ride back.

Are you serious? Wow! You guys better leave Jarett alone. Seems there's a communicable disease going around! Nice score!!

Are you serious? Wow! You guys better leave Jarett alone. Seems there's a communicable disease going around! Nice score!!
Dont worry. He had to blow up a bike to be ready to buy this one

There will be photos of me riding a wheelie on it soon

Southtex quote. "A day ride in the truck to TJ’s and this followed me home. "

748653.gif

Last edited:
FX 350. I rode it up and down the driveway a few times and it feels a lot like my 701. I’ll do a few laps on my track tomorrow to break it in and then the 1 hr initial oil change.

You got the white one in a sea of orange opportunity. I love the H brand.
He had to match the 701. We discussed it vs the 350 xcw. But the brand of McQueen won
FX 350. I rode it up and down the driveway a few times and it feels a lot like my 701. I’ll do a few laps on my track tomorrow to break it in and then the 1 hr initial oil change.
That way it's ready for me to ride[emoji1787][emoji23]

Back