• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Took my daughter for her first ride on her new bike. did some start and stop drills, figure eight and small track riding. She is picking it up much faster than I expected. Sound like she had a blast.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Gonna need some photo's GG.
Sorry we were pressed for time and didn't stop! :doh:

What a fantastic day for a ride! I took the wife out on the back of the ST1100 and we did about 100 miles and then had some lunch.

I saw another TWTer at 304 and 71 in Bastrop as well.

http://goo.gl/maps/DrKLE
Nice route, Joel!

Took my daughter for her first ride on her new bike. did some start and stop drills, figure eight and small track riding. She is picking it up much faster than I expected. Sound like she had a blast.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Awesome!

And, I made a good 150 today to east central Austin and back, found some nice roads near 969 and north, Taylor, Nechez Trace, Gilbert, and then headed north towards Bastrop and nearly got lost on Ingrid, bunch of girl named roads, then came back out on 969 to 1704.....and home....:sun:
Pic1) Nice ranch at the end of gravel Gilbert Rd. past the new school....which had announcements in english and spanish for all the kiddos.
Pic2) Visited the pretty glass/wood pavilion at the Travis Cty. park on Blake Manor Rd.
Pic3) A beautiful touring Strom next to a sweet Vette......somewhere in a lil central Texas town! ;-)

Attachments

• GilbertRd.jpg
    GilbertRd.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Travispkblakemanor.jpg
    Travispkblakemanor.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Waytogo.jpg
    Waytogo.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 192
Made about 180 or so today, working to Lago Vista and back, rode aransas bend park and looked at some partially developed real estate.....nice trails all over the place......rode nameless on the way home......but it's not really nameless is it?

Pic1) Looking north near the water at Aransas Bend Park
Pic2) Back up in the cove a bit.....shows the lack of water better (worse?!)
Pic3) Looking at Real Estate in Lago! :lol2:

A tad windy...but a great day!!

Attachments

• LaketravisNorth.jpg
    LaketravisNorth.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 201
  • Laketravis413.jpg
    Laketravis413.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Lagorealestate.jpg
    Lagorealestate.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 197
#2 is a nice shot of a bad situation. Looks like a fun day "in the office".
Thanks Bruce....boy we all need to pray for rain......
And, made another 130 or so today, saw the crew (and even healing Fred!) at Ken's.....
Pic1) obligatory bluebonnet shot
pic2) outstanding in the field, near Structure, Texas.

Attachments

• bluetypebonnets413.jpg
    bluetypebonnets413.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 210
  • outstanding413.jpg
    outstanding413.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 195
Thanks Bruce....boy we all need to pray for rain......
And, made another 130 or so today, saw the crew (and even healing Fred!) at Ken's.....
Pic1) obligatory bluebonnet shot
pic2) outstanding in the field, near Structure, Texas.
Great shots!

That spot looks familiar...FiddyK saw a line up the bank...

FiddyK rides Lake Travis - YouTube

Cool Jake! Minus my panniers I'd a tried it! :sun:

And, what a day to ride today.little over 100 miles...had lunch with a good friend, found a nudist colony not far from McDade, and lots of flowers to behold....love that red dirt and shade all round....
Pic1) Nudist colony/ranch "Star Ranch" having a nude 5K this weekend...c'mon all you runners!! :rofl:
Pic2) More flowers in the sandy country....:sun:

Attachments

• Nudist413.jpg
    Nudist413.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 197
  • masflores413.jpg
    masflores413.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 196
Mark, we haven't heard from you since you found the nudist colony...Mark? Mark?

Mark, we haven't heard from you since you found the nudist colony...Mark? Mark?

Went riding fully clothed with Sweetwife yesterday and today! (as far as YOU know!!!) :lol2:

Attachments

• TOWNbuzz.jpg
    TOWNbuzz.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 177
To Bastrop and back, lunch with DaveTx, rode Sayers, found a cool sandy lane off of big sandy road, and saw MotoTex in surprising good condition! He can put some weight on his leg and I am so glad to see that healing process continue! :sun:
On the way home I was feeling flippant and the KLR needed a nap.......
Pic1) An Odor of Verbena
Pic2) Hush little baby, night night.......

Attachments

• verbena2013.jpg
    verbena2013.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 183
  • verbenanap2013.jpg
    verbenanap2013.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 178
Made about 260 miles today (so far).......
Took the Quota transmission to MPH in Houston:
Pic1 - Leaving, yes there is a tranny in that box!
Pic2- Harris county Polo fields, stretch break
Pic3- MPH, a busy place!!

I left at 7:30 am, was about 75 and balmy, got rained on between Deanville and Brenham but it was warm and I dried out nearly between Chappell Hill and Katy..
The way home was a real stinker, I don't have rain pants and my boots and pants were soaked and was chilly on the way home....I wonder what 60MPH heading into rain and a 20MPH+ north wind on a 55 degree day translates into, windchill wise.....it was brisk! :sun:
I can't wait to get the Quota back on the road!!

Attachments

• Guzzitrans.jpg
    Guzzitrans.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 204
  • PoloHarris.jpg
    PoloHarris.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 190
  • MPH2013.jpg
    MPH2013.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 192
You picked a heck of a day to run down ta Katy Double-G. I broke down and got some rain pants after the last drench'n.

You picked a heck of a day to run down ta Katy Double-G. I broke down and got some rain pants after the last drench'n.
Life picked it, Slim......I just had to get it done! And, I've got something for you at Ken's next time......Yeah I need some water britches!!:sun:

Cool, found a nudist colony not far from McDade, and lots of flowers to behold.....
Pic1) Nudist colony/ranch "Star Ranch" having a nude 5K this weekend...c'mon all you runners!! :rofl::sun:

I KNEW there was somewhere else I was planning on being that day:trust:, but couldn't remember where. I ended up riding with Swamp Fox & Old Timer that day instead,:rider: see RR "In Honor of Moses Rose".

