• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

It's tax time in Texas and they're striking up the band. First head to head over to beeville and get my bike inspected, then back to George West and paid the license plate off, did the early voting, and finally the property taxes. First little day ride in 3 months.

Got home 10 minutes later pager went off and made a landing zone for our regional Halo flight. unconscious stroke victim but had regained consciousness by the time she was put on the bird

Took a nice ride this morning the long way to Poth to vote. The election was at the church today, probably so you can pray the government does the right things.

Kinda looks like someone upstairs approves of the unicorn bike. 😃

Took a nice ride this morning the long way to Poth to vote. The election was at the church today, probably so you can pray the government does the right things.

View attachment 247257

Kinda looks like someone upstairs approves of the unicorn bike. [emoji2]
You already had confession Sunday [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Cynthia Ann Parker was captured about 30 miles east of Waco at Fort Parker when she was around 10 years old. Lived with the Indians for around 30 years and was recaptured and taken back to the whites. She was not happy about it. Her son was Quanah

Parker a Comanche chief. This was her first burial site. About four miles south of Poynor on 315 and one mile east on 478. A little over 100 miles from Waco. I turned 79 today and this was my birthday ride.
Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1519.jpg
    IMG_1519.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1524.jpg
    IMG_1524.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 179
Happy birthday Bob. Thanks we want to visit to visit Foster cemetery. Is this where she was first buried. Read the book Empire of the Summer Moon. Very good read about Chief Quanah Parker.

Happy birthday Bob. Thanks we want to visit to visit Foster cemetery. Is this where she was first buried. Read the book Empire of the Summer Moon. Very good read about Chief Quanah Parker.
I think she is buried in OK now. Its a neat little cemetery and back in the woods. Was not a driveway up to it so just drive across the field. The cemetery is about 4 miles south of Poynor on315 and one mile east on 478 all paved but narrow.

When you have an FJR you don't let things like miles come between friends. Today I got up and kicked the kid out of the house to go to school, then hopped on the FJR and pointed her east. One of the FJRiders members from Baton Rouge was pointed northwest and we met in the middle for lunch in Milam Texas. Chilly and cloudy this morning but 55 and sunny on the way home. Good ride, good food, and good company during lunch.

DSC00392-L.jpg

Good post, great pics. Been a blast making all the TLU road games this season with Whiskeysmith. Marshal,Tx, Abilene,Tx, Brownwood,Tx Alpine,Tx. and beautiful downtown Belton,Tx. Praise and thanks to the good Lord for keeping us safe along all our journeys. Great riding and great fellowship. Even made a few friends along the way. Blessings to all TWTers!

No photos to show, but I got out for about six hours on Sunday and put a little over 200 miles on the bike. I met up with some folks in Apache Junction (far east side of the Phoenix valley) and we rode to Maria's Restaurant in Hayden for lunch, then a left turn in Winkelman to take us up to Globe, followed by a left turn to take us back home again.

The road from AJ to Superior (Hwy 60) is mild with some elevation change and a couple of nice sweepers. The road from Superior to Winkelman (177) is excellent with good paving, good elevation changes, good sweepers and 40 mph curves. Just be careful of the speed limit changes going into the small towns. From Winkelman to Globe on 77 is also very good with many of the same attributes as 177. A short ride through Globe / Claypool / Miami (back on Hwy 60) and then into the mountains and curves from Miami to Superior for a very good ride at a spirited pace. I suppose I could go pull the video from the bike's on-board camera, but nah... I'm just too lazy.

The map shows our route, but if you pull this area up on Google maps and zoom in you can get a sense of how well the roads twist and turn as well as what the elevation changes are like. It's not as good our Devil's Highway, but the "Winkelman Loop" is a very popular ride out here.

11-10-19 Mayo Docs to Hayden.png

Perfect weather to get out and ride some dirt roads. Headed southwest by Pawnee to explore some areas I haven’t been in awhile. Someone Lost a nice Kubota tractor

then I came across the abandoned town of El Oso. Not much left but an old cotton mill and a store.

130 miles of mostly dirt roads and it was time to find a gas station for the thirsty 701. Headed back towards the house but found one more nice spot to stop for @Windmill .

Perfect weather to get out and ride some dirt roads. Headed southwest by Pawnee to explore some areas I haven’t been in awhile. Someone Lost a nice Kubota tractor

View attachment 248648

then I came across the abandoned town of El Oso. Not much left but an old cotton mill and a store.

View attachment 248649

View attachment 248650

View attachment 248651

130 miles of mostly dirt roads and it was time to find a gas station for the thirsty 701. Headed back towards the house but found one more nice spot to stop for @Windmill .

View attachment 248652
I wanna go

It's tax time in Texas and they're striking up the band. First head to head over to beeville and get my bike inspected, then back to George West and paid the license plate off, did the early voting, and finally the property taxes. First little day ride in 3 months.
View attachment 246854

View attachment 246855

View attachment 246856

View attachment 246858

View attachment 246859

Got home 10 minutes later pager went off and made a landing zone for our regional Halo flight. unconscious stroke victim but had regained consciousness by the time she was put on the bird
View attachment 246861

View attachment 246863

View attachment 246864

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle, Brian. :thumb:

View attachment 248648

View attachment 248649

View attachment 248650

View attachment 248651

View attachment 248652
)n Google Maps what are all those white caliche pads with equipment on them surrounding El Oso? Oil field , natural gas ? Just curious.

)n Google Maps what are all those white caliche pads with equipment on them surrounding El Oso? Oil field , natural gas ? Just curious.

yes sir, oil patch. Went by one spot where the flare off flame was louder than the wind noise in my helmet.

Back