• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Ok, had to go try out the new Fox Shocks! Got a short trip in to Brazos River Park in Angleton.

Have you got the lift for it I ran into a guy that did and he talked about getting a larger front wheel. He was a hard off road guy idk how you can make it on it but it looked sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmmm.....no I don't. So he has a 21 inch front? The 19 seems fine, but I would like to know more. They make a high fender kit so that wouldn't be a problem. Seems like the speedo and ride modes might be though.

Hmmmm.....no I don't. So he has a 21 inch front? The 19 seems fine, but I would like to know more. They make a high fender kit so that wouldn't be a problem. Seems like the speedo and ride modes might be though.

He got the stuff from the dealer. In the rear it was spacers the front idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you got a ride on the shocks... AND!? How were they?

Don't spend a ton of money trying to turn your scrambler into a full on dirt bike. You'll just end up spending a bunch of money you could have spent on a proper dirt bike and your scrambler still won't handle as well. It's kind of like the guys that dump tons of money into KLRs trying to get them to handle like a KTM :-P End the end, they still have a KLR and it never handles as well as a stock KTM.

So you got a ride on the shocks... AND!? How were they?

Don't spend a ton of money trying to turn your scrambler into a full on dirt bike. You'll just end up spending a bunch of money you could have spent on a proper dirt bike and your scrambler still won't handle as well. It's kind of like the guys that dump tons of money into KLRs trying to get them to handle like a KTM :-P End the end, they still have a KLR and it never handles as well as a stock KTM.
Shocks were awesome! Believe me they were necessary even for street riding. The difference is night and day. Not trying to turn it in to a dirt bike, but it will be my general purpose bike until I get a true Dual Sport capable bike.

Synth and @my6 were up and at it early this morning! Braving the heat and not in the least bit scared of probable thunderstorms. Decided to try a route headed out west from Katy that we got from @Mr. Clortho . Decent route, lotta pasture land, but what else is there around here? Probably 30% gravel/dirt and the rest pavement. Gotta find some more wooded areas. Ran into a private road sign where both of our GPS units and the route were showing as county road. Decided not to chance it, since someone went thru the trouble to make a really nice sign. Found a dirt road a couple miles up that went the same way. Oh....and found a little something for @Windmill too! Take aways...hot, but a great ride! The Scrambler is an extremely fun bike on and off the pavement!

Whoo... it was a cooker up here today! :sun:

I took Daniel for a ride this afternoon, wandering the back roads between Huntsville and College Station. Most of the time the temp was in the 100-102 range, but we did see 105 :suicide: We stopped in Bedias at the nice Smiley's Shell station. They keep it nice and cold in there. We got ice creams and Gatorade. Then we ended up at Rudy's BBQ in College Station for sammiches and more Gatorade. We took a different route back, but still came back through Bedias for another stop at the Smiley's to cool off and get more to drink.

So long as we were moving, I was fairly comfortable. The moment we stopped though... :eek2: I was wearing my LD Comfort leggings, a regular cotton tee shirt, and my KLIM Badlands Pro jacket/pants with ALL the vents fully open. The XD-4 vents pretty well and with the silver color, my head doesn't get too hot. Even when I left the helmet out on the bike during lunch, it wasn't that hot when I put it back on. I stopped so frequently because I had Daniel with me and I did not want him getting over heated. His gear doesn't vent as well. He's normally pretty chatty over the intercoms, but he was mostly quiet today, which made me think the heat was getting to him even though he never complained about it.

Sooo, I’ve been enjoying my fx350. Dirt/sand puts a smile on my face. Here’s the Dunlop AT81 on the rear

Today I got back out and did gravel/dirt on my 701. Wow!, big difference and a slippery rear tire with the tkc80.

Time for a new rear!

Sooo, I’ve been enjoying my fx350. Dirt/sand puts a smile on my face. Here’s the Dunlop AT81 on the rear

View attachment 241742

Today I got back out and did gravel/dirt on my 701. Wow!, big difference and a slippery rear tire with the tkc80.

View attachment 241743

Time for a new rear!
Guinea pig a Bridgestone AX41 for us! I'll give ya 10 bucks on it!

That tires got plenty of life left unless you are planning a long trip. Remember kids..."If you can't see thread, there must be tread."

That tires got plenty of life left unless you are planning a long trip. Remember kids..."If you can't see thread, there must be tread."
He hates that rear tire on the 701

View attachment 241742

View attachment 241743

Time for a new rear!

That TKC still has plenty of tread!! You aren't even down to the wear bars. You obviously need to spend more time power sliding through corners so you can use some of the outer blocks instead of just the center :-P

That TKC still has plenty of tread!! You aren't even down to the wear bars. You obviously need to spend more time power sliding through corners so you can use some of the outer blocks instead of just the center :-P
Got any videos of yourself performing said power slides on the old GS? 😉 Show him how it's done!

Back