• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

0e4bccb1c21031f4f2645fe59625f342.jpg

b896376cbde900973b933b9252bf1db1.jpg

679d335c77472f674ad4c8b5ca3a1a49.jpg

Me and a buddy did 130 miles of gravel
This morning. Ran into a old Bridge I use to cross that they blocked off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did a day ride Monday to Camp Herne. A WW2 German prison camp. It was closed so we couldn't go in. Need to see when it is open for tours.

I went there a couple years ago with the Centex CAF wing from San Marcos, in the B-25 Yellow Rose. The camp is very cool, and the small museum is well done and surprising. This camp was for German brass, and there are many tales of generals and such that were certain they would be tortured and killed, only to be treated very well, and completely change their view of America. Many stayed, and all others returned to tell the poor brainwashed masses how well we treat POW's.
We were there when a re-enactment group was. That's worth finding out about and seeing.

Rode to Taylor HEB and back home. $45 bucks of groceries in tail bag. They have Pecos Cantaloupe and I love them. They are so sweet. 1.99 each. Ended up about 60 miles home by 10:30. Too much top weight so going home was not as much lean on the turns. Oh and a curbside breakfast of beagle and BeanieWeanies.

Alrighty then! Cooled off pretty good around 7pm, do decided to go for a neighborhood Scramble. Sienna is getting pretty daggone big these days so you can ride around for quite some time and never leave the neighborhood.

Yep, good call on that one. I think I should ride it on your track though![emoji2962]

We could film Scramble Me 3 and release it as a Triumph promotional video. They'd sell millions!!![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I'd try some woods riding on it!

Went for a few good laps on my home track this morning. As I’m zipping along I pass a new hole/burrow that wasn’t there last ride. Curiosity gets me and I stop to look on the next lap.

Notice I park right next to it. So I hop off and casually walk around to get a better view.

My high pitched scream could probably be heard for about two counties over when this popped up to greet me. Suddenly I realize Mrs. Badger is between me and the bike. Fortunately I left it running, so after the 50 yard circle to get in the safest tactical position, I made a dash for it. Hopped on slammed first gear and roosted for about 100 yards. Hopefully she moves out before my next ride but at least it’s on a straight away so I won’t need to slow down.

Went for a few good laps on my home track this morning. As I’m zipping along I pass a new hole/burrow that wasn’t there last ride. Curiosity gets me and I stop to look on the next lap.

View attachment 241360

Notice I park right next to it. So I hop off and casually walk around to get a better view.

View attachment 241361

My high pitched scream could probably be heard for about two counties over when this popped up to greet me. Suddenly I realize Mrs. Badger is between me and the bike. Fortunately I left it running, so after the 50 yard circle to get in the safest tactical position, I made a dash for it. Hopped on slammed first gear and roosted for about 100 yards. Hopefully she moves out before my next ride but at least it’s on a straight away so I won’t need to slow down.
Please come clean this coffee off my monitor! I imagined this scream and I'm still laughing! Stupid, vivid imagination!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So when does the wildlife refuge portion open? Guided motorcycle tours of the South Tex Wilderness Reserve.....get some elephants, gazelles and the sort to go with that 🦡. If you have any water crossings, get a crocodile or two.

Lived here most my life and this is the first time I've heard of a badger in Texas. Well at least one with four legs...😉

Only the third I’ve ever seen and the first one up close and personal. :eek2:

How large do you suppose it was? You gonna skin that varmit?

While she was growling eye to eye I’d say about 375 lb. now that I’m safely far far far away I’ll guess 20lb. And nope, she can live and keep catching smaller rodents and maybe a few snakes. I’ll just go put an obstacle there to keep her safe on the track.

Loss weight did she? 🤣🤣🤣Good deal, now I really got to get out there....with the exotic animals and all. If you spot any chupacabbras, bigfoots or the misc Teradactyl please let us know.

Happened too quick to get a pic but Sunday when @StromXTc was here, we came around a turn and almost wiped out on 2 sows and a few dozen lil squealers. I got 3 tanks and a semi dry creek so there’s lotsa critters out here.

Excerpt from above article:

"Distribution
They occur west of the Great Lakes region throughout the Great Plains and Rocky Mountains. Locally, they are most common in portions of West and South Texas although they occasionally are sighted in the eastern part of the state."

You got a shout out! So it was obvious you have Badgers!!

While she was growling eye to eye I’d say about 375 lb. now that I’m safely far far far away I’ll guess 20lb. And nope, she can live and keep catching smaller rodents and maybe a few snakes. I’ll just go put an obstacle there to keep her safe on the track.
Nicer man then I

Wow really rare. I think you should divert the track from the den. Really amazing never seen one .

When I lived out there I had one on my place tried to catch it sun of a guns can turn in there own skin still scars me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back