Planning to meet a buddy in Lake Jackson tomorrow morning and ride down to Galveston for the day. I'll be sure to grab some pics.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

The wife an I are looking for a way to spend today.
She remembers in Texas Monthly an article about a an archeological find in Waco.

http://www.waco-texas.com/cms-waco-mammoth/page.aspx?id=174

In reading the site, it sits on 100 acres. Sounds impressive and well, any excuse makes for a good ride.
100 miles to Waco from Granbury, with a stop at the Story Book Cafe in Glenrose for a good sandwich, and stop in at the visitor center at the dig site. $16.00 later............
Walk down a trail about 100 yards, enter a building that's about 100 X 100 and there's the dig. All of it. In one building. 100 x 100. But it does really sit on a 100 acre property!
In truth it was interesting and the docent did a bang up job of presenting the material.
There are several remains, full and partial, at the site, which spans about 10,000 years.
We were in awe that we're standing on a walkway looking down on these creatures who arrived here 50,000 years before we did this afternoon, and that their ancestors had drunk from the same watering hole, and died in the same place as they.
It was a good ride. Andd we left before we drank that same water!

The wife an I are looking for a way to spend today.
She remembers in Texas Monthly an article about a an archeological find in Waco.

http://www.waco-texas.com/cms-waco-mammoth/page.aspx?id=174

In reading the site, it sits on 100 acres. Sounds impressive and well, any excuse makes for a good ride.
100 miles to Waco from Granbury, with a stop at the Story Book Cafe in Glenrose for a good sandwich, and stop in at the visitor center at the dig site. $16.00 later............
Walk down a trail about 100 yards, enter a building that's about 100 X 100 and there's the dig. All of it. In one building. 100 x 100. But it does really sit on a 100 acre property!
In truth it was interesting and the docent did a bang up job of presenting the material.
There are several remains, full and partial, at the site, which spans about 10,000 years.
We were in awe that we're standing on a walkway looking down on these creatures who arrived here 50,000 years before we did this afternoon, and that their ancestors had drunk from the same watering hole, and died in the same place as they.
It was a good ride. Andd we left before we drank that same water!

Thank you for the tidbit of history! :sun:

Went and met a buddy in Angleton today for a little ride. We ran down to Surfside and took the San Luis Pass to Galveston. We cruised the Seawall and grabbed some crawfish for lunch. Beautiful weather and excellent day.
yvura6a8.jpg

e5a3e7y3.jpg

ehemeguh.jpg

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Did an after lunch ride up to Palomar Mtn via Nate Harrison Grade which is basically a dirt road up the west side of the mountain that runs though Palomar State park. At least partially. Some of it is on Indian Reservation land. Once I got to the top I had a Mexican coke and bag of peanuts from the little store then rode down the south grade (the really twisty road that everyone loves) then back up and over then down Nate Harrison Grade.

About a 130 miles total from the Barracks up there and back.

48062_10201087905145906_1308969958_n.jpg

69036_10201087905185907_1026303044_n.jpg

Just on the east side of Palomar State Park
64154_10201087847904475_96332807_n.jpg

This one lane "road" looks like it hasn't been maintained since it was originally put in. At random spots you find huge potholes and ruts where half the road is gone. This was in the state park
59906_10201087851504565_86927410_n.jpg

9996_10201087852544591_1396845421_n.jpg

Wonder how long this sign has been down. The road looks like it gets very little traffic.
46222_10201087853504615_311291606_n.jpg

27989_10201087866784947_1584239065_n.jpg

The dirt road you see below is part of Nate Harrison Grade. It winds and snakes it way up the side of the mountain starting at around 400 feet and ending at 5600ish feet once you get into Palomar state park. Parts of it have a steep drop off that would have you tumbling 100+ feet to the next "step" if you went over the side.
375888_10201087867944976_1197230036_n.jpg

Edit-

Interesting history on the road that someone on ADV rider found

http://www.sandiegotraveltips.com/public/Nate_Harrison_Grade_Adventure.cfm

Did an after lunch ride up to Palomar Mtn via Nate Harrison Grade which is basically a dirt road up the west side of the mountain that runs though Palomar State park.

That area is on my bucket list for the next year. I have heard that area are having the most technical road in southern California...Route 76 near Escondido—aka Palomar Mountain Road—looks like a cool 20+ mile road...epic that swoops and climbs through the mountains of Cleveland National Forest. From the maps it looks like back-to-back hairpin turns, multiple decreasing-radius turns and smooth pavement that lets you lay it down.

:rider:

RB

That area is on my bucket list for the next year. I have heard that area are having the most technical road in southern California...Route 76 near Escondido—aka Palomar Mountain Road—looks like a cool 20+ mile road...epic that swoops and climbs through the mountains of Cleveland National Forest. From the maps it looks like back-to-back hairpin turns, multiple decreasing-radius turns and smooth pavement that lets you lay it down.

:rider:

RB

76 runs at the base of Palomar Mtn. The road that everyone rides is generally the "South Grade" and it does have really good pavement. The "East Grade" past the general store at the top has rougher pavement and less curves and elevation change. But either end of the road connects back into 76.

If you ever get out here while I'm here we'll link up and I'll take you on a day or two tour of all the famous/great roads in the area.

So far the two biggest (famous) ones I've been on out here have been Palomar and Mullholand Hwy. No I didn't see Leno when I was on it :giveup:

The road coming over the hill from Banning California is pretty amazing too. From almost sea level to 5000+ feet and you can still see the city from the side of the hill :rider:

Back