• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pray for / talk to your children and grandchildren

Reaction score
This may not be the right place for this post and it may seem a bit odd. I posted it late Saturday night but after reading over it a couple of times, I decided it was way to heavy and gloomy. I tried to think of a way to lighten it up..... I couldn't so I deleted it....... But..... I keep thinking I need to say something so here goes.... and I apologize for the anger and heaviness of it.

I attended a funeral in Cleburne Texas Saturday of an 18 year old young man that took his own life. His grandfather is a good friend of mine. It completely blind sighted everyone and made absolutely no sense at all. I had met him several times and he was a very kind, respectful and out going young man that seemed to have it all together and everything going for him...... It hit close to home with me because it was just a few years ago that my own son-in-law, just a few years older took his life...........so......I guess I said that to say this......

Our enemy Satan goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He is a coward who attacks without warning when we are at our weakest and loneliest and there is no mercy in him.

Pay attention to your loved ones. Talk to them often and deeply. Pray for them then pray some more for them................. Please keep the family of the young man in your prayers.....Dave

Amen, Dave.
My heart aches for you and your friend's family.
Satan is everything you say and he is the deceiver and the accuser, but... he is not God. He lies, steals and destroys. God gives life.
I have similar struggles in my own family, and, when I was younger, I came close to going down that path a number of times., but God...

“Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11-18‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/eph.6.11-18.nasb1995

Sometimes it is hard to put on the armor and do battle even when you know “The Truth” like @Tracker I have walked close to the ledge and understand how someone can cross it. I’m thankful that God’s grace has allowed me to discern when I need rescue and have been able to step back from the ledge and change course.

“For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭6:20‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/1co.6.20.nasb1995
I strive to live in the reality that I have been bought with a price and have great value to my God that gave me life both physically and spiritually.

Thanks for letting me ramble. Not sure it makes sense to anyone but me.

I will certainly lift up the families of these young men.

It's not just young folks, although suicide takes a big toll there. Last year two 40-ish men I know took their own lives. Satan is overjoyed at this. He loves despair.

Thank you for sharing. I'll be praying for all involved and the the grace of God will prevail and call his children to himself.

I have had this effect several family members both successful and foiled. The darkness that the devil tries to overshadow someone with is unreal at times. Pray yes, grab and hold as well.
Trust in the Lord.

Back