• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Hill Country ride this morning from Austin to Wimberly and then out to Blanco. Came back via some LITTLE country roads on the way to Dripping Springs, then home 290. A good morning to be out and about. Saw LOTS of y'all out there!

Attachments

• IMG_1367.jpeg
    IMG_1367.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1365.jpeg
    IMG_1365.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 173
Hill Country ride this morning from Austin to Wimberly and then out to Blanco. Came back via some LITTLE country roads on the way to Dripping Springs, then home 290. A good morning to be out and about. Saw LOTS of y'all out there!
Does the transmission shift like butter like all RE's do. I miss my Classic 500 single.

Does the transmission shift like butter like all RE's do. I miss my Classic 500 single.
It shifts better than I do ;) Sometimes I get a little over-eager and hit a false neutral between 5 and 6. But it is butter smooth all the way up through the gears. A tiny bit clunky down from 2 to 1 but it just lets me know where I am (no gear indicator on these). I have Silkolene in there and it does help the shifting a good bit.

Very happy with the RE - totally suits my riding style.

It shifts better than I do ;) Sometimes I get a little over-eager and hit a false neutral between 5 and 6. But it is butter smooth all the way up through the gears. A tiny bit clunky down from 2 to 1 but it just lets me know where I am (no gear indicator on these). I have Silkolene in there and it does help the shifting a good bit.

Very happy with the RE - totally suits my riding style.
It will get better on clunks, I ran a magnetic oil plug, especially first few thousand. I put over 10K on my Classic and never had a problem. It said to run semi synthetic oil but I ran full M/C synthetic. I didn't ride it often so I changed her oil every 2K miles. She cornered on a rail. I roasted hot dogs in front of the headlight. Best lit bike I ever rode.

It will get better on clunks, I ran a magnetic oil plug, especially first few thousand. I put over 10K on my Classic and never had a problem. It said to run semi synthetic oil but I ran full M/C synthetic. I didn't ride it often so I changed her oil every 2K miles. She cornered on a rail. I roasted hot dogs in front of the headlight. Best lit bike I ever rode.
That's great to hear. Yeah, I'm only a Sunday rider right now with work and family, so even though I got the bike in October, it's still only got ~900 miles. But last two weekends have been 80 mile day rides, so it's creeping up a bit.

What a beautiful weekend for riding, was out early on Saturday morning and all through Hill Country, forgot to take many pictures except for the obligatory Lukenbach photo, actually well before anything even opened up there.

True, and that weather has been extended through the week. The Beginning of the greatest time to ride of this year. Luckenbach a fun area.

Boulder Ed and I rode out to Brazos River near Calvert, to look at some river front property. Beautiful rain cooled weather. Then rode Sunshine Road from Rogers to Holland Tx. If you ever get a chance ride Sunshine Road. It crosses Little River, on a bridge, beautiful farm and ranch land.

Last edited:

On my way home I stopped to honor a young man in his early 30's that I met for 15 minutes June 12th 2020. We prayed together before he went home. His heart stopped and could not be restarted 2 Corinthians 5:8

Quote by Tourmister : Love the people around you, everyday,because you never know when it might be your last day or theirs.

Last edited:
What about their biscuits. Oh an they are good. I order two extra.

They ain't tea bag. I don't usually eat many though... I'm to busy stuffing my face with chicken and peppers. We used to all chip in for a big spread and send someone for Church's at lunch. My mouth is watering right now....

What about their biscuits. Oh an they are good. I order two extra.
I just get a 10 pack so some for the freezer. I got that stuff at home . You can't hardly make your own fried chicken as cheaply as you can just buy it all ready to eat now days. Popeye's fried chicken is good too but it's jist more expensive

You get a jalapeno and a red soda water?

I just remembered something, I was in Beeville on business some years back and stumbled across the "Burger Depot." They had the best pickled jalapenos I think I've ever encountered.... It appeared they made them there and they had carrot slices pickled in with them. Delicious.

I just remembered something, I was in Beeville on business some years back and stumbled across the "Burger Depot." They had the best pickled jalapenos I think I've ever encountered.... It appeared they made them there and they had carrot slices pickled in with them. Delicious.
still there
Correction, I meant to say yes it is still there. It is owned by the local tire barron across the street.

Last edited:
Back