• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Nothing but a normal commute today, notice this on the ride home. Check the miles.

Attachments

• 5AA6601C-122F-4511-BEDA-350F418DA76B.jpeg
    5AA6601C-122F-4511-BEDA-350F418DA76B.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 188
TexTom and his wife joined me and my wife for breakfast at Tortilla Flat on Sunday. I failed to take ANY photos, but I might be able to pull some video off the bike if I remember. It was good to meet the two of them and welcome them to Arizona. Right now is a perfect time to ride as it's 60 in the morning and 95 in the afternoon, and that's only going to get better for the next 4 months.

The map shows the Apache Trail coming out of Apache Junction to the east of Mesa. The distance shown on the map from Youngberg to Tortilla Flat (Flat, not Flats) is less than 20 miles but the speed limit varies from 15-25-35 all along the way. The entire road was resurfaced within the past six months and it was glorious. The trail is closed at Tortilla Flat due to the major flooding we had in mid-September. The road is paved for another 9 miles past Tortilla Flat and then it's graded dirt all the way to the back side of the Roosevelt Dam just north of Globe. The Apache Trail is the original stage coach route and the supply route from Phoenix to where they were building the dam.

If you're not familiar with the Apache Trail just take a look at these images on Google: https://www.google.com/search?q=apa...1p_lAhVHu54KHYLjBAwQ_AUIEygC&biw=1920&bih=921

Tortilla Flat.png

Took a nice ride southwest this morning. Headed around Choke Canyon state park and stopped in Tilden at the Boot Hill Cemetery.

@StromXTc had showed me a country road south of Tilden and I’ve been wanting to see it. I was not disappointed. Lots of wide open ranch land.

Then made my way over to Dilley and saw their old fire truck.

Then stopped in to pick my friends brain about my beemer over lunch. He’s got an older one with a few miles.

Finally headed back home and ended up in one road construction after another. I’ve always got an eye out for a pretty church.

265 miles of nice weather riding today.

Took a nice ride southwest this morning. Headed around Choke Canyon state park and stopped in Tilden at the Boot Hill Cemetery.

View attachment 245702

View attachment 245701

@StromXTc had showed me a country road south of Tilden and I’ve been wanting to see it. I was not disappointed. Lots of wide open ranch land.

View attachment 245703

View attachment 245704

Then made my way over to Dilley and saw their old fire truck.

View attachment 245705

View attachment 245706

Then stopped in to pick my friends brain about my beemer over lunch. He’s got an older one with a few miles.

View attachment 245707

View attachment 245708

Finally headed back home and ended up in one road construction after another. I’ve always got an eye out for a pretty church.

View attachment 245709

265 miles of nice weather riding today.
Holy moly. Any major work on that old beemer?

Lbj Grasslands tonight

6c453e9b8f245a04e1a99d02be40f7ac.jpg

You know a steak pic will be coming soon [emoji23]

No corn tonight, I brought rice!

Got up this morning. 46F, brrr. And I'm going to ride my bike that doesn't power electric gear and has ZERO wind protection? Of course!

Got the kid shoved out the door to school and I suited up. I headed one town over for some coffee and breakfast. Yum!

DSC00260-L.jpg

Then I headed over to OldTLSDoug's place through all the small towns to the south of DFW while I avoided boring highways. This strategy also kept my speeds down and thus the wind chill down. It warmed up into the lower 60's on the way over. We poked around the shop for a bit then headed to mitchntx's place. Doug and I swapped bikes back and forth on the way there. SuperDuke and GSX-S1000 are both similar concept upright naked liter bikes, but completely different in the engineering approach. Both are lots of fun. We were going to help with farkling of a KTM but by the time we arrived the wrench turning was complete so all that was left to do was enjoy lunch. I got in about 240 miles in today and the weather was spectacular this afternoon.

DSC00267-L.jpg

Southtex, man, you were way out there in the Boondocks. There's a lot of nothing out there just straight roads but it's pretty beautiful in its own way. Guess you were on Old fowlerton Road and linked up with LaSalle McMullen County Line. Actually not too many public roads out there most of them end up against locked Gates just when you think you're getting somewhere good.

Back