• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Powell MCP

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
I know it was mentioned when it first opened up for weekend riding instead of just once or twice a year for AMSA family ride weekends but I felt it was worth mentioning again.

Zach and his family have added some new trail over the last year, its now a 5 mile loop.

The last 3 times I have been out there I have basically had the place to myself, with only 2 or 3 other riders on the property.

Today Sam and I had the place from 8:30 when we arrived unit 1pm when we left by ourselves. One guy showed up as we finished our last loop.

Hard to beat for a $20 dollar fee to ride not as big as Hidden Falls, Zars or some of the other areas but almost no rocks good soil and a good mix of open and tight woods sections.

I need to keep that in mind and go. I forget it's open

573 High Grove Rd

Cedar Creek, Texas

sent with 2 cans and a wire

Open, have a couple of friends headed that way. I'm still recovering so I can't meet them.

The old Powell Ranch where we used to have HS a long time ago in the now defunct South Texas HS series? Near Rockne?

The old Powell Ranch where we used to have HS a long time ago in the now defunct South Texas HS series? Near Rockne?

Yep Zach opened it up as a public riding area last year, open just about every weekend unless its just too muddy

Anyone know if this place is still open for weekend riding? Their FB page has not been updated in a while.

Thanks
CJB

My guess is after all the rain the past few weeks they will let it dry out for an extra week this week.

Give Zach a call yes they are open every weekend depending on rainfall. It is their family property so they do not open after large rains as they don't want it torn up.

They had some guys come in a year ago and do a lot of road damage in their pickups just because it was wet and they decided to get out and play mud racers in their trucks.

Great Family that has been moto friendly to single track riders for over 20 years hosting events at their property through various organizations.

Unfortunatley we have lost a great spot close to Austin to ride. As of yesterday the Powell's have elected to close down operations of Powell MCP

Zach dont know if you look at the forums but if you do Thank you for being open when you were as I enjoyed the times I got to ride there and the time I got to spend visiting your family members while on the property.

I saw their post on Facebook, hate to hear this. Although too far for me to travel for such a short trail I still hate it for them and the local riders. That was a cool property.

I was only getting out there every couple of months but most days I was there were never more than 3 other riders and often I was out there by myself.

Sad for the local riding community.

I was only getting out there every couple of months but most days I was there were never more than 3 other riders and often I was out there by myself.

Sad for the local riding community.

Same here. I'm really surprised they lasted as long as they did. Fun place for a change of pace.

I hate seeing riding areas close

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe they'll open once a month or so.

It was kind of short for a day of riding .

Back